Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ema00
ema00

Re: Ferrari F2012

not so much to say, they illustrates the "DRS pedal", the new front wing and the new floor but very few technical comments.
The new floor couldn't be ready for Friday so is not sure that will be used Sunday.
Last thing is that the worst rival should be the RB that seems to be at home in this type of circuit.

Hail22

Check the photo in the Singapore GP thread.

Noticeable from above changes:

-New Engine cover
- New Front wing
- New rear wing (Looks like the Lotus style to be honest)
- New floor
- New air flow conditioner (refer to front wing mirrors)
- New exhaust layout?! Coanda perhaps? [-o< [-o<

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

kebab
kebab

From the picture above Ferrari still use cascade front wing, not the cascade-less wing as they tested last week and people claimed that was the new design concept?

ten_marco
ten_marco

Hail22 wrote:Check the photo in the Singapore GP thread....
In this photo you can not observe much.
The front wing has a small change in its format, the black part of the "Ferrari World" is cut at the aerodynamics do not see many changes. The side with the holes, which I thought would be in the versions tested in Valencia, Silverstone and Germany continue with the same version of Bahrain. The floor does not give to see if this photo is new because it is difficult. At the rear, the "bonnet" looks like it's new, but it is not because they ran in Monaco with a similar part to high downforce. Rear wing is only closed without those two cuts from "V". Briefly, I do not see anything new. Hopefully tomorrow arise and new photos that I'm wrong because I hope the wind tunnel in Cologne Maranello and has worked to bring new parts for the Ferrari can win the world. If you do not bring more parts and if Alonso is not competitive in the race, the Spaniard will complain and ears of Pat Fry will be more than red. :shock:
Last edited by Richard on 20 Sep 2012, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from earlier post

raymondu999

Hail22 wrote:- New air flow conditioner (refer to front wing mirrors)
That's been there since Spa, to memory. They've been combining the mirror stalk with the front flowcons since then.
- New exhaust layout?! Coanda perhaps? [-o< [-o<
How was the previous exhaust not coanda? Even the McLaren style exhaust is using Coanda.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Huntresa
Huntresa

Hail22 wrote:Check the photo in the Singapore GP thread.
They alrdy have a Coanda exhaust, and have had so since they did the mclaren style one and this is the same.
Last edited by Richard on 20 Sep 2012, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from earlier post

medeni73
medeni73

new FW on bottom pic...

raymondu999

new, or just more AoA? I can't really see any differences in the details.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Kiril Varbanov

raymondu999 wrote:new, or just more AoA? I can't really see any differences in the details.
No difference, the same wing was used in Hungary. It's early to tell about the angles of attack.

Just noticed that the rear wing has four louvers instead of the usual six, with larger size.
Last edited by Kiril Varbanov on 20 Sep 2012, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

That's what I thought too - but you can see the flap on one is clearly turned up much higher.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Kiril Varbanov

raymondu999 wrote:That's what I thought too - but you can see the flap on one is clearly turned up much higher.
Looking from another angle, I think it's the same, it's just that the wings are mounted on different planes.

Close shot of angle adjusters:
http://f1zoom.fx1.nl/?year=2012&race=si ... =42&view=1

turbof1

Doesn't look like a development; rather it just has more flap surface to maximize downforce. It's interesting though to compare this wing to the one of Hungary. If they run higher front downforce then there, it could mean they found more downforce at the back as well.
#AeroFrodo

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

turbof1 wrote:Doesn't look like a development; rather it just has more flap surface to maximize downforce. It's interesting though to compare this wing to the one of Hungary. If they run higher front downforce then there, it could mean they found more downforce at the back as well.
Or it could just be that Singapore is track that demands higher overall levels of downforce than hungry. :P :roll:

Coefficient
Coefficient

kebab wrote:From the picture above Ferrari still use cascade front wing, not the cascade-less wing as they tested last week and people claimed that was the new design concept?
It's not clear from this what wings will be used at all because teams normally put old bits on whilst the mechanics are rehearsing pitstops to avoid breaking any new parts that have limited availability.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

imightbewrong
imightbewrong