Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Hail22

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

I want to see Ferrari Vs Mercedes like the old times...bring it back! bring back the heritage!
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Ozan
Ozan

I think w03 will be an evolution from w02, like Redbull's car. don't expect a totally different car like f2012 of ferrari. wheelbase will be slightly longer than w02 but not much longer because there is no EBD this year. I expect undercut sidepods but not doublefloor like str7. also front wing should be updated this year because it's too old. also stepped nose like redbull or force india will be waiting for us I think.

Schurcedes
Schurcedes

It would be a waste of the first morning at least getting in the system checks and installation runs if there isn't a shakedown. Looking forward to some spy shots of the car from Rockingham...

Mr.G

Hail22 wrote:I want to see Ferrari Vs Mercedes like the old times...bring it back! bring back the heritage!
+1, Alonso vs. Schumacher, and on the nexh positions two young masters Vettel vs. Hamilton - dream season :D
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Hail22 wrote:http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 13015.html

No teaser photos, no big live release.

However its definite day 1 testing at Barcelona the W03 will be released!
Where does it say no teaser photos?

I expect something today.
More could have been done.
David Purley

yace

hey guys, i made a last W03 on photoshop, this one is more aggressive, and it's close to the ferrari because of the old ferrari mechanics that came to mercedes

animated gif:

ImageImageImage

Hail22

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
Hail22 wrote:http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 13015.html

No teaser photos, no big live release.

However its definite day 1 testing at Barcelona the W03 will be released!

Common sense, Mercedes are the kings of keeping secrets, remember the old silver arrows they were similar to the Ferrari it will come out a few hours before testing nice and cool in the morning and have a shakedown run before all the ladies arrive (RBR ladies club).

I think this year may prove to be a change of the guard and return to the silver arrows era.

If Formula 1 wants to be exciting Red Bull and the other non car manufacturer companies need to take a back seat while the prestige rules once more (Mclaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Lotus, Williams...even though they are struggling).
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

yace

the official teasing photo:

i think it has the ugliest bump! :(
ImageImageImage

bhall
bhall

I know it's only due the way in which the car is obscured, but it looks like Mercedes are going to be fielding an SUV this year.

NewtonMeter
NewtonMeter

yace wrote:the official teasing photo:

snip

i think it has the ugliest bump! :(
Where did you get that?!
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

Hail22

I have a feeling its not going to be stepped however they may be making it look like a stepped nose.

Weird that tip of the nose looks exactly like one of the noses used in 2007....was it the F2007 but with a more narrow profile?

Gilles Villeneuve

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

bhallg2k wrote:I know it's only due the way in which the car is obscured, but it looks like Mercedes are going to be fielding an SUV this year.
From this photo the rear looks pretty slim but it seems like there is no room for a 'radical' exhaust position

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Hail22 wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:]

Common sense, Mercedes are the kings of keeping secrets, remember the old silver arrows they were similar to the Ferrari it will come out a few hours before testing nice and cool in the morning and have a shakedown run before all the ladies arrive (RBR ladies club).
You were saying :wink:
David Purley

Hail22

Well for once i'm very happy to be proven wrong! xD

Gilles Villeneuve

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Low nose IMO
David Purley