F1 Blueprints

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lekaimadh
lekaimadh

F1 Blueprints

Does anybody here know where I can find some detailed blueprints of F1 it could be an old. Im doing in a 3d in Alias but very difficult to find any technical information I wan to model it as accurately as I can from body shell to breaks to suspension maybe engine as well

elmerfud
elmerfud

Re: F1 Blueprints

Try a website called gurneyflap.com they have 2001 prost images in hi res.
Also get your hands on the f1 rulebook for the era your aiming to draw, it's a good project for learning a cad package, so upgrade your pc and get a bootleg cad of something punchy 3d.
I've turned my attention to aircraft now, racing is so over regulated, aircraft are pure of form with no rules.

Giblet
Giblet

Have you tried http://the-blueprints.com ?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

gridwalker
gridwalker

Good call Giblet : I just looked through curiosity and found their McLaren archive.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/cars/mclaren/
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Giblet
Giblet

Its a good site. I've never purchased anything from them but I would imagine the vector versions are much easier to work with for accuracy.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

manchild
manchild

Few large ones by age

*right click 4 full size