Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
alogoc
alogoc

Re: Ferrari F2012

Alonso 111 points
Massa 11 points

Anything else needs to be said????
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

zyphro
zyphro

alogoc wrote:Alonso 111 points
Massa 11 points

Points do not tell the whole story.

Mr Alcatraz

zyphro wrote:
Massa 11 points

Part of the rest of the story is using inters to save full wets for the race. This is one of the stupider rules as full wets should not be limited IMHO. It would be very unsafe if someone had to go to inters at the end of the race because all full wets were worn out. Then again Ferrari could have just sat tight in the garage. :?
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

zyphro wrote:
Massa 11 points

In this case they most certainly tell the entire story. The driver with the best chance at winning the WDC should get the newer wing if only one is available. Whether Fernando wrecked his own or not. It's about the team not about a particular driver. The WCC isn't out of reach but is damn near unlikely, the WDC however isn't and that should be taken into consideration.

That said, let Felipe keep the new FW. He needs it. Fernando can do without it and still bring home good points and/or win. But the point is both drivers drive for Ferrari and the point of racing in F1 is to win titles. With 100 points separating both drivers, the one with the best chance of bring home a title should have first dibbs on the newest equipment. Especially considering there is a clear #1 & #2 driver at Ferrari.

alogoc
alogoc

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
zyphro wrote:
Massa 11 points

In this case they most certainly tell the entire story. The driver with the best chance at winning the WDC should get the newer wing if only one is available. Whether Fernando wrecked his own or not. It's about the team not about a particular driver. The WCC isn't out of reach but is damn near unlikely, the WDC however isn't and that should be taken into consideration.

That said, let Felipe keep the new FW. He needs it. Fernando can do without it and still bring home good points and/or win. But the point is both drivers drive for Ferrari and the point of racing in F1 is to win titles. With 100 points separating both drivers, the one with the best chance of bring home a title should have first dibbs on the newest equipment. Especially considering there is a clear #1 & #2 driver at Ferrari.
Word! =D>
THE F2012!

alogoc
alogoc

THE F2012!

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

alogoc wrote:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w5H2mktoDnA/T ... ircuit.jpg

is this the usual rake?
I'm not sure how truly representative that picture is regarding the rake, but after looking at various pictures from many different source, I believe the F2012 is using the most rake it has all season and is at pre-season testing levels.

bhall
bhall

I had the same thing thought after I saw the following picture. However, I'd like to see the car on a dry track, because the increased ride height used in wet conditions could be creating added rake in appearance only.

(Click to enlarge)

Hail22

bhallg2k wrote:I had the same thing thought after I saw the following picture. However, I'd like to see the car on a dry track, because the increased ride height used in wet conditions could be creating added rake in appearance only.

(Click to enlarge)
I spy with my little eye...I See a double floor
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Chuckjr

OMG you're right.

WOW. :shock: :mrgreen:
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 07 Jul 2012, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reply to previous post. no need to quote it all...
Watching F1 since 1986.

Spankyham

Hail22 wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:I had the same thing thought after I saw the following picture. However, I'd like to see the car on a dry track, because the increased ride height used in wet conditions could be creating added rake in appearance only.

(Click to enlarge)
I spy with my little eye...I See a double floor
I think they were there in Valencia, they are not openings

Click the image to see h-res version:
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari

Teechnical

So far we've only seen an updated top element on the front wing, aye?
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

amouzouris

nice view of the new front wing:

Forza

Pitcure of F2012 radiator layout

Hail22

Any photographers about in pit lane? Heard some muppets muttering Ferrari is making changes to the suspension, ride height and possibly using a Monaco FW?!?! what the?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve