Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Redragon

Re: Ferrari F2012

Hail22 wrote:First two is something new or something i havent see, the third one that triangle has been there since day 3 testing last week.

Interesting to see lines in the floor...possibly the new KERS battery cell electrical lining?
But I don't mean the triangle, maybe it is the reflection but if you look carefully it looks there is kind of hole under this silver thing and you can feel kind of pipe or canal that it is coming from further back.

Hail22

Could be an outlet being fed from under the floor...
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Redragon

Redragon wrote:
Hail22 wrote:First two is something new or something i havent see, the third one that triangle has been there since day 3 testing last week.

Interesting to see lines in the floor...possibly the new KERS battery cell electrical lining?
But I don't mean the triangle, maybe it is the reflection but if you look carefully it looks there is kind of hole under this silver thing and you can feel kind of pipe or canal that it is coming from further back.
Better drawing of what i mean

[img]http://jorgelizalde.co.uk/ferrrari ... .jpg[/img]

original

[img]http://jorgelizalde.co.uk/ferrrari ... .jpg[/img]

Hail22

Thats a reflection of the floor....you can tell the carbon fibre curve upwards towards the suspension housing, however that hole you pointed out looks like it is coming from the floor/starter motor hole...could be forcing air from the floor hitting the underside.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Redragon

Hail22 wrote:Thats a reflection of the floor....you can tell the carbon fibre curve upwards towards the exhaust housing, however that hole you pointed out looks like it is coming from the floor.
Well, happy I am not the only one seeing mad things

Redragon

Redragon wrote:
Hail22 wrote:Thats a reflection of the floor....you can tell the carbon fibre curve upwards towards the exhaust housing, however that hole you pointed out looks like it is coming from the floor.
Also they cover the hole under the security or rain light

Hail22

Redragon wrote:
Redragon wrote:
Also they cover the hole under the security or rain light
Rear crash structure/warning light (for rain, rookie drivers or while in hazardous conditions).

Gilles Villeneuve

Redragon

I mean the hole just underneath of this light, on the last test was clear open but now it is close

[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imag ... png/[/img]

Hail22

Redragon wrote:I mean the hole just underneath of this light, on the last test was clear open but now it is close

[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imag ... png/[/img]
Its a slit in the diffuser, its still there today as well as the other top teams (Save/Except Mercedes).

Gilles Villeneuve

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Flo-vis on floor & diffuser
right click>view image

Jack Malone

I can´t belive Ferrari is still using that ugly adapted exhaust layout... Won´t they use a properly and fully redesigned one?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Jack Malone wrote:I can´t belive Ferrari is still using that ugly adapted exhaust layout... Won´t they use a properly and fully redesigned one?
I believe that depends on which direction they wish to blow. If they keep it like it is today, I would say yes they'll lose the Acer duct. If they don't, I expect them to keep it. Heck they might keep it anyway, lol.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

New floor/diffuser

Right click>view image

New

Old

Nickel
Nickel

The vortex generators above the diffuser but below the gurney are very interesting.