Mercedes AMG F1 W03

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

The car is fine. They are sandbagging. Trust me on this one folks.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

Another thing is they ran two different radiator exit in SG

Old

New

zyphro
zyphro

n smikle wrote:The car is fine. They are sandbagging. Trust me on this one folks.
I certainly hope so, mind you, they hid their Monaco pace rather well :wtf: .

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

zyphro wrote:
n smikle wrote:The car is fine. They are sandbagging. Trust me on this one folks.
I certainly hope so, mind you, they hid their Monaco pace rather well :wtf: .
I not so optimistic about that maybe they are sandbagging or constantly running on higher fuel load however I'm not so sure about them repeating the pole lap they had in Monarco maybe just a little bit faster and closer to the front this time.

ArchAngel

If they don't figure out the setup and unlock some tire-friendly pace from those updates during FP3, then it's not gonna magically appear in qualy or the race. The only consolation so far is that Lotus & Sauber are also groping for pace. But customer team Force India is definitely looking much better around the streets of Singapore. If the team can't nail the setup and make the tyres work, then I'm afraid not even rain can help them salvage decent results this weekend. :|

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

dunno if they were sandbagging or not guys..

http://mercamgf1-fans.com/2012/09/21/si ... -test-day/

marcush.
marcush.

with Schumacher admitting he does not understand the car /the changes made to the car yet is a bit worrying
but maybe they have found the magic bullet overnight.

Joie de vivre

They did try new cascades

Adamski

As what I have read about the Coanda effect and this type of exhaust, it could be a big help for the Mercedes W03. But the other side of the coin is that a little mistake can lead to a big blow in terms of performance.

After only a bit more than 1000 km, how we could wait from the team, that it will work on a totally different track, on a totally different layout and in a totally different atmosphere. I think they are gone wrong whit it's fine tuning now and it kills their tires even more when they run their previous exhaust layout.

But since we know Mike Elliot is in the team, it's visible that most of the car's main aero devices were redesigned or upgraded. I think only the diffuser and the rear wing is still too simple compared to the top teams. Wait and see if they will come up in these areas with something new to make full use of this Coanda ---.
Michael Schumacher: When you start out in a team, you have to get the teamwork going and then you get something back.

mantikos
mantikos

Adamski wrote:As what I have read about the Coanda effect and this type of exhaust, it could be a big help for the Mercedes W03. But the other side of the coin is that a little mistake can lead to a big blow in terms of performance.

After only a bit more than 1000 km, how we could wait from the team, that it will work on a totally different track, on a totally different layout and in a totally different atmosphere. I think they are gone wrong whit it's fine tuning now and it kills their tires even more when they run their previous exhaust layout.

But since we know Mike Elliot is in the team, it's visible that most of the car's main aero devices were redesigned or upgraded. I think only the diffuser and the rear wing is still too simple compared to the top teams. Wait and see if they will come up in these areas with something new to make full use of this Coanda ---.
Diffuser maybe, rear wing is actually pretty good

mantikos
mantikos

Joie de vivre wrote:They did try new cascades

Great pic, with the added cascades and the change in profile of the main plane near the support they were def trying to generate more front end downforce...they have obviously found enough rear downforce to justify that.

Joie de vivre

Schumacher had problems with DRS in Q3 (watching interview on RTL)

marcush.
marcush.

No .Schumi denied this .He did an outlap and a inlap to force the opponents to do a timed lap to jump ahead of him.No DRS needed.
They need fresh tyres to compensate for lack of absolute speed .Good move .worth at least 4 seconds in elapsed time overall.
Of course they need a good first lap and then carry the tyre far enough to compensate for their tyre deg.

ismail1991
ismail1991

Following closely button, he couldn't open the drs. He wasn't going slow. I think he was trying to make a lap time; nevertheless this is a superior strategy in this circumstances.

ismail1991
ismail1991

ismail1991 wrote:Following closely button, he couldn't open the drs. He wasn't going slow. I think he was trying to make a lap time; nevertheless this is a superior strategy in this circumstances.
Then, I am mistaken. Actually I tried to delete my message, but couldn't succeed. I don't mind if sb delete my message