Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

MIKEY_! wrote:How big can they make these flaps. What's the wording like in the regulations? Is it similar to the gurney rules for the rear wing. With this gurney on gurney stuff... how many flaps can they stick on there? :lol:
F1 Tech Regs 2011 wrote:3.12.7 No bodywork which is visible from beneath the car and which lies between the rear wheel centre line and a point 350mm rearward of it may be more than 125mm above the reference plane. With the exception of the aperture described below, any intersection of the surfaces in this area with a lateral or longitudinal vertical plane should form one continuous line which is visible from beneath the car.
An aperture for the purpose of allowing access for the device referred to in Article 5.16 is permitted in this surface. However, no such aperture may have an area greater than 3500mm2 when projected onto the surface itself and no point on the aperture may be more than 100mm from any other point on the aperture.
Additionally, any bodywork in this area must produce uniform, solid, hard, continuous, rigid (no degree of freedom in relation to the body/chassis unit), impervious surfaces under all circumstances).
I think that it doesn't get covered by the diffuser rules at all, because 1) it's not visible from beneath the car 2) it's above 125mm above the reference plane, so it doesn't get caught in the lateral/longitudinal vertical plane forming one continuous line rule. It also doesn't get caught in the rear wing rules because it's too low. Seems like the teams can do pretty much anything in there, as long as it's above 125mm and below the beam wing's bounding box.

Francesc
Francesc

wesley123
wesley123

SICK AL wrote:flexible frontwing and flexible underfloor is illegal.
where it states that? Yes the rules state with no amount of movement at all but we all know that is impossible
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Vasco

Here is another article from scarbs on a see-saw type solution for the splitter:

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/10/1 ... -solution/

What are the chances that RBR are using such a solution...which could explain the uniform wear across the t-tray.

Vasco

SICK AL wrote:
Vasco wrote:
SICK AL wrote:hi, have registered here a few minutes ago. sorry, didn´t read the thread, was just looking for some info´s and pics. can´t remenber that anybody has posted this monza pic and the piola animation. i know that lots of people know the red bull facts. of course the RB7 is illegal.
There have been discussions about this in previous pages. Basically that picture from Monza raised eyebrows because of the wear of the splitter. Normally one would have expected the wear to be focussed mainly on the edge of the splitter with the high amount of rake that RBR run.

Here is scarb's analysis: http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/10/1 ... ndal-2011/
yeah, i know scarbs site. he´s doing allways a good job. just wanted to post the animation of giorgio piola.

am from germany, my english is not the best. but in germany most people don´t accept that the RB7 could be illegal, cause it would devalue vettels title.

am happy that here are people discussing about red bulls spectacular aero.
I would see this more as a loop hole that Red Bull exploited and not an illegal item. The precedent was set last year with the issues around flexible bodywork, that still passed the FIA tests.

Banki
Banki

I saw so the Red bull went huger rake in the Q3 than in the Q2 and Q1.
As a result they were able to struggle for the pole.

raymondu999

I think you might be seeing things there mate - they can't change rake from Q2 to Q3.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Banki
Banki

raymondu999 wrote:I think you might be seeing things there mate - they can't change rake from Q2 to Q3.
Maybe I saw it badly :)

PaulB

raymondu999 wrote:I think you might be seeing things there mate - they can't change rake from Q2 to Q3.
Why not? Is that banned per reglement?
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/

raymondu999

PaulB wrote:
Why not? Is that banned per reglement?
It should be included under parc ferme
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Francesc
Francesc

That hole...

PlatinumZealot

Francesc wrote:That hole...
That hole has always been there under different guises throughout the season.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

scarbs
scarbs

No, it only appeared early in the season.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

RB7 photo overload.. Lots and lots of details seen:
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/bild ... how_item=1

astracrazy
astracrazy

must be like a birthday and Christmas all at once for the other teams