COTA Austin - construction and infrastructure

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

What do you think of the prospect of a USGP 2012 at Austin Texas

Good thinking. Place has good infra structure and nice climate in winter.
47%
Not good as it has no motor sport tradition in the US.
9%
I will wait to see how it will shape up.
36%
I don't care.
9%

Total votes: 269

Pup
Pup

Re: 2012 US GP to be held in Austin

hairy_scotsman wrote:It's just information.
Disinformation, you mean. :wink:

On Thursday, there were 22 sections available, with 1,461 total seats.
On Friday, there were 24 sections available, with 1,519 total seats (approx. 150 seats were added in turn 15 sections 1-7)
This morning, there are 23 sections available, with 1,228 total seats.

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Pup wrote:
hairy_scotsman wrote:It's just information.
Disinformation, you mean. :wink:

On Thursday, there were 22 sections available, with 1,461 total seats.
On Friday, there were 24 sections available, with 1,519 total seats (approx. 150 seats were added in turn 15 sections 1-7)

This morning, there are 23 sections available, with 1,228 total seats.
Disinformation? You like when I was spreading "disinformation" about the GA area near T10? LOL.

Maybe there were at some point Friday, but on Friday afternoon when I checked, the only T15 availability (per the map) was in sections 5, 6, 10, 14, 15, 16, 23, & 24. Was it different when you looked? Maybe so. Maybe that's when they added the availability. I hadn't checked between Friday and yesterday.
Last edited by hairy_scotsman on 27 Aug 2012, 17:50, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me on twitter @Austin_F1 ...

Pup
Pup

Perhaps you're not searching for all the available tickets. Here are the T15 seats that were available on Friday:

1 - 25
2 - 147
3 - 0
4 - 32
5 - 87
6 - 112
7 - 24
8 - 0
9 - 0
10 - 22
11 - 6
12 - 11
13 - 6
14 - 77
15 - 53
16 - 47
17 - 0
18 - 0
19 - 0
20 - 5
21 - 19
22 - 4
23 - 117
24 - 135
25 - 37

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Pup wrote:Perhaps you're not searching for all the available tickets. Here are the T15 seats that were available on Friday:

Nope. searching everything. Just refreshed. The map changed. Was it accurate? Is it accurate now? Who knows.

Pup
Pup

Well, they've been selling an average of 10 tickets in section 2 per day, just as an example. I doubt that they suddenly sold 147 of them in just a few hours on Friday, and then conveniently added 119 in that section today. :wink:

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Hell, I even wrote down the row numbers with availability at the time:

5: rows 2, 5, 25, 26, 29
6: 25-29, 31-33
10: 3-6
14: 2-8
15: 2-5
16: 2-5
23: 1st 8 rows
24: 1st 8 rows

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Pup wrote:Well, they've been selling an average of 10 tickets in section 2 per day, just as an example. I doubt that they suddenly sold 147 of them in just a few hours on Friday, and then conveniently added 119 in that section today. :wink:
Never said they added anything today. I said the map showed 8 Turn 15 sections with availability Friday when I looked, and then it showed 19 sections yesterday when I looked. That's all.

strad

They add and change the seating at will..I've given up keeping track...Mostly cause I and I imagine most people do not give a damn.
HS..why do you care? Not intending to go and worrying about a black out on TV?
Pup...are you going? Why do you care if they have 1200 or 2000 seats in a given section?
Seems a strange thing to have a dust up over.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

strad wrote:They add and change the seating at will..I've given up keeping track...Mostly cause I and I imagine most people do not give a damn.
HS..why do you care? Not intending to go and worrying about a black out on TV?
Pup...are you going? Why do you care if they have 1200 or 2000 seats in a given section?
Seems a strange thing to have a dust up over.
I don't care much. Just an observation. No conspiracy theory, etc.

I'll be there for sure...probably well before most and remaining long after most leave.

As for the "dustup", it is indeed a strange thing to argue over, so it leaves me wondering why Pup chose to pick a fight over it not only here, but on another board as well. For my part, I'm not arguing over the facts as much as I'm responding to Pup's continued attempts to discredit me anywhere he thinks he might gain a foothold. I had forgotten the post until Pup came in telling me, once again, that what I had seen didn't really happen, etc. We've all seen that act before and how it turned out (pp. 183-185), and we've all seen him pretend to wonder why I'd want to argue over it. It gets a little bit old when you're on the scene and someone hundreds or thousands of miles away continually calls you out, disputes things you know to be true, and questions your integrity.
Last edited by hairy_scotsman on 27 Aug 2012, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

Pup
Pup

Ridiculous. And no, I'm not going to respond to HS's taunts.

Strad, the terribly uninteresting reason that I'm keeping an eye on ticket sales, is that it affects my profession. I often have to make judgement calls as to what people value, and often what I value isn't what another group or what the public as a whole does. So when something like this comes up that makes that kind of info available, I try to pay attention. Like I say, more often than not, it challenges my preconceptions. Just as an example, like I've said before, I think it's fascinating that the T15 psl's sold faster than T1 - I'd never have guessed that, and it says something about what the people who buy psl's value. Overall, I find it fascinating that the psl's sold as well as they did. Considering how much of a ruckus the whole thing raised and all.

Wonky stuff, but I'm sure everyone here will sleep easier now that I've told you.

Anyway, my apologies for posting accurate information. :wink: <--- that's intended to be ironic this time, by the way.

strad

Overall, I find it fascinating that the psl's sold as well as they did.
Man with that I can totally agree...
Either I don't understand (entirely possible)or people have a lot more money to throw around than I think (maybe they do in Texas) OR people thought there would be scalper value to puchasing them.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Richard
Richard

Ticket availability is bound to go up and down as resellers confirm how many seats they'll take, or COTA release tickets that were held back in reserve, or other intricacies of ticketing management.

The point is that some are still available and some areas appear to be more popular than others.

Out of interest are PSL people like normal debenture holders who can sell the seat for an event if they want to? Perhaps PSL holders are trying to catch the peak of the market and release seats for general sale?

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

richard_leeds wrote:Ticket availability is bound to go up and down as resellers confirm how many seats they'll take, or COTA release tickets that were held back in reserve, or other intricacies of ticketing management.

The point is that some are still available and some areas appear to be more popular than others.

Out of interest are PSL people like normal debenture holders who can sell the seat for an event if they want to? Perhaps PSL holders are trying to catch the peak of the market and release seats for general sale?

Yes, as far as I know.

Pup
Pup

Seats! Right click for high res...

strad

I wonder/hope they are already working with Marshalling and support groups.
Sir Stirling Moss