COTA Austin - construction and infrastructure

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

What do you think of the prospect of a USGP 2012 at Austin Texas

Good thinking. Place has good infra structure and nice climate in winter.
47%
Not good as it has no motor sport tradition in the US.
9%
I will wait to see how it will shape up.
36%
I don't care.
9%

Total votes: 269

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Re: 2012 US GP to be held in Austin

mantikos wrote:Sorry, that is NOT the biggest stadium in the state - the biggest stadium in the state and the biggest indoor stadium in the world is Cowboys Stadium in DFW. The TCU Amon G. Carter stadium will knock your socks off too if you want a well built classy stadium.
I didn't say it was "the biggest stadium in the state". I said it has "the biggest seating capacity in the state".

Cowboys Stadium seats 80,000 people and can accommodate about 20,000 more in standing room. Many of those in standing room there cannot even see the field, but they can see the game on the massive tv screens. Darrell K. Royal Texas Memorial Stadium seats 100,119 people. Both have had crowd totals in excess of their official capacities. Even back in the early 80s when I began attending UT, the seated capacity was about 77,000. Major renovations and expansions in 1996-98 and 2006-9 have brought the stadium to its current capacity.
Last edited by hairy_scotsman on 17 Sep 2012, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter @Austin_F1 ...

Pup
Pup

Regardless, the Longhorns need to worry about building a defense, not a stadium. :wink:

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Pup wrote:Regardless, the Longhorns need to worry about building a defense, not a stadium. :wink:
Yep. A lot of those 31 points this weekend came with defensive subs in the game after going up 45-17...and 1 TD was given up by the S/T & not the defense. Still doesn't make me feel any better about it. Too many blown coverages & missed tackles. :(

mantikos
mantikos

Pup wrote:Regardless, the Longhorns need to worry about building a defense, not a stadium. :wink:
Just a defence?
How about a QB? One game does not make a QB

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

mantikos wrote:
Just a defence?
I realize we're getting way o/t here, but despite last year when he was thrown to the wolves as a true freshman, through 3 games this year Ash is #4 nationally in pass efficiency with 7 Tds & 0 ints. I'll take it.

mantikos
mantikos

hairy_scotsman wrote:
mantikos wrote:
Just a defence?
I realize we're getting way o/t here, but despite last year when he was thrown to the wolves as a true freshman, through 3 games this year Ash is #4 nationally in pass efficiency with 7 Tds & 0 ints. I'll take it.
Sure, against who though?
Lets see his stats against a good defence/team

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

mantikos wrote:Sure, against who though?
Lets see his stats against a good defence/team
OK, and then we can talk about it on a football forum. Ash & the offense are doing fine & can only play the teams on the schedule. Most of the perennial powers & the top qbs haven't played anyone yet either. How will they do later on? Neither of us knows. WeWillSee.

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

For those of you still hunting for tickets:

Main GS Non-PSL tickets are now available, along with T1, & T15...RV prices slashed per this COTA email from yesterday:
[mailto:x@circuitoftheamericas.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 4:38 PM
To: y
Subject: Circuit of the Americas - FORMULA 1

Hello y,

I just wanted to let you know that we have just released single event, more cost effective opportunities for fans and business owners to come to the race! If you know anyone that has been looking for single event options, please feel free to forward my information to them.

Here is a breakdown of the newly released FORMULA 1 event tickets:
- Paddock Club Passes - $4500-$5000
- Turn 1 - $533, $800 (3 day passes)
- Turn 15 - $533, $800 (3 day passes)
- Main Grandstand tickets - $800, $1067, $1367 (3 day passes)
- RV spots - $7500 per spot (Includes 8 tickets)

Please let me know soon if any of these single event tickets would be of interest. We are projected to sell out of all available inventory for the FORMULA 1 race within the next week.

Best Regards,

x
Premium Sales Consultant
Circuit of the Americas
301 Congress Ave. Suite #220
Austin, TX 78701

strad

Man...Now this might sway me... Louise Goodman...be still my beating heart. lol :roll:
Don't miss out! See racing legend, Mario Andretti, meet and snap pictures with racing legend, Gil de Ferran and TV presenter and journalist, Louise Goodman and receive an autographed picture.

With Official Circuit of The Americas Experiences' Ticket Packages in the Main Grandstand and Turn 1, you will get access to the exclusive Party Venue featuring these racing legends, food, premium bar, premium seating, premium views, premium experiences, accommodations and more. Get them while supplies last»
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Mr Alcatraz

hairy_scotsman wrote:For those of you still hunting for tickets:

Main GS Non-PSL tickets are now available, along with T1, & T15...RV prices slashed per this COTA email from yesterday:
[mailto:x@circuitoftheamericas.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 4:38 PM
To: y
Subject: Circuit of the Americas - FORMULA 1

Hello y,

I just wanted to let you know that we have just released single event, more cost effective opportunities for fans and business owners to come to the race! If you know anyone that has been looking for single event options, please feel free to forward my information to them.

Here is a breakdown of the newly released FORMULA 1 event tickets:
- Paddock Club Passes - $4500-$5000
- Turn 1 - $533, $800 (3 day passes)
- Turn 15 - $533, $800 (3 day passes)
- Main Grandstand tickets - $800, $1067, $1367 (3 day passes)
- RV spots - $7500 per spot (Includes 8 tickets)

Please let me know soon if any of these single event tickets would be of interest. We are projected to sell out of all available inventory for the FORMULA 1 race within the next week.

Best Regards,

x
Premium Sales Consultant
Circuit of the Americas
301 Congress Ave. Suite #220
Austin, TX 78701
I already have seats in section 15. Next time they let you out of your cage have info as to who is playing the post-race concert..........please :lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Mr Alcatraz wrote:I already have seats in section 15. Next time they let you out of your cage have info as to who is playing the post-race concert..........please :lol:
Didn't have that info before. There have been a flurry of releases in the last 24 hours reporting artists playing at different venues and at different times during the week, including Aerosmith & Cheap Trick Friday at the Frank Erwin Center, Ghostland Observatory, Enrique Iglesias, Flo Rida, Juanes, Lupe Fiasco, & the Wailers. The Wallflowers will play the “Official After Party” at the BobBullock Texas State History Museum.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/ ... latin.html

Mr Alcatraz

hairy_scotsman wrote:
Mr Alcatraz wrote:I already have seats in section 15. Next time they let you out of your cage have info as to who is playing the post-race concert..........please :lol:
Didn't have that info before. There have been a flurry of releases in the last 24 hours reporting artists playing at different venues and at different times during the week, including Aerosmith & Cheap Trick Friday at the Frank Erwin Center, Ghostland Observatory, Enrique Iglesias, Flo Rida, Juanes, Lupe Fiasco, & the Wailers. The Wallflowers will play the “Official After Party” at the BobBullock Texas State History Museum.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/ ... latin.html
Thanks bro!!
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

strad

gonna be a cool week to be in Austin.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Looks like Lot P isn't sold out after all. Parking available in all 4 lots.

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=420 ... 0b18e4db26

strad

$200?!? :shock: But worth it for a guy like me I guess..
Sir Stirling Moss