Lotus E20 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FrukostScones

Re: Lotus E20 Renault

SHOWCAR! only pit lane pics are E20
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Raptor22
Raptor22

Lastonedown wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:I'm not knocking anyone but its apparent that people who are seeing assymetry are really only thinking in a 2D plain.

Theres no assymetry to the front wing, its the angle the picture is taken from.
No just look at it, everything, thats 90° to the ground no matter at which perspective the photo is taken appears parallel.
But if you look at this, they aren´t parallel and the left front edge isnt 90° to the lower edge of the FW.
I hope you understand what i´m about to explain, english isnt my native language and its hard to explain this.

I hope that pictures posted after your post clears this up for you. Utilising techniques incorrectly to arrive at an incorrect conclusion usually leads to believing in things that don't exist.
E.G that chap from Ancient aliens.... I don't know therefore.......aliens.

N12ck

those pictures of the one with the gold rather than cream are pictures of the r31 the one used to pose with the tumblr I believe,
Budding F1 Engineer

techF1LES

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Lotus bring double hump RW

Not E20... looks like showcar ;)

nhojekim
nhojekim

Lastonedown wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:I'm not knocking anyone but its apparent that people who are seeing assymetry are really only thinking in a 2D plain.

No just look at it, everything, thats 90° to the ground no matter at which perspective the photo is taken appears parallel.
But if you look at this, they aren´t parallel and the left front edge isnt 90° to the lower edge of the FW.
I hope you understand what i´m about to explain, english isnt my native language and its hard to explain this.

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/original_lfw1frdi.png[img]
It's just the perspective of the photo that makes it tilted. It still parallel to me.
Last edited by Richard on 05 Jul 2012, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from earlier post

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Mandrake wrote:I still believe it's the angle. The rearward part bends inwards.....so it does look different from this POV
I don't think it's the angle of the strakes they were talking about. I think it's the fact that the one on the right is a different shape than the one on the left.

Matt Somers
Matt Somers

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Mandrake wrote:I still believe it's the angle. The rearward part bends inwards.....so it does look different from this POV
I don't think it's the angle of the strakes they were talking about. I think it's the fact that the one on the right is a different shape than the one on the left.
We were talking about shape, but as Mandrake points out until we have another picture of that element its difficult to ascertain who's right
Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

Matt Somers
Matt Somers

techF1LES wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Lotus bring double hump RW

Not E20... looks like showcar ;)
Indeed, that wings looks familiar ;)

Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Matt Somers wrote:
We were talking about shape, but as Mandrake points out until we have another picture of that element its difficult to ascertain who's right

Lastonedown
Lastonedown

Oh yes, i was wrong. If you look at the fire extinguisher at the right, it stands 90° to the ground but is very skewed.
The picture was taken from a high angle, so everything gets a little bit skew. The photo´s I usually take are not at this high angle, so i saw this with a wrong thought.
Thanks to richard_leeds to explain me my error.

Just learned something new! :wink:

EDIT: The picture from Crucial_Xtreme above this post show´s it better. But i think maybe they have a different shape and maybe a slightly differnt angle, but not as much as i thought.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Lotus FW's

via tgruener

gray41

Show car with nice gold paint!
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

stefan_
stefan_

That isn't asymetrical, the angle is tricking you and if it isn't a straight forward facing picture taken of the FW it is useless to start this asymetric discussion. On top of this, wouldn't an asymetrical FW mess up the whole airflow?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

beelsebob
beelsebob

Lastonedown wrote:

Only if the photo is taken exactly level – that one isn't, it's taken looking downwards.

PlatinumZealot

Here we go with this asymmetrical merry go round again.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028