Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
joeyg02

Re: Ferrari F2012

alogoc wrote:this IS technical :D

Pirreli marbles plus F2012!

http://www.formula1.com/wi/0x0/sutton/2 ... er1960.jpg

How do you get the images from formula1.com so large? I can only get them maybe 1024x768 after hitting enlarge. My iMac has a 1920 x 1080 size screen and I want to be able to get them that size so I can use a few as wallpaper.
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

Joey Griffin - Owner - JG GraphX.
Lifelong Motorsport Fan from Southern Georgia, United States.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

joeyg02

Maybe i'm just uninformed and I know this has been discussed but I can't find anywhere where someone described why the exhaust has that extra "dead end" like tube coming off the exhaust going up and bending towards the front of the car. What purpose does that serve?
Last edited by Richard on 26 Jul 2012, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from earlier post
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

Richard
Richard

joeyg02 wrote: I can't find anywhere where someone described why the exhaust has that extra "dead end" like tube coming off the exhaust going up and bending towards the front of the car. What purpose does that serve?
Helmholtz Exhaust :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12772#unread

joeyg02

richard_leeds wrote:
joeyg02 wrote: I can't find anywhere where someone described why the exhaust has that extra "dead end" like tube coming off the exhaust going up and bending towards the front of the car. What purpose does that serve?
Helmholtz Exhaust :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12772#unread
Thank you. EXACTLY what I needed to read,

Joey Griffin

alogoc
alogoc

ALO:we will have exactly the same car as Silverstone and Germany! So rumors about engine tilt probably aply for Spa!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

wesley123
wesley123

Or it is BS and the one who made it up doesnt have any knowledge at all, what seems more likely? That the rumor is true or that the guy who said this in the first place made it up?

Just asking the question, what would be the use of an tilted engine? Not only does it raise CoG, it also adds different stress to the chassis and the whole car, as well as requiring a new rear suspension, floor, diffuser etc. etc.

Apart from a possible better suspension geometry there are no gains to be made from this.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Bomber_Pilot

alogoc wrote:ALO:we will have exactly the same car as Silverstone and Germany! So rumors about engine tilt probably aply for Spa!
He said that in the context of engine maping

alogoc
alogoc

wesley123 wrote:Or it is BS and the one who made it up doesnt have any knowledge at all, what seems more likely? That the rumor is true or that the guy who said this in the first place made it up?

Just asking the question, what would be the use of an tilted engine? Not only does it raise CoG, it also adds different stress to the chassis and the whole car, as well as requiring a new rear suspension, floor, diffuser etc. etc.

Apart from a possible better suspension geometry there are no gains to be made from this.

the rumor is true and there are others gains!
the race on which it will be introduced will be after summer brake,and in Hungary they will start to test it!
THE F2012!

amouzouris

can anyone find a photo of the front of this front wing???
the top flap is attached to the rest of the fw on both sides

alogoc
alogoc

THE F2012!

amouzouris

Bomber_Pilot wrote:
alogoc wrote:ALO:we will have exactly the same car as Silverstone and Germany! So rumors about engine tilt probably aply for Spa!
He said that in the context of engine maping
yes i agree!! after reading the press conf. that's what he said it for!

wesley123
wesley123

alogoc wrote:
wesley123 wrote:Or it is BS and the one who made it up doesnt have any knowledge at all, what seems more likely? That the rumor is true or that the guy who said this in the first place made it up?

the rumor is true and there are others gains!
the race on which it will be introduced will be after summer brake,and in Hungary they will start to test it!
How do you know this rumor is true? This rumor is just as true as the one about McLarens step nose. It wont happen simple as that.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

alogoc
alogoc

because the source it came from is about 99% reliable for me!

has nothing to do whit Mclaren rumor!
THE F2012!

raymondu999

alogoc wrote:because the source it came from is about 99% reliable for me!

has nothing to do whit Mclaren rumor!
ah, but 99% reliable means 1% unreliable...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法