Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
pocketmoon

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

n smikle wrote:... but Nico has the better race pace IMO - he's just unlucky in some instances. I hope if Merc wins this year it's with NicO.
Schumi was more reckless and with 3 more DNF's than Nico he was only 13 points adrift at the end.

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Peetbeat wrote:When will there be a teaser? What do you think? I'm really looking forward to it!

I hope that the W03 will be a real Silver Arrow :) it's hard to wait til 21 =(
been badgering the Guy on twitter responsible for web content this coming week he said.

pocketmoon

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:
Peetbeat wrote:When will there be a teaser? What do you think? I'm really looking forward to it!

been badgering the Guy on twitter responsible for web content this coming week he said.
I though it was a girl? :)

Ferraripilot

n smikle wrote:
spadeflush wrote:+1 If michael can overcome his qualifying troubles, theres a high chance that he will outscore nico. He definitely had a better race pace last year and hopefully the new tyres will suit him well. I dont think he will retire at the end of this year. I hope he doesnt.
that's what the media say... but Nico has the better race pace IMO - he's just unlucky in some instances. I hope if Merc wins this year it's with NicO.

Just before the halfway point of the season Michael had measurably better race pace. Better quickest laps and average lap times. Check the data. I poured over it. Many of the races Michael had a larger margin over his teammate than any over their respective teammates on the field, but for some reason these phenomenon only occurred when W02s fuel was about 1/3 gone. I think Michael set the car up this way is my only guess, but he was awfully quick compared to Nico when doing this.
Last edited by Ferraripilot on 11 Feb 2012, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

Ferraripilot

xpensive wrote:Believe this or not, but I promise to pay JET a roundtrip to the Austin GP, in case AMG wins a race before midsommer.

And I will be a happy man to do it.

That's fantastic. I will of course be there, but sleeping with the enemy of course as I will be parked at the Ferrari owners club car park and seating section. But you both are of course welcome there as I will probably be the only Merc fan in that section :/ Shoot me a PM when things are booked though :)

To be honest though, I'm not really looking forward to the race in Austin as the US is just not a good venue for F1 and never really has been. I went to almost every race at Indianapolis and they people in the area just didn't 'get it'. Not even close really. I truly hope it works out though. Jersey will be better as it's a much more cultured and international area in general being right in front of NYC

FrukostScones

xpensive wrote:Believe this or not, but I promise to pay JET a roundtrip to the Austin GP, in case AMG wins a race before midsommer.

And I will be a happy man to do it.
that is awesomely crazy man. 7 races of pure thrill for JET.
(if this bet is for real what I expect!)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Mr.S
Mr.S

n smikle wrote:
spadeflush wrote:+1 If michael can overcome his qualifying troubles, theres a high chance that he will outscore nico. He definitely had a better race pace last year and hopefully the new tyres will suit him well. I dont think he will retire at the end of this year. I hope he doesnt.
that's what the media say... but Nico has the better race pace IMO - he's just unlucky in some instances. I hope if Merc wins this year it's with NicO.
Michael has been outqualified like 16 or 17 times out of 19. That is huge. And Nico on average has started like 3-4 places above.

Michael has had more DNF,more technical & KERS-DRS issues than Nico.

No use denying the obvious,Michael's race pace has been far superior to Nico. Especially if you consider after the first 5-6 laps where Michael has had to work his way through a mess of slightly slower cars when Nico had clear track & faster cars ahead.

The stats said it all. You can look at races like Hungary where Michael hit a wet patch & struggled or was that some other race??? But you see Nico starting at 7th & MSC started at 13th & by the half way mark they are like 7th & 8th with MSC breating down Nico's neck.

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

pocketmoon wrote:
MercAMGF1Fans wrote:

I though it was a girl? :)
Nope. Nicola Armstrong is the "Main" PR person

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Right, dunno if i should do this, but what the heck..
new facebook fan page for "us" http://www.facebook.com/MercAMGF1fans
please like.. feel free to input

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Hopefully we'll see a little more of this.. this year!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ozXlfTZ-e8[/youtube]

scuderiafan

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:Hopefully we'll see a little more of this.. this year!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ozXlfTZ-e8[/youtube]
Just Monza? :lol:
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Schumacher is another year older in a mid pack car. He is just a part of history now.

Brian

Mr.S
Mr.S

That's ridiculous & absurd. How can you brand the car as a mid-field when it has not even debuted???

Mercedes are the 4th placed team out of 12 teams. Force India,Sauber,Torro Rosso,these are the guys in the mid-card.

You see a Mercedes car quite often beating Massa's Ferrari. So that makes Ferrari also a mid-placed team. Mercedes are somewhere near the border or cusp of breaking into as a top team. They are past the mid-field & not a TOP TEAM yet.

2012 could be a break-through yet or another dissapointment.

Anyways Mercedes will be MUCH & i mean MUCH bigger than what Mclaren or RBR will be after 4-5 year. IF Newey jumps ship to another team its over for RBR. Mclaren will have to go to Cosworth,if Mercedes refuse to supply engines.

Wether you like it or not,Mercedes is an AUTOMOBILE giant with their own technicians,KERS & Engine which are all TOP quality & they will always have an advantage over non-factory teams.

siskue2005

hardingfv32 wrote:Schumacher is another year older in a mid pack car. He is just a part of history now.

Brian
Thank you for your valuable contribution
Now can we stop this bashing and hatred please and back to topic....before this thread turns into something like we see in autospot forums

PlatinumZealot

Mr.S wrote:
n smikle wrote:
Michael has been outqualified like 16 or 17 times out of 19. That is huge. And Nico on average has started like 3-4 places above.

Michael has had more DNF,more technical & KERS-DRS issues than Nico.

No use denying the obvious,Michael's race pace has been far superior to Nico. Especially if you consider after the first 5-6 laps where Michael has had to work his way through a mess of slightly slower cars when Nico had clear track & faster cars ahead.

The stats said it all. You can look at races like Hungary where Michael hit a wet patch & struggled or was that some other race??? But you see Nico starting at 7th & MSC started at 13th & by the half way mark they are like 7th & 8th with MSC breating down Nico's neck.
I watch the races - Everytime Michael gets in front it's because Nico's team screw him up or some other unlucky thing happens, like dud tyres or somebody ramming him off the track. Michael just has more craft but he sure aint faster than Nico! lol

The reason michael can get so close to Nico is because Merc had no direct competitors until later in the year. A huge gap behind the front runners then another huge gap to the midfielders. The cars will always gravitate towards 7th and 8th.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028