Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Ferrari F2012

Pierce89 wrote: He lives!
LOL!! Work & vacation. Super busy. What say you about the cascade-less new FW? On another note, I would say it's about time to see another development push from the Reds. I think the next one could be the last "major" push of the season, but I think it's clear Ferrari need some car developments to continue to hold onto this lead in the WDC.

superdread
superdread

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
LOL!! Work & vacation. Super busy. What say you about the cascade-less new FW? On another note, I would say it's about time to see another development push from the Reds. I think the next one could be the last "major" push of the season, but I think it's clear Ferrari need some car developments to continue to hold onto this lead in the WDC.
They said (was mentioned some pages back) that they have a major upgrade for Singapore.

amouzouris

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Interesting to see Ferrari go the Merc GP route with cascade-less FW. Didn't get to see any FP's or Quali but from what I'm seeing it seems Ferrari maybe shed some overall DF to remain competitive in the 1st & 3rd sectors and is paying the price in S2. Hard to know for sure. One thing we do know is the car performs better in race trim than Quali trim, or so has been the case so far this season. Let's hope it continues at Spa.
welcome back X2! you are CRUCIAL for this thread!! :D

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Ferrari Spa update/s according to Official F1 site

Link

F1.Ru

I dont have words to express those moment.............

The Accidents

And the consequences

Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Pierce89

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
I wouldn't really call the cascade-less FW new per se, but just a means to balance the low DF rear wing, showing maybe they still had less rear DF than Macca or Red Bull, who were able to leave their front wings closer to standard.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Pierce89 wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
I wouldn't really call the cascade-less FW new per se, but just a means to balance the low DF rear wing, showing maybe they still had less rear DF than Macca or Red Bull, who were able to leave their front wings closer to standard.
Yeah not new new, but new for Ferrari this year. The team said they found some pace this weekend, so I think it helped. I agree they probably aren't with MaCa in the most overall DF, but I'm thinking Ferrari & RB are close together. I think the F2012 has the potential to go well at Monza. Top speed is improved and the car is pretty decent in the very slow speed stuff, but it will be a question of whether they can get the Cl to Cd ratio right... Hope so.

Hail22

Anyone else notice this?

To me its one of two possibilities...maybe three:

1. Debris flying under the car when the photo was taken

2. To me they look like two thermal ports (excessive heat from the engine housing/internal aero with floor exit?) I see part of the suspension arm covering the left "possible" hole

3. The almighty reflection
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

superdread
superdread

Hail22 wrote:Anyone else notice this?

To me its one of two possibilities...maybe three:

1. Debris flying under the car when the photo was taken

2. To me they look like two thermal ports (excessive heat from the engine housing/internal aero with floor exit?) I see part of the suspension arm covering the left "possible" hole

3. The almighty reflection
Those are parts of the diffuser (strakes and all that).
Last edited by Richard on 03 Sep 2012, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from earlier post

bhall
bhall

Richard
Richard

Just done the usual post-race clear out. This thread should only focus on the actual features of the F2012 car.

Race talk to the Spa race thread please :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13240&view=unread#unread

Scuderia Ferrari talk to the team thread please :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12096&view=unread#unread

jaba.hut

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
I wouldn't really call the cascade-less FW new per se, but just a means to balance the low DF rear wing, showing maybe they still had less rear DF than Macca or Red Bull, who were able to leave their front wings closer to standard.[/quote]

Yeah not new new, but new for Ferrari this year. The team said they found some pace this weekend, so I think it helped. I agree they probably aren't with MaCa in the most overall DF, but I'm thinking Ferrari & RB are close together. I think the F2012 has the potential to go well at Monza. Top speed is improved and the car is pretty decent in the very slow speed stuff, but it will be a question of whether they can get the Cl to Cd ratio right... Hope so.[/quote]

I remember couple of years ago that it was usual practice of Ferrari while on normal DF circuits they had 2 plane main FW plate for Monza and SPA they would use single plane as it would benefit flow and would be less draggy. I think that for this would be same explanation.

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

So, any updates planned for Monza?

Nando
Nando

This might be a wild guess but i would say rear wing ;)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

“We have a few interesting developments that we will introduce at Spa, a track which, from an aerodynamic downforce point of view, is quite special, as indeed is Monza. In fact, we will also have an aerodynamic and engine package specifically suited to the Italian track. Therefore a lot of work has been done, but there is still also a lot to do: we must continue to keep up the pressure to a high level.”
http://www.ferrari.com/english/formula1 ... to-do.aspx