Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ten_marco
ten_marco

Re: Ferrari F2012

ten_marco
ten_marco

amouzouris

well...its not new

F1.Ru

amouzouris wrote:well...its not new
The FW itself is not new but the FIA camera positioning changes has made it looks like new. FIA Camera has been moved from central section of FW to either side of the nose cone and corresponding with that the Pylon have been shortened so looks more newer ............... :D
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

alogoc
alogoc

maybe there is a NEW wing but they decided not to show it on thursday!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

markp
markp

Knowone hss seen the underside of these wings they have as much detail as the top. Anyone got pics of undersides of all the front wings Ferrari have used including this alledgedly new one.

froggy
froggy

F1.Ru wrote:Major Changes ---------

New Engine Cover --------- defiantly
How do you figure?

ell66
ell66

raymondu999 wrote:
morefirejules08 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Doesn't look like a development; rather it just has more flap surface to maximize downforce. It's interesting though to compare this wing to the one of Hungary. If they run higher front downforce then there, it could mean they found more downforce at the back as well.
Or it could just be that Singapore is track that demands higher overall levels of downforce than hungry. :P :roll:
Except it's not. Hungary is 2nd highest in terms of how you set your car up along the downforce scale, if not tied for first with Monaco. Singapore is 2nd to them.
actually monaco and singapore are the highest df tracks with hungary next

Nando
Nando

ell66 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote: Except it's not. Hungary is 2nd highest in terms of how you set your car up along the downforce scale, if not tied for first with Monaco. Singapore is 2nd to them.
actually monaco and singapore are the highest df tracks with hungary next
All three are the same, slap on everything you got.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

raymondu999

That's what I used to think too. I read sometime back though (2010 or2011) that teams have since changed their approach, because they have since found out that a bit less downforce gives a better laptime. That was Paddy Lowe I think. I could be wrong
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando
Nando

raymondu999 wrote:That's what I used to think too. I read sometime back though (2010 or2011) that teams have since changed their approach, because they have since found out that a bit less downforce gives a better laptime. That was Paddy Lowe I think. I could be wrong
From Hamilton/Sky Sports
Specifically, he is hoping the high downforce set-up he and McLaren last used in winning the Hungarian Grand Prix at the end of July can be used to similar effect on the Singapore street track.
It´s like other tracks, if you can offset the straights then more downforce is the better option.
I guess aero effeciency is a bit more important here then at Monaco or Hungary but it looks like downforce levels is simply bolt on what you have because of the amount of slow corners and generally very poor traction.

Only a little over 4g in braking force.

Some more on Mclaren package (sorry for posting it here, just wanted to post it for the discussion about DF levels)
"We had a different wing that we used for the last two circuits and we probably won't be using that for a while now. But we're going back to the wing we had in Hungary and provided that it's working and we've improved the car elsewhere we should be able to compete with people."
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

alogoc
alogoc

THE F2012!

alogoc
alogoc

looking at the upper picture could it be that we looked in the wrong place for update and that what they did is slim the sidepod area under exhaust to allow more air to diffusor,similar to what Mclaren did a few races back?

just a thought! :?
THE F2012!

F1.Ru

froggy wrote:
F1.Ru wrote:Major Changes ---------

New Engine Cover --------- definitely
How do you figure?
It is easy to figure, just you have to see the ending of the engine cover, which now features a small hot air exit, much like McLaren. In previous race i.e. Monza F2012 has no such things, its engine cover end just over the beam wing, but now they end a little further forward and have a gap for hot air exhaust ................... :D
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Mika1
Mika1

Ferrari inspired by McLaren I see.
The boss follows me on twitter.