Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
amouzouris

Re: Ferrari F2012

i still think there is a slightly different angle

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Today

Brake Ducts

Bargeboard/TV updated

Exhaust

Cameras
Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme on 23 Jun 2012, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

amouzouris

Alonso was complaining on team radio about the photographers...is there anything on the car they want to hide?

edit: also they didn't do any qualifying runs...

marcush.
marcush.

the clean brakeduct with the elastomer transition to the wishbones is just plain beautyful and amazing ...the detail is mindblowing. =D> =D> =D> =D>

aral
aral

amouzouris wrote:
Not surprising, qualifying is not for a couple of hours yet!

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

I noticed yesterday Brian mentioned the vortex generator updates on the bargeboards. Here's the difference

Introduced in China-used thru Monaco

Updated for Valencia

amouzouris

gilgen wrote:
amouzouris wrote:
Not surprising, qualifying is not for a couple of hours yet!
u know what i mean...i meant qualy simulations...

Teechnical

^Maybe they should've, they didn't get into Q3. But i suppose it was only a mere 0.218 gap. Still. :/
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

amouzouris

good thing is they focused extensively on race setup..... time difference is very small....so we'll see tomorrow..

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

It looks like our car is not very good on extremely hot track temps. But we seemed good on long runs hope the race will be better.

Vanja #66

Is it just me, or does someone else also think that F2012 isn't at its prime in somewhat hotter temperatures? Remember Barcelona, Bahrain, Canada near the end... Also in Monte Carlo, in the beginning, Alonso couldn't pull off from Massa, but when temperatures dropped, he was in a "Cya!" regime... Or is it just coincidence?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

Vanja #66 wrote:Is it just me, or does someone else also think that F2012 isn't at its prime in somewhat hotter temperatures? Remember Barcelona, Bahrain, Canada near the end... Also in Monte Carlo, in the beginning, Alonso couldn't pull off from Massa, but when temperatures dropped, he was in a "Cya!" regime... Or is it just coincidence?
It is certain that F2012 doesnt like hot temps a lot. How many very hot races like this are left on the calender? Maybe Singapore? Because we want normal temps to be successful

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Vanja #66 wrote:Is it just me, or does someone else also think that F2012 isn't at its prime in somewhat hotter temperatures? Remember Barcelona, Bahrain, Canada near the end... Also in Monte Carlo, in the beginning, Alonso couldn't pull off from Massa, but when temperatures dropped, he was in a "Cya!" regime... Or is it just coincidence?
Ii think the F2012 doesn't go so well in hotter temps, but I disagree with what you said about Monaco. I think Fernando was purposely stayed back of Lewis to save the tyres. Just my opinion though. They need to work on this problem. Can't always predict the weather.

amouzouris

what i am quite optimistic about is that lotus also focused on race pace a lot in Bahrain...and 11th starting Raikkonen almost won it...

Vanja #66

TheGkbrk wrote:It is certain that F2012 doesnt like hot temps a lot. How many very hot races like this are left on the calender? Maybe Singapore? Because we want normal temps to be successful
Well, it's summer in Europe right now, and it will stay that way till September... Practically, all of European races could be hot ones. Silverstone is less likely to be hot, but other then GBR, it's anyone's guess...

I'm not so sure about hot temperatures, other than Bahrain, all of strange moments in those races for Alonso could just as easily be prescribed to tire saving. Q2 lap today also - I really didn't see him pushing it. That's where my doubts lie, and I can't make sense out of it...
Crucial_Xtreme wrote: I think the F2012 doesn't go so well in hotter temps, but I disagree with what you said about Monaco. I think Fernando was purposely stayed back of Lewis to save the tyres. Just my opinion though. They need to work on this problem. Can't always predict the weather.
That's what boggles me, as you can see up here...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie