Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

Pierce89 wrote:Does anyone have proof Ferrari stole a broken Red Bull wing at Monza, or just a nebulous Horner quote?(We know how reliable those are)
I'm pretty sure it's just a running joke after MW front wing came off and then at the next race an identical wing was fitted to the ferrari.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

PlatinumZealot

The commentators were saying the wing was never returned from the Itialian marshals. Gotta wonder if they were serious.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Caito
Caito

It's said that the fans got it, at least peace of it. I saw a pic of wing debris, but as you know, monza track was opened after the race.. so, no one knows.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

MIKEY_!

It's possible that Ferrari have been working on an RBR like wing for some time. It's not hard to get good pics of most it. They would have had to spend more time in the wind tunnel to do that.

aleks_ader

n smikle wrote:
Mazdaboy wrote:KERS or oil cooling?

:?: hmm
Whatever it is, it's tied on to the radiator front mesh using chicken wire and it has a black rod/cable connected on the left side.

maybe is this just a pressure sensor to measure flow ratio trougth rads?
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Caito
Caito

Let me say that it would also be quite easy to get a laser scanner and scan the whole car..

MIKEY_!

:lol: In pit lane, without the target team noticing and complaining??? I don't think so. It's just too blatant.

Caito
Caito

They're really small, you could do it while waiting for the start. Besides, you only have to do it once.. its F1.

The FOZ
The FOZ

Why not stick the RB7 into CMM probing machine? Still won't matter much. Keep in mind, the body shape is basically the most aerodynamically efficient shape that fits over the internal components. Obviously there are compromises to be made for both, that goes without saying.

Anyhow, the body shape of the RB7 could help HRT, Virgin, and Lotus, but the detail of the outer surfaces is such a small part of the performance picture, it really isn't worth the effort. McL, Ferrari, Renault, Merc, all the upper end teams have aerodynamically refined cars, sure, each could benefit from improvements here and there...even RBR is bound to have areas less refined than could be accomplished.

Point is, from a design standpoint, a body shape doesn't do much of anything in terms of reverse engineering a car into something effective.

Mandrake
Mandrake

MIKEY_! wrote:It's possible that Ferrari have been working on an RBR like wing for some time. It's not hard to get good pics of most it. They would have had to spend more time in the wind tunnel to do that.
It's not just the shape, that would be no deal, but shape + flexing in a way it's never flexed before is striking....And we can be sure it's not the wing's layout that makes it flex

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Wing was never stolen by Ferrari.

Newey said half the wing was returned to RB, and the other half is probably in Maranello (the last part is a joke). The reality is the other half got broken into little pieces after Webber's collision with Massa.
Last edited by Gerhard Berger on 02 Nov 2011, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

wesley123
wesley123

So half a wing is 'stolen' on Ferrari home territory, seems qite obvious a tifosi sent it to Ferrari, maybe even getting big bucks from it
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

wesley123 wrote:So half a wing is 'stolen' on Ferrari home territory, seems qite obvious a tifosi sent it to Ferrari, maybe even getting big bucks from it
Sorry Wes, i just edited my post. :oops:

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

aleks_ader

Anyone knows the times of this testing? Thx!
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 03 Nov 2011, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quoted video; look at post right above
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna