Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

Scarbs twitter
#F1 Red Bull RB7 secrets revealed: exclusive spy shots from every angle + latest Piola tech video. AMuS-story: bit.ly/pyihUF

Mandrake
Mandrake

This will certainly help teams understand the RB7, but the RB8 will most probably not be a carbon copy of the RB7, so at best it might enable other teams to come closer to the RedBull, but not beat them just by blatantly copying different parts of the car.

By the way, I'm pretty sure Horner and Newey are pretty pissed with Mark Webber for binning the car at such a stupid place. It was all his fault for overshooting the corner thx to the wing jammed under the car.

PlatinumZealot

Mandrake wrote:This will certainly help teams understand the RB7, but the RB8 will most probably not be a carbon copy of the RB7, so at best it might enable other teams to come closer to the RedBull, but not beat them just by blatantly copying different parts of the car.

By the way, I'm pretty sure Horner and Newey are pretty pissed with Mark Webber for binning the car at such a stupid place. It was all his fault for overshooting the corner thx to the wing jammed under the car.
They must have expected the car to crash at some point.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

raymondu999

smikle, I think what Mandrake meant was that they were pissed Webber binned it in Monza, rather than just the fact that Webber binned it.
ε€±θ΄₯θ€…ζ‰Ύη†η”±οΌŒζˆεŠŸθ€…ζ‰Ύζ–Ήζ³•

Mandrake
Mandrake

Correct Sir :)

Although it apparently happened again in Japan....is that a new trend in F1? Send your engineers to danegrous corners and pick up the leftovers from the competition?

McLaren now have a new FW as well, if it flexes or resembles the RB7 wing in a way the new Ferrari wing does, I bet in Japan McLaren took home that wing ;)

raymondu999

It's one thing to take a look in the paddock and copy it, but it's another thing to steal fragments and debris, no?

timbo
timbo

The spirit of RRA :D

PlatinumZealot

More like the spirit of protecting your wing from Ferrari!

Racing Green in 2028

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

surely that has to be theft and therefore a criminal act. :!:

stolen-wing-gate? :?:
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Looks like RBR is running a slightly new FW for India.

raymondu999

Was their new front wing not the one with the long, blade-like cascade wing?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

raymondu999 wrote:Was their new front wing not the one with the long, blade-like cascade wing?
I believe I'm wrong, mistaken. After closer look, I believe it's the same wing as Korea. My apologies.

Mazdaboy

KERS or oil cooling?

Every race ends when the chequered flag is out!

Pierce89

Does anyone have proof Ferrari stole a broken Red Bull wing at Monza, or just a nebulous Horner quote?(We know how reliable those are)
β€œTo be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

β€œI've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

PlatinumZealot

Mazdaboy wrote:KERS or oil cooling?

:?: hmm
Whatever it is, it's tied on to the radiator front mesh using chicken wire and it has a black rod/cable connected on the left side.

Racing Green in 2028