Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
F1.Ru

Re: Ferrari F2012

Surly Spa and Monza are quite different then other tracks where top speed and also good traction dictate the outcome of the race. So F2012 will surly sports a new rear wing, nd try to put there newest engine on monza, aside from that a corresponding changes to the FW is expected. But for the few interesting developments one may be a sort of DDRS or may be a complete revision of the FW+turning vane+bargeboards+vortex generator(in the form of streak over the sidepod air inlet)+a new exhaust........... right now those are real posssibility for me than a Tilted Engine....... :lol:
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

amouzouris

Well...he said that they have an aero package and engine specifically suited for the italian track...could that special engine be..a tilted...engine???? :D

Sorry i couldnt resist!! :p

superdread
superdread

amouzouris wrote:Well...he said that they have an aero package and engine specifically suited for the italian track...could that special engine be..a tilted...engine???? :D

Sorry i couldnt resist!! :p
Your punctuation to communicate rhetoric figures makes little sense. Why would you leave a pause after "tilted"? It's quite obvious what people expressively think Ferrari should or indeed should not tilt based on a discussion here that cost everyone dear time.

(Sorry, got a bit carried away there.)
Last edited by superdread on 05 Aug 2012, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

Hail22

No one yet has mentioned that Ferrari could be looking at doing internal aero work around or with the engine that may/may not lead to the starter motor hole/Rear wing beam...
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Pierce89

Hail22 wrote:No one yet has mentioned that Ferrari could be looking at doing internal aero work around or with the engine that may/may not lead to the starter motor hole/Rear wing beam...
are you referring to some rumor? If so, could you expand?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Hail22

Pierce89 wrote:
Hail22 wrote:No one yet has mentioned that Ferrari could be looking at doing internal aero work around or with the engine that may/may not lead to the starter motor hole/Rear wing beam...
are you referring to some rumor? If so, could you expand?
Let me just say this...the team that is working on the "Car of the future" for 2014...have been shifted to the works/aero team during the summer holidays.

Why would the 2014 crew supposedly leave a process where its completely different/foreign to what the current/2013 design/engineering crew are doing?

Did Scuderia Ferrari leave a set process/guidelines for them during the holidays to manufacture/test components and/or new parts?

My contact has left me in the dark, but he said the leak is "credible".

Idk...sounds as if Ferrari are trying to develop a passive DDRS system and/or a new double floor (However I thought double floors are banned?)
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

bhall
bhall

That sounds good and all, but have the regulations for 2014, aside from the engine, even been published yet?

Maybe your friend means that some from the design team for next year's car were temporarily reassigned to investigate the correlation difficulty that recently reared its ugly head in Maranello. Maybe they're jump-starting a VD design.

If Lotus' system works, and no one else has one at Spa and Monza, those races could be hell for all non-black cars.

Hail22

bhallg2k wrote:That sounds good and all, but have the regulations for 2014, aside from the engine, even been published yet?

Maybe your friend means that some from the design team for next year's car were temporarily reassigned to investigate the correlation difficulty that recently reared its ugly head in Maranello. Maybe they're jump-starting a VD design.

If Lotus' system works, and no one else has one at Spa and Monza, those races could be hell for all non-black cars.

He kept me in the dark, i'm drawing horrible conclusions from horrible bread crumbs...its making me quite desperate for further knowledge...xD

Gilles Villeneuve

Nando
Nando

Here´s the 2014 technical regulations,
http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... _20.07.pdf
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Ferrari2183
Ferrari2183

bhallg2k wrote:That sounds good and all, but have the regulations for 2014, aside from the engine, even been published yet?

Tombazis or Fry, can't remember who, said some time ago that there is a team working on the 2014 car already. Something along the lines of: "We have 3 programs running concurrently, development of the F2012, the 2013 car as well as the 2014 car."

It was in one of the Racing News episodes I believe.

alogoc
alogoc

alogoc ‏@alogoc
@Truzonef1 OK! I need your help.no one seems to believe me as to WHY would Ferrari tilt they engine,they say it's to muc work for..........

31 Jul Enrique Rodríguez ‏@Truzonef1
@alogoc Cooling and the weight distribution, for better treatment of tires. But, we will see if in SPA is implemented
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Spankyham

alogoc wrote:alogoc ‏@alogoc
@Truzonef1 OK! I need your help.no one seems to believe me as to WHY would Ferrari tilt they engine,they say it's to muc work for..........

@alogoc Cooling and the weight distribution, for better treatment of tires. But, we will see if in SPA is implemented
Weight distribution is set - there is only a very small window of leeway there so how could that be a valid reason?
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari

PhillipM
PhillipM

The saying about arses and elbows comes to mind.

F1.Ru

alogoc wrote:alogoc ‏@alogoc
I don't understand how cooling is supposed to be helped by tilting an engine, as far as i know that ferrari supposedly corrected their cooling problem and as now there are 2/4 different slot for cooling exit and never after bercelona we listen about nything about their cooling problem.

And about weight distribution a higher tilted engine will increase the CoG and also hinder the internal cooling as we know that this year there are no scope for directing your air to your DDD, so in my opinion that is just a rumor which is fishing in the net......
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Nando
Nando

Does the engine lay flat on the floor?
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."