Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
sterumbelow
sterumbelow

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

Do you reckon I can just rock up at Rockingham and watch? I'm 5-10 minutes away (although I'll be cycling).
@realsterumbelow

pocketmoon

sterumbelow wrote:Do you reckon I can just rock up at Rockingham and watch? I'm 5-10 minutes away (although I'll be cycling).
They cant stop you climbing a tree to have a peak :)

sterumbelow
sterumbelow

pocketmoon wrote:
sterumbelow wrote:Do you reckon I can just rock up at Rockingham and watch? I'm 5-10 minutes away (although I'll be cycling).
True, although I'm not sure there's anywhere to peek over at Rockingham since it's banking/fencing or huge grandstands.
@realsterumbelow

allstaruk08
allstaruk08

just google earthed my way around the track theres no way you'll be able to see anything unless you jump the fence or go next to the main grandstand which im sure there will be security there lol

sterumbelow
sterumbelow

allstaruk08 wrote:just google earthed my way around the track theres no way you'll be able to see anything unless you jump the fence or go next to the main grandstand which im sure there will be security there lol
I have too, and I've driven that road many times as well.

The metal fence there is easily scaleable and you'll be able to see straight over the panel fence with ease. If they don't let me in that'll be the next best option. You will see action from there too. Well, you'll see the car going round.
@realsterumbelow

pocketmoon

sterumbelow wrote:
pocketmoon wrote:
True, although I'm not sure there's anywhere to peek over at Rockingham since it's banking/fencing or huge grandstands.

Ah,sounds the perfect place for a secret shake down :)

Someone somewhere is bound to leak a shot. Maybe with a quadracopter or modelplane :twisted:

Ferraripilot

Infiltration is not exactly my specialty, but I imagine a person dressed as a bush (yes, a bush) would do well. In San Francisco, there are a couple 'bush people' who scare the living daylights out of people by the pier area for fun (people are odd creatures). They are very nearly undectable.....

Mr.S
Mr.S

Maybe I am the only one who did not really like the way W02 looked. Car looked like a dud. Way too fat Sidepods. Even though have got Kers outta the sidepods,I still think they will elonagate the wheelbase slightly for better COG bearing in mind the nose will also be pretty high.

The SIDEPODS must be better,sleeker,better sculped with a bigger undercut & not so fat. That is the main point. The rear of the car,it will be a huge difference maker,I hope its not another dud like last year. Also with with the F-duct stuff in the nose I think most of the weight will be shifted backwards. Expect a "SLIGHTLY" longer car if you want sleeker sidepods.

Nose????Not sure about it??? Steeped Nose ?? Low nose?? I expect Mercedes to stick to the High Nose concept from last year. And I hope to see a great NEW Front Wing because that was a HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT last year. Same wings for so many YEARS.

marcush.
marcush.

why would you put effort in something that is not your weak point in your book? Ideas are around just look at other cars.MGPhad other problems high on the listfront wing is low priority to them.

Mr.S
Mr.S

The Front Wing is crucial. The whole nose & Front Wing dictates the whole philosophy of the car. It is a big THING. Besides with the rumours of F-duct frong wing & if flexing is banned by even more stringent tests every bit front end downforce would be crucial.

When Brawn won the WDC & WCC,their Front Wing was the best of the field & everybody had to copy it. Last time in Barcelona Mercedes really struggled with an unbalanced car with that front wing

MIKEY_!

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

I vote yes but I really hope they don't have a stepped nose, to many of them are ugly and I want some variety.

Very keen for the 21st.

NewtonMeter
NewtonMeter

Mr.S wrote:Last time in Barcelona Mercedes really struggled with an unbalanced car with that front wing
They did?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

@JET

any new news?

Hail22

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 13015.html

No teaser photos, no big live release.

However its definite day 1 testing at Barcelona the W03 will be released!
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

aral
aral

Hail22 wrote:http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 13015.html

No teaser photos, no big live release.

However its definite day 1 testing at Barcelona the W03 will be released!
I can't wait! 132 pages of speculation will be wiped out in one go, but only for a new thread to open, starting a whole host of new theories.