Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

Believe this or not, but I promise to pay JET a roundtrip to the Austin GP, in case AMG wins a race before midsommer.

And I will be a happy man to do it.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Mr.S
Mr.S

Good News for MSC fans. Michael's 1.18-5 was set of HARD tyres compared to Nico's 1-17-6. So MSC is on par with Nico in terms of pace. Nothing to be really worried about right now.

It's 10 Days to go now before the launch of W03. Hope it proves to be a SUPER RELIABLE CAR like Carteham proved to be. Mercedes needs to squeeze out every possible lap out of the car considering how little time they will get.

spadeflush

still no news about crash tests?
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

spadeflush wrote:still no news about crash tests?
No news, is good news :-)

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Mr.S wrote:Good News for MSC fans. Michael's 1.18-5 was set of HARD tyres compared to Nico's 1-17-6. So MSC is on par with Nico in terms of pace. Nothing to be really worried about right now.

It's 10 Days to go now before the launch of W03. Hope it proves to be a SUPER RELIABLE CAR like Carteham proved to be. Mercedes needs to squeeze out every possible lap out of the car considering how little time they will get.
also, Michael did his on a 5 lap stint where as Nico did it on a quali run

marcush.
marcush.

who would doubt Michaels speed after last season?
He may< or may not have been better at times in his first career but he is definitely one of the very best racedrivers on the grid and not ready for retirement in his current form.
So maybe Nico has to content himself with runnerup in the MGP AMG ranking this year?

spadeflush

+1 If michael can overcome his qualifying troubles, theres a high chance that he will outscore nico. He definitely had a better race pace last year and hopefully the new tyres will suit him well. I dont think he will retire at the end of this year. I hope he doesnt.

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

spadeflush wrote:+1 If michael can overcome his qualifying troubles, theres a high chance that he will outscore nico. He definitely had a better race pace last year and hopefully the new tyres will suit him well. I dont think he will retire at the end of this year. I hope he doesnt.
His problem was he wasn't able to "switch on" the tyres in quali as Nico did..

marcush.
marcush.

Schumacher never was the ultimate qualifier .

I believe MGP really has found something important for their understanding of what´s needed to make the car quick.Hopefully the solution implemented -call it mercurylevel or whatever will make the car behave according to their finding +not compromise other performance factors ...and we got them heading towards the front.
I´m a bit less worried than last year.

Raptor22
Raptor22

xpensive wrote:Believe this or not, but I promise to pay JET a roundtrip to the Austin GP, in case AMG wins a race before midsommer.

And I will be a happy man to do it.

That would be very good and xpensive of you. :lol:

I too have a better feeling about Mercedes this year. Mike looks a lot more relaxed about the car so their trick interlinked fluid amplified suspension is clearly working well this year.
Thinking back and listening to Mike's narration of some of the handling traits the car had last year perhaps it was the fluid amplifier tha was not quited dialled in.

No doubt they had seriosu tyre useage issues as well but they seem in top of that if Mikes smile is anything to go by

Mr.S
Mr.S

marcush. wrote:Schumacher never was the ultimate qualifier .

I believe MGP really has found something important for their understanding of what´s needed to make the car quick.Hopefully the solution implemented -call it mercurylevel or whatever will make the car behave according to their finding +not compromise other performance factors ...and we got them heading towards the front.
I´m a bit less worried than last year.
Ofcourse he was not.

But he was never half a tenth or 6-7 tenths slower. That is for sure.

Mr.S
Mr.S

The other issue is that I dont think Qualifying have a huge effect on standing. Does not Lewis have a 15-4 or a 14-5 record to Jenson but Jenson easily out-scored him.

I think the issue is the deficit. In some cases,MSC's Q3-Q2 performance was pretty horrible. IN Q1 with the hard tyres it was not that big a problem. The gap is what matters. If he is 0.5-0.6s down on Nico or even 0.3-0.4s then with the way how close the grid is then there is likely to be 4-5 cars sanwitched in between Michael & NICO.

That is a huge problem. This year W02 was an average car & Michael had 4-5 slower cars ahead of him which he had to overtake & loose valuable time compared to Nico.

spadeflush

perfectly put Mr S. If the W03 is a front runner then Michael has a good chance to outscore Nico.

PlatinumZealot

spadeflush wrote:+1 If michael can overcome his qualifying troubles, theres a high chance that he will outscore nico. He definitely had a better race pace last year and hopefully the new tyres will suit him well. I dont think he will retire at the end of this year. I hope he doesnt.
that's what the media say... but Nico has the better race pace IMO - he's just unlucky in some instances. I hope if Merc wins this year it's with NicO.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Peetbeat
Peetbeat

When will there be a teaser? What do you think? I'm really looking forward to it!

I hope that the W03 will be a real Silver Arrow :) it's hard to wait til 21 =(