Croatia plans a interesting track

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: Croatia plans a interesting track

Pierce89 wrote:@Bob: What's up with the necrophelia
It's not necrophelia, it's necromancy!

Pup
Pup

Well, why not talk about Croatia? Nothing else is going on.

Here's the proposed location. I'm ashamed to say that I actually spent 20 mins panning around google maps to find it - can you tell I'm bored this morning?

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=4 ... 1&t=h&z=15

Neno
Neno

Pup wrote:Well, why not talk about Croatia? Nothing else is going on.

Here's the proposed location. I'm ashamed to say that I actually spent 20 mins panning around google maps to find it - can you tell I'm bored this morning?

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=4 ... 1&t=h&z=15
I'm from Croatia, and I can tell you there are no plans for building GP track in near future. Croatia undergoing a severe economic crisis, at each step they trying to reduce the income and budget cuts. There will be no GP, F1 or any other major event from auto racing in Croatia.

Pup
Pup

Well then I guess eastern Europe's F1 dreams are back in the hands of Zoran Stefanovic.

Nando
Nando

WilliamsF1 wrote:I am not sure if this will ever happen, but track is very interesting. It is supposed to be located in a small valley and has a stream running through it.

Do away with turns 6 and 18 and you have a circuit with just one heavy breaking.

The stretch from the hairpin (turn 7) to last turn (turn 18) is just so old school.

Even if not built it is a great track for PC games.

I could have sworn you had taken that picture of Circuit of Americas site..
Looks identical really to the Austin track.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

SeijaKessen

Pretty much the same thought I had.

Tilke needs to be thrown out of an airplane...preferably with no parachute.

I don't understand how he can just regurgitate the same tired crap for every track.

Nando
Nando

I partly agree but i think we don´t eve know half the things Tilke has to follow when drawing this.

For example, it looks like a motorway going from eat to west above the circuit. That effectively will cause some problems designing the track.

It doesn´t give you the impression that he had "free hands" like with Austing and Dehli.

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

The only interesting thing about this track is how Tilke can be so unimaginative.

mzivtins
mzivtins

maybe someone should show him how good the brakes on f1 cars are, he might then design something with harsher braking zones, this would be a boring gp to watch... little overtaking.

beelsebob
beelsebob

mzivtins wrote:maybe someone should show him how good the brakes on f1 cars are, he might then design something with harsher braking zones, this would be a boring gp to watch... little overtaking.
Actually, harsh breaking zones is not what's necessary to deliver overtaking. Consider that some of the best overtaking spots in F1 are wide open turns, e.g. turn 1 in brazil, or turn 1^W9 at silverstone... The key to an overtaking oportunity is not the corner the overtaking happens in, it's the corner before the straight, if you make the corners leading into the straight aero based then the following car washes out and doesn't have a hope of getting into the slipstream, if you make it too tight they have to get on the power too late to get into the slip stream. The key is to make the corner before the straight moderately tight, but not so tight the cars bunch up nose to tail.

mzivtins
mzivtins

I see your point actually, therefore i would love to see a track with both, plus wide enough to allow 2 workable lines around some of the more drastic corners.

what am i saying? we dont need any new tracks... stick with these old awesome gems like SPA etc :-)

thearmofbarlow
thearmofbarlow

mzivtins wrote:I see your point actually, therefore i would love to see a track with both, plus wide enough to allow 2 workable lines around some of the more drastic corners.

what am i saying? we dont need any new tracks... stick with these old awesome gems like SPA etc :-)
This is why I firmly believe Miller Motorsports Park to be the best track for F1 that will never host an F1 race. Has all the hallmarks of a good F1 track. Very similar to Interlagos without the elevation changes.

Nando
Nando

thearmofbarlow wrote:
mzivtins wrote:I see your point actually, therefore i would love to see a track with both, plus wide enough to allow 2 workable lines around some of the more drastic corners.

This is why I firmly believe Miller Motorsports Park to be the best track for F1 that will never host an F1 race. Has all the hallmarks of a good F1 track. Very similar to Interlagos without the elevation changes.
Funnily enough Tilke has actually said it´s one of the best tracks in the world.

N12ck

I think this is yet another track which will be boring, I think if they want an exciting track, the most exciting track I have ever drove is this track (for karts), lots of elevation change, and it has lots of overtaking, If they could make a more complex version of this track I believe it would be a legendary f1 circuit.

(St johns is flat out or near enough) uphill until Mcraes, downhill from stewart esses, and it is very fast to Sunny bend
Budding F1 Engineer

thearmofbarlow
thearmofbarlow

Nando wrote: Funnily enough Tilke has actually said it´s one of the best tracks in the world.
Don't know if you like racing sims but if you do find one that has Miller available. It's already a good track in something like a GT car but you get in an F1 car and it goes nuclear.