Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zgred

Re: Kubica's Recovery

According to the Italian and Polish media he broke ankle.
gazzetta.it wrote: Kubica, what bad luck!
Falls and broken ankle
Italian
sport.pl wrote:Robert Kubica slipped on the road near his home in Pietrasanta, Italy. Studies have shown that broken ankle in his right leg. Earlier media reported a fracture of the tibia in exactly the same place where it damaged 11 months ago in an accident in the Ronde di Andora.
Polish

timbo
timbo

Oh dear, unlucky chap he is, isn't he?

PlatinumZealot

Sigh..suppose more fractures open up when he goes back driving in F1?
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Racing Green in 2028

Shrieker

zgred wrote:
sport.pl wrote:Robert Kubica slipped on the road near his home in Pietrasanta, Italy. Studies have shown that broken ankle in his right leg. Earlier media reported a fracture of the tibia in exactly the same place where it damaged 11 months ago in an accident in the Ronde di Andora.
It's good news for him if it's not the same place that was broken last year. Cause that would cast real doubt as to whether he could ever return.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatรผrk

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

It's hardly good news. Once again he'll have to take it easy for a period of time while the break heals. He's lost alot of muscle mass which he really needs to rebuild, it could take 12 months to get anywhere near the level of fitness he was at when he was racing.

It's really really sad, unfortunately I doubt he's going to be back in a car next year either.

Richard
Richard

You have to worry about the fragility of a young athlete who falls over and breaks bones like an old granny. Should we worry about him falling where a pre-accident Kubica would have nimbly stayed on his feet? Or should we worry that if a pre-accident Kubica had fallen he wouldn't have suffered a break?

It's like other sports stars who get a new injury just as they are getting over the preceding unrelated injury. The body is telling them that they're pushing themselves too quickly.

Donuts

Oh my god! Talk about news being blown out of proportion(italian tabloid newspaper). There is really not much of a story here, he re-opened a fracture in his leg which needed a small fixture(nothing compared to the one he had before). The doctors say it'll take three to four weeks before he can get back to normal leg excercise. It's hardly the leg that's the "bottleneck" in his recovery, it's the shoulder-elbow-hand which he can excercise as normal. To sum it up, nothing that affects his final recovery time.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

scuderiafan

Mr Alcatraz wrote:Why didn't all of these tribulations happen to someone that is a real dick Kubica is a real down bro, every one liked him almost everyone.
I wonder if he will attend OZ for the first GP? Wherever he is he needs to be on suicdie watch.
...what.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

yace

fortunately, he didn't hurt his hand! he was again, unlucky but very lucky in the same time!
webber raced with 2 fractured legs, so i don't thnik we must worry about this :)
ImageImageImage

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Donuts wrote:Oh my god! Talk about news being blown out of proportion(italian tabloid newspaper). There is really not much of a story here, he re-opened a fracture in his leg which needed a small fixture(nothing compared to the one he had before). The doctors say it'll take three to four weeks before he can get back to normal leg excercise. It's hardly the leg that's the "bottleneck" in his recovery, it's the shoulder-elbow-hand which he can excercise as normal. To sum it up, nothing that affects his final recovery time.
Wrong. Formula 1 drivers don't just sit in a chair and pump weights. He needs to rebuild his stamina, he's only going do this by cycling/running/swimming/etc. He can't work out properly until he's back on two feet.

Donuts

Diesel wrote:
Donuts wrote:Oh my god! Talk about news being blown out of proportion(italian tabloid newspaper). There is really not much of a story here, he re-opened a fracture in his leg which needed a small fixture(nothing compared to the one he had before). The doctors say it'll take three to four weeks before he can get back to normal leg excercise. It's hardly the leg that's the "bottleneck" in his recovery, it's the shoulder-elbow-hand which he can excercise as normal. To sum it up, nothing that affects his final recovery time.
Wrong. Formula 1 drivers don't just sit in a chair and pump weights. He needs to rebuild his stamina, he's only going do this by cycling/running/swimming/etc. He can't work out properly until he's back on two feet.
Thank's doc!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97044 =D>

(This is what happens when you think you're an expert and don't bother reading information. They are practically verifying everything I wrote earlier.)
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

PlatinumZealot

Donuts wrote:
Diesel wrote:
Thank's doc!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97044 =D>

(This is what happens when you think you're an expert and don't bother reading information. They are practically verifying everything I wrote earlier.)
They should just pump him full of steroids and have him fit by June.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Racing Green in 2028

munudeges
munudeges

Donuts wrote:(This is what happens when you think you're an expert and don't bother reading information. They are practically verifying everything I wrote earlier.)
I'm afraid they're not, and nowhere is anyone saying that Kubica has started doing any physical work. At the moment he is trying to regain nerve function and repair the fracture. That is the extent of his recovery at the moment.

Sorry, but if you are re-opening fractures like that then you are in no condition whatsoever to do any form of training because he risks doing further injury. It is a very serious occurrence.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

That whole article is inconsistant. Read it properly and you'll understand why, instead of just reading the bits that trying to sugar coat it.

Mr Alcatraz

Diesel wrote:
Actually a machine similar to this
can give you an excellent cardio-pulmonary (aerobic) workout (best if the pedals are above the level of your heart). I'm not suggesting he jumps right on it, but it is a logical place to start (doing cardio) in a couple weeks. It will help build upper body strength as well. He may have already been doing something like this before this last accident unless it is/was counter-productive to the recovery of his hand, and or elbow. But he has to get up on his feet eventually to truly get in shape obviously no doubt.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand