Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Ferrari F2012

morefirejules08 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Doesn't look like a development; rather it just has more flap surface to maximize downforce. It's interesting though to compare this wing to the one of Hungary. If they run higher front downforce then there, it could mean they found more downforce at the back as well.
Or it could just be that Singapore is track that demands higher overall levels of downforce than hungry. :P :roll:
Except it's not. Hungary is 2nd highest in terms of how you set your car up along the downforce scale, if not tied for first with Monaco. Singapore is 2nd to them.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

turbof1

morefirejules08 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Doesn't look like a development; rather it just has more flap surface to maximize downforce. It's interesting though to compare this wing to the one of Hungary. If they run higher front downforce then there, it could mean they found more downforce at the back as well.
Or it could just be that Singapore is track that demands higher overall levels of downforce than hungry. :P :roll:
Current f1 cars have only limited downforce at the rear. It simply has no use running more downforce at the front if you can't balance it out. I have the idea (I could very well be wrong) that Ferrari is running more front downforce then at Hungary (another high downforce track), which means they did find more rear downforce
#AeroFrodo

medeni73
medeni73

stefan_
stefan_

Last edited by stefan_ on 20 Sep 2012, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

alogoc
alogoc

There are changes to gurney flap on top of diffuror
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

turbof1

stefan_ wrote:Image
I am having a really hard time to make anything out of those cascades due its complexity and all the flawless white paint. Those slits in the cascades look peticular, being rather big. Is that b/c else the cascade would stall and stop giving downforce?

EDIT: I really had to look hard to notice the cascades even had endplates. I also checked up and they indeed brought a new front wing with bigger flap surface. I can't imagine they cracked up the rear wing AoA, so what did they find at the back? The one quoted above is the Hungary spec front wing.
Last edited by turbof1 on 20 Sep 2012, 16:56, edited 3 times in total.
#AeroFrodo

ten_marco
ten_marco

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

turbof1 wrote:.... Those slits in the cascades look peticular, being rather big. Is that b/c else the cascade would stall and stop giving downforce?
That's a very good guess! Those slots look just like the slots on aircraft slotted flaps which are used to allow a higher AoA before the flaps stall.

Flyboy Steve

F1.Ru

Some Pic of F2012 in Singapore Gp ............................. Right Click > View Image for larger version :D
All pictures are © Sutton Images provided in http://www.formula1.com/

Ferrari is moving F2012 FW Camera Mounting into the nose cone which previously sit between the FW Pylon:

Just look at the place where Kaspersky Lab end there are the new FIA Camera pod which previously was between the FW Pylon in the 2nd pic of this group............

Side by Side view again Just look at the place where Kaspersky Lab end & you can easily identify the difference.........

Best available picture that shows camera position from front view ©F1fanatic.co.uk

Front Wing

Rear Wing

Exhaust, Diffuser & Other Component
Last edited by F1.Ru on 20 Sep 2012, 20:41, edited 5 times in total.
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

stefan_
stefan_

Can you please verify previous posts and not re-post hi-res images that already exist on this thread? Thank you.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

F1.Ru

Major Changes ---------

New Engine Cover --------- defiantly

FIA Mandatory Front Camera is now is not between FW Pylons rather they are now in the Nose Cone exactly where the Kaspersky Lab Sign end......

Usual Changes ---------

Rear Wing ---------- A bit like Lotus or Mecca with shorter upper flap
Front Wing Turning vane ----- shortened

Rear Wishbone Pickup point is again looks like backed from previous gp, bcaz in last race their wishbone pickup point was in completely red zone but now it shares place in red zone and also in heat shielding material carbon fiber parts.

Nice to see the whole vertical rad with the gearbox casing.

and lastly about the exhaust ............ is it the last interpretation of the exhaust or is it the optimum solution #-o , seems though Ferrari cant do any better then this with current regulation :( but still there are a possible solution they can try like that of Ex-Sauber and now Redbull style exhaust :mrgreen:

Ferrari is still not following the trend set by Sauber to channel more air over sidepod using a wing over sidepod air inlet ....... rather stick with their mirrors laden concept where most of other teams are using sidepod turning vane introduced by McLaren (which they now ditched for adapting sauber concept)
Last edited by F1.Ru on 20 Sep 2012, 20:10, edited 2 times in total.

F1.Ru

stefan_ wrote:Can you please verify previous posts and not re-post hi-res images that already exist on this thread? Thank you.
Sorry by the time i am posting this images you already posted some of them and i missed them ........... :D
and removed some of the pic which deemed repetitive but for me they all are from different angle so give better perspective, and i only intended for the sake of better analysis given them ... so hope it will not be a problem next time.....

amouzouris

take a close look in the black holes in the endplates....in the first photo you can see it very clearly...and in the second one on the fw at the top....there is flow viz paint inside the enplate.....it is probably an old part tested in previous races....i have a feeling we haven't seen the new front wing yet...

Pierce89

morefirejules08 wrote:
They run max downforce at both tracks
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Ferrari2183
Ferrari2183

The new front wing is on the pit stop practice car.