Mercedes AMG F1 W03

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

dren wrote:I can't view the movie...is it good or bad curb riding?
just very stable over the kerbs, and aggressive

zyphro
zyphro

Fred444 wrote:Is it just me, or is there a serious amount of 'blowing' off the throttle on that video?

I've never heard the merc making them sounds before.
I agree, I've never heard the engine of the Merc sound that aggressive in the braking zones before (this year).

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Fred444 wrote:Is it just me, or is there a serious amount of 'blowing' off the throttle on that video?

Engine map

Huntresa
Huntresa

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:

Engine map

Maybe you forgot the word new?

zyphro
zyphro

Sam Bird encouraged by Mercedes updates after two days of testing at Magny-Cours

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102494

Re. MSC:
Bird said about Schumacher's presence: "It was good to see him here, and nice to see he showed his face. We feed off each other: he wanted to know my feelings and my comments, and we have a good working relationship."

siskue2005

maybe the want to stall the left side only?
or do they want to reduce the volume of air reaching the DDRS ? so that it will stall less compared to full volume of air

mantikos
mantikos

siskue2005 wrote:maybe the want to stall the left side only?
or do they want to reduce the volume of air reaching the DDRS ? so that it will stall less compared to full volume of air
The device is in the center can't just stall one side selectively in its current form plus since this is aimed at straights there is no benefit from stalling one side.

As far as flow control goes, well I would have assumed a smaller overall intake that was symettrical

siskue2005

so i think now it is there to reduce the total volume

mantikos
mantikos

siskue2005 wrote:so i think now it is there to reduce the total volume
I guess as a temporary fix for testing only, makes sense...

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

mantikos
mantikos

Everyone including Scarbs is impressed with the number and quality of upgrades Merc has bought to this YTD and used it as an oppurtunity to test for the last 7 races (he claims that they now understand the tires). Should make a heck of a season for the reaminnig 7 races...as a MSC fan
Last edited by mantikos on 13 Sep 2012, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

mantikos wrote:Everyone including Scarbs is impressed with the number and quality of upgrades Merc has bought to this test as an oppurtunity to test for the last 7 races (he claims that they now understand the tires). Should make a heck of a season for the reaminnig 7 races...as a MSC fan
Would love to see a Merc 1-2 at the last of their "home" races here in Abu dhabi - Aabar own 40% of the team.. would be awesome!

Adamski

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:
mantikos wrote:Everyone including Scarbs is impressed with the number and quality of upgrades Merc has bought to this test as an oppurtunity to test for the last 7 races (he claims that they now understand the tires). Should make a heck of a season for the reaminnig 7 races...as a MSC fan
Would love to see a Merc 1-2 at the last of their "home" races here in Abu dhabi - Aabar own 40% of the team.. would be awesome!
It would be great everywhere but probably the biggest chance they have is the coming race, Singapore. The track should suit their package, as we have seen it before in Monte Carlo. The difference is that in Singapore there are two longer straights and a more effective DRS zone, so the pole are not as beneficial as in Monaco.

Anyway, I'm pretty hopeful they will run the new exhaust (I think it has around 80-90%) and set the car towards quail to make the front row, and then see, if they can keep up on the front. That should be a good tactics for them with these nice upgrades. I'm sure they can run it in the race.
Michael Schumacher: When you start out in a team, you have to get the teamwork going and then you get something back.

illario
illario

GSBellew
GSBellew

elf341 wrote:Another interesting thing they did earlier with the DDRS was to block off the left duct opening:

All the pictures I've seen so far have only had the two intakes on the right & one on the left, like this:

Image[/quote]

So unless I've missed the ones with two inlets each side it looks like they are just getting ready to move to two if needs be.