Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
KubicaFAN
KubicaFAN

Re: Kubica's Recovery

Donuts wrote:
ringo wrote:His silence means he knows he's a gonner, and he's probably trying to figure out how to cope with the handicap.
Are you talking about Massa? :lol: Yeah, for once you're right with your comments, Massa is a gonner! Kubica will replace him come midseason.
=D> Exactly as you say

ringo

Dr Riccardo Ceccarelli has supervised the Pole's recovery since he was seriously injured in a rallying accident in February, but the two have now decided to go their separate ways.

"I wish Robert a speedy recovery and return to Formula One," Ceccarelli is quoted as saying on Sport.pl.

"We knew that at some point we would have different views on how to continue his rehabilitation. Robert will be working with someone else."

It remains unclear when exactly Kubica will return to Formula One, and Ceccarelli feels it is important not to rush things.

"I have not changed my opinion. I have often said that Robert will sit behind the wheel of an F1 car again in 2012, but he needs time. Nature must take its course, but his moment will come," he said.
doesn't sound good for the hand. Probably not giving him the feedback he wants.
For Sure!!

scuderiafan

Kubica's done as far as I'm concerned.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

MIKEY_!

Sad but probably true.

Giblet
Giblet

@Ringo how did you go from:

"I have not changed my opinion. I have often said that Robert will sit behind the wheel of an F1 car again in 2012, but he needs time. Nature must take its course, but his moment will come," he said.

to:

doesn't sound good for the hand. Probably not giving him the feedback he wants.

?

The doctor (not his manager) says 2012 he will be back in a car. He has no reason to pump him up if he sees otherwise.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ringo

Well they might be parting ways because robert doesn't believe in the doctor.
That is my guess.
If all was well i think robert would stick with him.

Robert probably can't match the reality of his hand's current state with the predictions the doc is giving him.

Robert knows more than the doc what an F1 strength hand should feel like. He can easily call BS on Ceccarelli's prediction.
For Sure!!

Jac_ek
Jac_ek

Ceccarelli goes to BMW DTM, maybe Kubica need a doctor which can be with him every day / week ? Not only on telephone line?

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/14179/ ... -test-team

or with google translate
http://translate.google.pl/translate?sl ... -test-team

tc9604
tc9604

"Reports coming out of Italy suggest that Robert Kubica has broken his leg after falling over on ice. Am chasing up confirmation."

https://twitter.com/#!/NobleF1

Game over then...

TomAsh
TomAsh

D'oh... i had other word on the tip of my tongue...

piast9
piast9

In Polish news they told that the bone just fractured and the rehabilitation will be delayed by only 3 weeks. Too bad that the fracture is exactly in the place where the bone was broken in the February accident.

What a heap of bad luck by the way...

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula ... 521193.stm

Id forget a F1 this year now Robert.

munudeges
munudeges

I smell nonsense here. It sounds like they're inventing yet another injury, not related to the hand and arm, as an excuse to delay any comeback that they know is delayed anyway, probably indefinitely.

bhall
bhall

Man, that guy can't catch a break...err, you know what I mean.

Richard
Richard

Bad luck while walking on ice/snow? I guess it is bad luck in the same way that it's bad luck to cut yourself when juggling knives after you've had re-constructive surgery on your arms and lack full sensation & fine motor control.

Hang on second, I've an idea to keep him occupied while he waits for his leg to heal.....

mun - a broken leg is a bit hard to fake isn't it? I can't see how he'd break it deliberately to save face?

Giblet
Giblet

They say a 3 week delay. There was little chance of him making testing in a few weeks anyway, but this shouldn't affect his potential 2012.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute