Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Ferrari F2012

Owen.C93 wrote:Looks the same to me, the inner strakes arne't visible.
Hard to say definitively about the strakes but the sides/edges are completely different. One 90's down and has a ledge, the new one drops straight off.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

bhall
bhall

Looks the same to me, too, save for the inner strakes, which wouldn't be visible from that angle. The edges of the diffuser look the same as well.

I'm thinking there are some folks out there who might want to consider making a few adjustments to their monitor settings.

Just throwin' that out there. ;)

Forza Ferrari
Forza Ferrari

Hi guys ! As you can see, this is my very first post, please be sympathetic, english is not my mother language ^^

Look what I found on FERRARI.com : a very intersting vid' explaining a lot about aero measurements during testing. Might maybe not interest confirmed users here, but for people like me, it's useful to have an inside look !

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1 ... s-n-3.aspx

also, what we learn from this vid is that FERRARI sent a team for a straight line aero testing probably between jerez and bcn, with rigon driving the car.

That's why maybe the team is not yet concerned with the lack of mileage compared to others cause they already have a fair amount of data.

What do you think?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

bhallg2k wrote:Looks the same to me, too, save for the inner strakes, which wouldn't be visible from that angle. The edges of the diffuser look the same as well.

I'm thinking there are some folks out there who might want to consider making a few adjustments to their monitor settings.

Just throwin' that out there. ;)
With all due respect if you're going to tell me the circled part on the first diffuser from Jerez is the same as the second picture in Barcelona, I thinnk it's your monitor that needs adjusting. :p

Jerez

Barcelona

Anyone else feel free to chime in here

bhall
bhall

FORZA FERRARI wrote:also, what we learn from this vid is that FERRARI sent a team for a straight line aero testing probably between jerez and bcn, with rigon driving the car.
Admittedly, I'm no expert. But, that can't be good news. Don't most teams usually resort to straight line tests mid-season to try to remedy a definitive problem?

bhall
bhall

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:With all due respect if you're going to tell me the circled part on the first diffuser from Jerez is the same as the second picture in Barcelona, I thinnk it's your monitor that needs adjusting.

Anyone else feel free to chime in here
I'm assuming those are just larger versions of the pictures you've referenced. (They were taking far too long to load, so I didn't look past the tops of the images.)

In any case, I don't have the software to do it, but somehow lighten up the second picture, the close-up taken from a diagonal perspective, and you'll see they're the same.

jordangp

The curved gurney is exactly the same. I don't understand what you see different

bhall
bhall

He doesn't see the horizontal part directly next to the wheel. It's in both pictures.

CLUE: If there's no horizontal part in that pic, where is the reflection coming from?
Last edited by bhall on 21 Feb 2012, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

jordangp wrote:The curved gurney is exactly the same. I don't understand what you see different
I'm not talking about the gurney, that's obviously the same. I'm talking about the edge. Here is a picture taken from almost the same perspective.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5560/f2012dftest.jpg

bhall
bhall

How are you missing that, man? :lol: :lol:

Mr.G

It looks like the duckt in the rear crash structure in BCN is sealed.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

bhall
bhall

[Picture removed]

It's not a pretty arrow, but it does its job.

EDIT: I understand. It's damn difficult to distrust what your eyes seem to tell you.
Last edited by bhall on 21 Feb 2012, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

Forza Ferrari
Forza Ferrari

bhallg2k wrote:[img]http://thumbnails66.imagebam.com/17604/ ... 96.jpg[img]

It's not a pretty arrow, but it does its job.

EDIT: I understand. It's damn difficult to distrust what your eyes seem to tell you.

this pic is from jerez, right?
Last edited by Richard on 21 Feb 2012, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quoted image from post above

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Ok the only difference I can see is the top of the strakes near the center are now rounded off slightly where they join the diffuser. I don't agree on any other changes noted.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)