Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
timbo
timbo

Re: Ferrari F2012

I wonder whether they will make a tighter sidepod exits since the adopted more inboard exhaust position.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Looks like a new beam wing too!

New

old

Hail22

That exhaust housing looks worse for wear...look at all the different cuts etc >.<
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

kris
kris

What is the black thing which seems to connect the beam wing and the engine cover?

Richard
Richard

The exhausts have moved inwards to the RB configuration. Although the hacked bodywork remains for the old position.

Rikhart
Rikhart

I´m guessing its a question of time until those exhaust pods vanish from the car.

Mr.G

Ferrari make large modifications on F2012, this is why F. Mass isn't on the track.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Cuky

kris wrote:What is the black thing which seems to connect the beam wing and the engine cover?
Just that what you said. It connects beam wing to the car. That is the way rear wing itself is attached on to the car

kris
kris

Cuky wrote:
kris wrote:What is the black thing which seems to connect the beam wing and the engine cover?
Just that what you said. It connects beam wing to the car. That is the way rear wing itself is attached on to the car
I think there used to be cooling outlets on the engine cover which seemed to blow on to the beam wing, they seem to be closed now added a connection between the new beam wing and the engine cover.

EDIT: Ah that might the F150 I was looking at #-o
Last edited by kris on 01 Mar 2012, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

kris
kris

Is the beam wing really new.. The picture on page 76 also seems to have the same beam wing. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

f1316
f1316

Bird's eye shot:

http://img4.auto-motor-und-sport.de/For ... 574191.jpg

You'd think they'd want to bring the sidepods in to follow the route the exhaust now takes; although, in saying that, if they've still got this convoluted chamber in there, perhaps the extra space is useful.

Crabbia
Crabbia

looking at the pic in the link in the above quote the only difference in the floor i can see is that the floor is opaque instead of glossy as it was before, but it might just be the camera angle (straght down shot) or the lighting.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Crabbia
Crabbia

Rikhart wrote:I´m guessing its a question of time until those exhaust pods vanish from the car.
i was thinking that too. i dont think the outer sidepod outlets can be in that position if they do not have an exhaust coming out of it.

but then again it may be further back in the car to get around the regs for holes in the bodywork.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Redragon

[img]http://jorgelizalde.co.uk/ferrrari ... .jpg[/img]

I am not an expert but few things I am observing on this picture.

1. I have pointed out what it looks a way out from radiators where it used to be the exhauts (first arrow on left)

2. Also on the right you can see some canalizing trays on the surface to help to direct this air (second arrow on right)

3. The third arrow on the bottom it is pointing this grey metal object that I believe is to meter something but if you observe the floor it has a voluptous shape and it looks there is something hapenning under this silver thing like a canalizing hole

But maybe I just seeing mad things, what you think?

Hail22

First two is something new or something i havent see, the third one that triangle has been there since day 3 testing last week.

Interesting to see lines in the floor...possibly the new KERS battery cell electrical lining?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve