Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Re: Kubica's Recovery

The 2008 BMW was a regular podium contender which could luck into race wins, A bit like the 2011 Ferrari. It wasn't a car expected to be challenging for the title; or even regular wins. It's 1 thing to perform in such a car, another to perform in a regular race winning car. There have been many drivers who were multiple race winners (though never challenging for the title) that when they finally challenged for the title, and were considered as such, they bottled it.

I'm not saying this will happen to Robert. I'm just saying there's a very real chance of it.

Also if I recall, Seb fared better against Mark in 2009 than he did 2010. Not to mention he demolished Mark in 2009 qualifying 15-2.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MIKEY_!

raymondu999 wrote:We first have to see how fast/competitive he is after his accident, don't forget. Also I don't think they'll be taking up many external drivers for now while their own system is clogged with excess drivers.
Admittedly a risk but they seem a bit short on talent at the minute. The swiss boy isn't that good (although not terrible) and Algi has his moments but similar story. Ricciardo is ok but lacks experience and is arguably as big an unknown as Kubica.

raymondu999

I would say that Algi vs Bwemmy is similar to a tortoise vs hare situation. I think Algi has more core pace than Bwemmy, but he seems less consistent. Buemi is a clear piece of glass, while Alguersuari is more of a diamond in the rough. If you catch the analogy
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:The 2008 BMW was a regular podium contender which could luck into race wins, A bit like the 2011 Ferrari. It wasn't a car expected to be challenging for the title; or even regular wins. It's 1 thing to perform in such a car, another to perform in a regular race winning car. There have been many drivers who were multiple race winners (though never challenging for the title) that when they finally challenged for the title, and were considered as such, they bottled it.

I'm not saying this will happen to Robert. I'm just saying there's a very real chance of it.

Also if I recall, Seb fared better against Mark in 2009 than he did 2010. Not to mention he demolished Mark in 2009 qualifying 15-2.
Ehh? You are making some kind of "in hindsight averageing" of the 2008 season. If not starting from pole position in the first race, then having a top two car for some races, then a top three and leading the championship midway thru the season is not being a title contender, then what is??? After that you can say he was no longer a title contender.

Did I ever compare 2009 and 2010? No.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

raymondu999

My point being, from the outset, no one really *expected*, as opposed to *hoped* that the BMW would be a title contender; most people thought it would be a 2007 repeat of McLaren vs Ferrari.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:My point being, from the outset, no one really *expected*, as opposed to *hoped* that the BMW would be a title contender; most people thought it would be a 2007 repeat of McLaren vs Ferrari.
Yes, but once you start from pole position in on of the first races, the stakes rise quite a bit, don't you say? Then you are suddently the main title contender, just as Button became for Brawn GP.

We have different opinions, let's leave the matter at that. We'll see what the future holds.
Last edited by Donuts on 27 Sep 2011, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
The mind of Alain Prost.

raymondu999

Huh? Robert was on pole in Bahrain 2008, which was the third race. 2008 Melbourne was the first race. Lewis was on pole.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:Huh? Robert was on pole in Bahrain 2008, which was the third race. 2008 Melbourne was the first race. Lewis was on pole.
Happy? Man, you really like pointing things out. :wink: I*m writing this in a hurry, I have a lot of things to do at work... Cheers!
The mind of Alain Prost.

raymondu999

You were using that as the basis of your argument, which wasn't true. Hence me pointing it out.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:You were using that as the basis of your argument, which wasn't true. Hence me pointing it out.
The basis of my argument is that he started the season with a title contender. It's pretty clear from my earlier posts. I think you understand my point of view, I understand yours, but it does'nt mean I agree with it. I could continue and point out that Robert Kubica almost took pole in Melbourne as well, but I guess you know this the same way you would have guessed I knew that Bahrain was the third race. You posted your comment really fast, I did'nt even have time to review my post, hence why I wrote that you were eager to point things out!
The mind of Alain Prost.

raymondu999

I get what you're saying yes, but the fact that you used to back it up was a non-fact. He wasn't on pole in melbourne, no matter how close he came to it. He WAS on pole in Bahrain; but that wasn't the 1st race.

EDIT: OH! I just understood what you meant about my eagerness vs you writing in a hurry; you just edited the above post to say "ONE OF" the first races. Right. Sorry. I took it the wrong way and thought you were getting personal, saying I was being annoyingly pedantic :P

My sincerest apologies
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

dren

So when's Kubica due back to test in the car/simulator?
Honda!

Donuts

dren wrote:So when's Kubica due back to test in the car/simulator?
I'll tell you as soon as I know. :D

Here you can almost always find the lastest and most reliable news(in need of translation if you don't know the polish language):

http://sokolimokiem.tv/

Mikolaj Sokol is Robert Kubicas journalist friend and has very good communication with his manager Daniele Morrelli.
The mind of Alain Prost.

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:I get what you're saying yes, but the fact that you used to back it up was a non-fact. He wasn't on pole in melbourne, no matter how close he came to it. He WAS on pole in Bahrain; but that wasn't the 1st race.

EDIT: OH! I just understood what you meant about my eagerness vs you writing in a hurry; you just edited the above post to say "ONE OF" the first races. Right. Sorry. I took it the wrong way and thought you were getting personal, saying I was being annoyingly pedantic :P

My sincerest apologies
I can see how easy it was to interpret things in another way than I had in mind. So there's no need for an apology. But, thanks! Accepted! :D
The mind of Alain Prost.

cravenciak
cravenciak

Robert Kubica is going to return to Formula One in 2012, according to F1 doctor Riccardo Ceccarelli.

And the same message has emerged this week from the Pole's manager Daniele Morelli, after Renault boss Eric Boullier imposed a mid-October deadline for the finalization of the team's 2012 lineup.

"If you keep delaying, delaying, delaying, you end up risking the interests of the team," Boullier is quoted as saying last weekend by Globo Esporte. "That is why we have to have the deadline."

But Morelli has told Italy's Omnicorse this week: "We are not able to predict a precise date (for Kubica's return) because it is nature taking its course.

"But we are optimistic, very optimistic, and I do not think a delay of a couple of weeks can affect the plans.

"One thing is certain — he is coming back. The only problem now is muscular."

Ceccarelli, who is heading the 26-year-old's rehabilitation phase, confirmed: "I would say with certainty that Robert will be a F1 driver in 2012.

"I cannot say when he will be ready but it will be between the months of November and January."

He said the earlier problems with Kubica's right hand have now been overcome.

"Yes, it's great, even if this healing is gradual. Not forgetting that Robert suffered injuries to two of the three nerves, and had severs of the tendons and muscles, the feeling has come back to the fingertips," said Ceccarelli.

The truth at present, however, is that Kubica is not yet ready to return to a single seater, nor even drive a road car.

"It is true, Robert still has an external fixator on his leg and we have not rushed to remove it — the longer the better, and the better result. So as we wait for the healing of the hand and the elbow, there is still no hurry," said Ceccarelli.

He added that when the fixator is removed, Kubica can get to work.

"The muscles have been inactive for months and so need to recover tone and strength. But the big question — if he can drive in Formula One again — has gone."