Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
KubicaFAN
KubicaFAN

Re: Ferrari F2012

Ferrari_Tifosi88 wrote:
elFranZ wrote:
Nico wrote:not the prettiest execution of this solution.... the Ferrari design crew seems totally lost.... they spent 8 monyhs designing the orriginal concept and now they are hanging their hats on a rush job, this whole team is pathetic... Alonso talks crap all the time, Massa does nothing, Dominicalli is way out of touch with reality, and Montezemolo is a senile old fool.
Yeah, what about growing up now?

They are not hanging their hats on anything....they are trying to fix the problems with the design. It is not easy to find 10ths from an origional approach which ties in chasis suspension etc. It takes months to find something with "substantial gain" on a car which has already been designed in-tune with the rest of the car without making drastic changes.

Ferrari will always be Ferrari.....don't blame the team....applaud the challengers
=D> Amen =D>

stucliff
stucliff

hardingfv32 wrote:IF the team had real confidence in this new exhaust layout, what is the logic of introducing it on the third day of the test? Would you not want more time to work through some of the possible nuances of this layout?

I am suspect that this is actually a major change in the aero related exhaust flow.

Brian
According to what Marc Gene said on Spanish broadcastings the main problem with the F2012 was that the engineers didn't understand the car. They where lost, somehow on what went wrong or not. He even said that they didn't realize what went so well in Malaysia allowing Alonso to make a decent race.

Maybe they need to fully understand the "wrong" version of the exhaust setup in the first place.

It seems that they are testing again some of the RW version that they got in Jerez early this year... I think that Ferrari may have started to solve the drag and slow curve problems, and now they are testing all the solutions over again, just to make sure that they're not missing something.

I wont fly on a plane designed by Tombazis if I had the chance...
Last edited by stucliff on 03 May 2012, 18:49, edited 2 times in total.

fritticaldi

Despite Alonso's off, the team did well to get more track time and get more data with the new parts. It seems like Ferrari are progressing as the lap times are encouraging.

xpensive
xpensive

amouzouris wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote: ...
Nothing whatsoever. X has a problem with the front pull rod. Nothing to be concerned about. :p
X's problem is that it just 'doesn't look right'!! :P
What can I say, it doesn't, if that contraption ever hits the Circuit of he Americas, I'll eat a...errr...ah...baclava!

But seriously, just as mun xplained, two years from now every car on the grid will probably sport a pull-rod suspension.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Vanja #66

xpensive wrote:
amouzouris wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote: ...
Nothing whatsoever. X has a problem with the front pull rod. Nothing to be concerned about. :p
X's problem is that it just 'doesn't look right'!! :P
What can I say, it doesn't, if that contraption ever hits the Circuit of he Americas, I'll eat a...errr...ah...baclava!

But seriously, just as mun xplained, two years from now every car on the grid will probably sport a pull-rod suspension.
Well then, you ain't making yourself a real problem... ;)

Done offing...

Is anyone saying anything about new nose, possible layout of it, is it going to have a hump, or they're going to flatten it? Is there even going to be new nose come Barcelona?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

alogoc
alogoc

let the front suspension go for once!

whats the word whit Bhallag2k theory thats the question?
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Vanja #66

alogoc wrote:let the front suspension go for once!

whats the word whit Bhallag2k theory thats the question?
Judging by what he and others wrote about it after... the word(s) is not that great... I'm not really that sad about it, this solution is stable, sorted-out, looks like it works with new RW better than with the old one, and seems easy enough to change it to something that looks more like what we saw in tuesday...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Artur Craft

can somebody, please, make a summary of all updates Ferrari tested in these 3 days?

New sidepod and exhaust? new fw/rw?

amouzouris

amouzouris wrote:ok so...in the mugello test we have seen:
2 new exhaust configurations tested
new rear wing
new beam wing
new engine cover
new turning vanes
new floor

and more upgrades are expected for Spain...
this were the upgrades...and add to that rear brake ducts...it was discussed a few pages back

miket
miket

Some interesting quotes from Alonso.
From what he is saying, the updates here was small, and the big step is to come in Barcelona.
Interesting take on the exhaust as well.
Another thing, that can be read into his words, is that there is nothing wrong with their wind tunnel :-)
“I cannot say if today at Mugello we can claim to have made up some ground, but in Barcelona, we will have more important updates and we hope that there, we can begin to close down the gap that separates us from the teams currently at the top,” added Alonso. “We have decided to favour development time in the wind tunnel rather than bringing forward all the new components to this test. Sure, it would be nice to be able to test all the updates on track first, but it is also nice that we can count on all the possible development potential for every single part."
http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1 ... ident.aspx

Ferrari_Tifosi88
Ferrari_Tifosi88

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Mugello Update Comparison

Top shot of new brake duct fins

xpensive
xpensive

That is an elegant xhaust, but what's with those green stripes on the suspensionarms, temperature detectors?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

windwaves
windwaves

miket wrote:Some interesting quotes from Alonso.
Another thing, that can be read into his words, is that there is nothing wrong with their wind tunnel :-)
no, he really says NOW there does not seem to be any problems with their wind tunnel.

marcush.
marcush.

those are actually blue strips ,taped over with heat resistive electronics tape(polymide),presumably they do this to get rid of the hot air influencing the temperature reading ..(you want component temp ,don´t you?) I don´t understand why they don´t use temperature probes ..the stripes are accurate but you have no idea how long and when the temps are present...just local high readings...

http://temperature-indicators.co.uk/aca ... el_TDS.pdf
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebse ... xXCOrrrrQ-

the reaction time is 4 seconds !so you might not see true peaks?filtering can be dangerous...
Last edited by marcush. on 03 May 2012, 22:39, edited 4 times in total.