London GP?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bhall
bhall

Re: London GP?

I'm not trying to take credit or anything. I just don't want to be seen as agreeing with Joe Saward; he agrees with me. (Of course, it's not rational. But, I'm OK with that.)

The night thing, I think, just adds to the ridiculousness of the whole affair. Why talk up a venue for its iconic scenery and then host the race in the dark?

thearmofbarlow
thearmofbarlow

bhallg2k wrote:I'm not trying to take credit or anything. I just don't want to be seen as agreeing with Joe Saward; he agrees with me. (Of course, it's not rational. But, I'm OK with that.)

The night thing, I think, just adds to the ridiculousness of the whole affair. Why talk up a venue for its iconic scenery and then host the race in the dark?
There's this thing that was invented many years ago (back in the never-never) called "electricity". In some locations it's still rumored to exist.

Night race would be brilliant. London. Prime time in Europe. Make it so.

bhall
bhall

Yeah. Then we can see just as little of London as we do of Singapore. Brilliant!

thearmofbarlow
thearmofbarlow

bhallg2k wrote:Yeah. Then we can see just as little of London as we do of Singapore. Brilliant!
Singapore's lighting is piss-poor and besides there isn't much trackside that's interesting to look at. Point fewer lights at the cameras (more spot, less ambient) and crank up some kilowatts on the scenery.

andartop
andartop

Maybe it makes sense to host a night race to hide all the grey clouds? London looks great when it's sunny but this doesn't happen too often!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Websta

just make it a twilight race

Speedster
Speedster

To be honest I'm not looking forward to another street circuit. What's wrong with purpose-built race circuits?

munudeges
munudeges

This is pure fantasy. Bernie seems to live there quite a lot these days.

andartop
andartop

Pure fantasy would be restoring the old Hockenheimring. This is manipulation of the media and public opinion.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

bhall
bhall

Red Schneider
Red Schneider

This is slightly beside the point, but I think it's been established that hosting the Olympics - like footing a large part of the bill for an NFL team - is more about ego than financial sense.

That quote from Ecclestone almost sounds like groveling.

bruceafc
bruceafc

chepoi wrote:London GP in 3D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx7neIAV ... el&list=UL[/youtube]

Lol did anyone see the yachts parked up next to the circuit in that video, if this circus track does go ahead were more likely to see these guys

for those of you who dont know, there called rosey and jim and they live on a Canal boat, the kinda thing at Bernie's age should be living on, scrap that i ment retirement home.
Last edited by bruceafc on 29 Jun 2012, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.

bruceafc
bruceafc

Sorry i double posted.

But as said before i think bernie is destroying f1 credability, whats wrong with purpose built circuits

thearmofbarlow
thearmofbarlow

andartop wrote:Pure fantasy would be restoring the old Hockenheimring. This is manipulation of the media and public opinion.
The word you're looking for is "marketing".

bruceafc wrote:Sorry i double posted.

But as said before i think bernie is destroying f1 credability, whats wrong with purpose built circuits
I see that term tossed around a lot "destroy the credibility". In what way, please be precise, is the credibility of the motorsport of Formula One racing destroyed by an attempt to put on a race in the middle of the largest city in the heart of F1 country?

kiev the great
kiev the great

Ignoring the fact that it's just smoke and mirrors. Anyone who thinks it's safe to race THROUGH admiralty arch in any circumstances is nuts. What if Maldonaldo and Hamilton go into that side by side!?!?!