Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
aleks_ader

Re: Ferrari F2012

Mr.G wrote:Regarding to the Valencia Renault engine issue. I was wondering if is there any rule, which denied the use of KERS batteries as the power source for the car?

I know there is the rule which limited the power which can KERS add to the engine but if they did slightly bigger battery they should use this as the power source for the car and get rid-off the alternator.
Sadly that option is with curent rules imposible or illegal (btw. in other series is that aldready commom practice)... So 2009 when Fia firstly represent addition option of use KERS system the most to declarete this system as self stand unit... With other words that desision make sense in 2009, when was just transition or even test period for this expensive FIA experiment...

Now in 2012 are rules in that area still intact.. So it a huge shame beacuse otherwise the whole eficient use of all KERS will be little increase and just little justify very expensive KERS maitaining (after every race vikend are baterys unuseless and the teams simply throw away)....

ps. sorry for little of topic...
Last edited by aleks_ader on 03 Jul 2012, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

bhall
bhall

KERS and the engine's native electrical system are required to be separate.

Mr.G

Well thanks for the answers, I was worry about it, because it will be much more efficient for the car, so they probably did it if they can.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

bhall
bhall

It's just a relic regulation from the time when any additional means of propulsion beyond the engine had to be specifically prohibited.

alogoc
alogoc

Autosprint says new front wing in Silverstone should be a big help,also RB-like tunnel floor expected soon!

Can the Ferrari engine work the NEW off-throttle RB-like?
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Huntresa
Huntresa

alogoc wrote:Autosprint says new front wing in Silverstone should be a big help,also RB-like tunnel floor expected soon!

If they go with RB like tunnel they would need to switch exhaust AGAIN lol

F1.Ru

alogoc wrote:Autosprint says new front wing in Silverstone should be a big help,also RB-like tunnel floor expected soon!
In Autosprint news there is little evidence/claim about new RBR8 like floor, however if it perform like what it is been said i.e. giving a 0.5 sec advantage then it will not be long before every teams will try something like this. but i thing in general Macca, Ferrari or any other teams which is featuring a similar exhaust solution will not be benefited much more caz this floor primarily helps in crossover of air, which is blocked by the exhaust solution of RBR8. So to have the full effect of the floor solution Ferrari should have a la Sauber/RBR like exhaust and then a presumably "Double Deck Diffuser" styled floor. 8)
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

alogoc
alogoc

F1.Ru wrote:
In Autosprint news there is little evidence/claim about new RBR8 like floor, however if it perform like what it is been said i.e. giving a 0.5 sec advantage then it will not be long before every teams will try something like this. but i thing in general Macca, Ferrari or any other teams which is featuring a similar exhaust solution will not be benefited much more caz this floor primarily helps in crossover of air, which is blocked by the exhaust solution of RBR8. So to have the full effect of the floor solution Ferrari should have a la Sauber/RBR like exhaust and then a presumably "Double Deck Diffuser" styled floor. 8)

front wing
http://i50.tinypic.com/qspegh.png

floor
http://i47.tinypic.com/25q9lbt.png
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

PABLOEING
PABLOEING

The new front wing will be 0.2 faster per lap.....the other updates around 0.2 more.....in total 0.4 per second faster than Valencia in Ferrari.

Huntresa
Huntresa

PABLOEING wrote:The new front wing will be 0.2 faster per lap.....the other updates around 0.2 more.....in total 0.4 per second faster than Valencia in Ferrari.
Yeah in a perfect dream world lol they havent even tested the floor and you think it should work yeah right

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Huntresa wrote:
PABLOEING wrote:The new front wing will be 0.2 faster per lap.....the other updates around 0.2 more.....in total 0.4 per second faster than Valencia in Ferrari.
Yeah in a perfect dream world lol they havent even tested the floor and you think it should work yeah right
I'm skeptical about those numbers too, but you have no idea what Ferrari have or haven't done. They completed a straight line test just a few days ago. And they also use two separate wind tunnels, so any new parts they bring to Silverstone have indeed been tested, just not full track testing. And although you can't rely on AutoSprint's improvement numbers, I'm sure the team has an idea of how much gain they can expect from their updates.

N12ck

if ferrari have came with a 0.4 second update, then I will be amazed, because f1 teams make constant small improvements, 4 tenths is a massive improvement, very big for 1 race unless they have added a huge amount of updates in 2 weeks so I am doubtful of those figures
Budding F1 Engineer

Forza

The issue this year is that some cars on certain track layouts with specific asphalt and at certain temperatures can make better/worse use of tyres. In that respect only Ferrari will know how much time new updates will bring and its not only about performance but also you try to get more constancy out of the parts and make aero less sensitive on various factors and setups. Silverstone will favour aerodynamic efficiency of the car.

bhall
bhall

Hail22 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ1CPhi3sn4[/youtube]

On board Comparison lap
Admittedly, appearances can be deceiving. But, based on what we know of the F2012 and the way the car appears to have handled sector three in Valencia, I'm expecting an enjoyable race for the tifosi.

Spankyham

bhallg2k wrote:
Hail22 wrote:
On board Comparison lap
Admittedly, appearances can be deceiving. But, based on what we know of the F2012 and the way the car appears to have handled sector three in Valencia, I'm expecting an enjoyable race for the tifosi.
Great comparison, thanks for posting. Watched a Silverstone on-board lap after. At Valencia they drop down to 2nd 7 times, at Silverstone 3 times. We talk a lot about the the differences in circuits but, watching those on-boards one after the other you really see/feel the difference.

Makes Rob Smedley's words really carry a lot more weight with me.
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari