Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
alogoc
alogoc

Re: Ferrari F2012

THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

The front wing, end plates in particular, do not seem to making a big effort out to route flow around the front wheels. Is flow over the wheel better for this track?

Brian

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

And they also have totally removed the cascades?

alogoc
alogoc

ajdavison2 wrote:And they also have totally removed the cascades?
they removed the cascades, close up the hole on exhaust bodywork and they call it a "update" :?
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

amouzouris

alogoc wrote:
they removed the cascades, close up the hole on exhaust bodywork and they call it a "update" :?
better than nothing

F1.Ru

alogoc wrote:
There are some other apparent changes as well like it seems rear body work really shrunken in their volume for clearing up coke bottle zone, and whole exhaust ramp and corresponding body work seems to be moved forward a few bit. Changes in F/W and R/W is expected but F2012's New R/W design is quite interesting. Which uses the idea of William's FW34's Canadian Gp's concave Rear Wing Design [not its look rather its idea], but Here almost opposite principle is used like it is not concave in the middle part rather it winded up to the R/W endplate in a convex manner. So the drag is reduced but the minimum cross section requirement is fulfilled.

Looking forward to see more updates and think thats not all from Ferrari camp, they definitely brings some other updates for future evaluation and testing......................... [-o<
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Chuckjr

Is it just me or is the bodywork "squeeze" under the coanda exhaust tighter to the middle of the car? It looks like its tucked in more tightly to the enter point of the car opening more airflow area to the rear. Is that the effect expected for the rumored tilted engine...? 

Sorry if these questions are too elementary for the group. Just wanting to understand.
Watching F1 since 1986.

fynrd1
fynrd1

A dutch/italian guy on another forum, with good contacts in the F1 world, says that Ferrari will test a DDRS system in free practice. It could be a wrong rumor, but in my eyes this guy have a good credibilty if it comes to insight information.

raymondu999

I guess we'll know in 3 hours' time.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

fynrd1
fynrd1

raymondu999 wrote:I guess we'll know in 3 hours' time.
If this system is partly integrated in the leading edge, i dont know to be happy or angry at them lol

f1316
f1316

hardingfv32 wrote:The front wing, end plates in particular, do not seem to making a big effort out to route flow around the front wheels. Is flow over the wheel better for this track?

Brian
It seems like, having tried so many different iterations of front wing endplates and clearly not got the results they expected, they've had to abandon the approach they were taking. This obviously sets that area of development back a bit, which might explain why they still have the "tried and tested" endplates here.

RandiAndika
RandiAndika

feel pessimistic for this weekend..... why they removed the cascacades? to reducing downforce? sorry begginer :D

Kiril Varbanov

F1.Ru

RandiAndika wrote:feel pessimistic for this weekend..... why they removed the cascacades? to reducing downforce? sorry begginer :D
Welcome to the wonderful world of F1Technical blog, and as about your comment i dont think that there are many causes to be pessimistic. caz Spa is alomost like canadian gp where low downforce and low drag reign. Also this is a track which is full of high speed corners which is a strong point favoring F2012 as they are repeatedly saying that they are strong in high speed track, and the track temperature and weather both are in favor of team like Redbull, McLaren and Ferrari. As u know that Lotus tend to be quick in warm weather. And weather prediction is mixed, in mixed condition F2012 in the hand of Alonso might recreate the magic that we are witnessing throughout the season ............. :D
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Cuky

RandiAndika wrote:feel pessimistic for this weekend..... why they removed the cascacades? to reducing downforce? sorry begginer :D
From what I know teams don't use cascades to produce downforce but to better shape airflow which comes of the front wing and to the back of the car