Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
donskar
donskar

Re: Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

CHT wrote:Ferrari just announce the signing former bridgestone director. 2012 Ferrari better be quick, or else it will be a major PR disaster for the team.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96940
PR disaster? In reality, Hamashima and the other recent hires are not likely to have much impact until around mid-season, if then.

I wonder -- has Ferrari really reorganized the tech team or just replaced old faces with new ones? If they have reorganized, have they gone back to the organization of the "dream team" years? That organization was so successful, I'd think that would be a model to follow (?)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

I don't understand why Ferrari is hiring a compound engineer? Its not like Hirohide Hamashima know whats the compound of the tyre consist of.... Its not like the Schumacher period where teams are allowed to choose their tyre supplier then its significant to have an tyre engineer in the team

munudeges
munudeges

I don't understand it either. What he's going to do about a tyre problem that should already be well known to them I have no idea. However, with him having been at Bridgestone maybe Ferrari know something we don't?

aleks_ader

donskar wrote:
CHT wrote:Ferrari just announce the signing former bridgestone director. 2012 Ferrari better be quick, or else it will be a major PR disaster for the team.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96940
PR disaster? In reality, Hamashima and the other recent hires are not likely to have much impact until around mid-season, if then.

I wonder -- has Ferrari really reorganized the tech team or just replaced old faces with new ones? If they have reorganized, have they gone back to the organization of the "dream team" years? That organization was so successful, I'd think that would be a model to follow (?)
I dont think so dont forget taems still have very low data base around NEW PIRELI tyres! So Ayoshi could there be big help for ferrari engineers! Expecialy now when Ferrari try to make pullrod susp...
Last edited by aleks_ader on 11 Jan 2012, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aleks_ader

From twitter came new interesting mews about new crazy Rory floor and diffuozor... Now they atlast allready try in CFD his new concept how differently seal floor and diffuozor...
- With very accurate data are not yet in the CFD simulations give a gain of about 8 points aerodynamic Byrne's new fund
-The 8 points win over the current flat bottom that it was very good. But it must be taken with caution until proven in the tunnel
-If confirmed in wind tunnel it would be a milestone, this week we will know more;)
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Tyler
Tyler

maued wrote:And another information: Ferrari has filed Steve Clark to be the new engineers responsible of the track.
Yes I saw that, Pat Fry poached him from Mercedes.
Anyone know much about him, what he's achieved etc - will this be a big loss for Mercedes and a big gain for Ferrari?
Fry seems to be getting a lot of his ex-employees to follow him to Ferrari (especially out of McLaren), obviously he was a good boss to work for. He seems to be on quite a hiring spree.
Ferrari seem to be in the Anglo-sizing phase of their continuous Italian-izing/Anglo-sizing process.

aleks_ader

Today will Ferrari try to past crashtest in facility near Milano? Tifozi fingers cross..

amouzouris

we know that Rory Byrne has done something clever with the diffuser...any thoughts on what would that be??

aleks_ader

amouzouris wrote:we know that Rory Byrne has done something clever with the diffuser...any thoughts on what would that be??
That is question for one 1 milion dollars! Amaou read from page 12 :wink: from there we came up with many differend solution what that could be! :wink:

amouzouris

have they said that he found a way to better seal the diffuser??

aleks_ader

amouzouris wrote:have they said that he found a way to better seal the diffuser??
Yep! It looks like with combinatino of other rumors tunenels or ducts, doubble floor, zirotech, diffuozor sealing....

i susposed that they could use a some pasive heat system (egine and exhaust heat) to energise a flow around the diffuzor and floor area!

PhillipM
PhillipM

Tbh, I wouldn't be trusting too much info 'released' via twitter, could well just be to send the other teams chasing their tails...

amouzouris

well...i dont think Byrne has used zircotech or anything else they developed for the diffuser sealing because they were talking about it before he invented the new diffuser...

munudeges
munudeges

amouzouris wrote:we know that Rory Byrne has done something clever with the diffuser...any thoughts on what would that be??
It's not the diffuser that's important.

I'm very sceptical about these rumours and I can't really think of why they would have to use some specific heat resistant material unless they were directing exhaust gas there.

amouzouris

is it possible that they found a way to keep the exhaust gases attached to the bodywork and reach the diffuser?