Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
fynrd1
fynrd1

Re: Ferrari F2012

Forza wrote:Well If you look pictures again you can see 6 intakes, 6 exhaust pipes... The shape of an exhaust mainfold The Power/Torque /RPMs are somwhere in the region of what Ferrari F140A engine can produce.

Shell is problably using this dyno test image for promo.
Something like; This is what the engine would do with shell instead of agip? :lol:

superdread
superdread

Forza wrote:Well If you look at pictures again you can see 6 intakes, 6 exhaust pipes (its hard to tell because it's a thermal image)... The shape of an exhaust mainfold The Power/Torque /RPMs are somwhere in the region of what Ferrari F140 (enzo)engine can produce. The shape of an exhaust manifold is similar (even if it could be custom made) and the position of shafts are identical.

Shell is problably using this dyno test image just for promo.
Damn, I didn't even expect something as mundane as a road engine.

ElRebelde
ElRebelde

Vanja #66 wrote:This is how things stand before Singapore GP... I'd really like to know who used what in Singapore, could be a good indication for some thngs.

This talk isn't really related to F2012, however, Ferrari has an advantage concerning engines. They still have two new ones (+ Spa and Monza engines), for 6 races left, while McLaren are going to have to scrape for leftovers of those 3 they can use (new one + Spa and Monza engines)... All teams that use Ferrari 056 have an advantage, save Kamui. Alonso is in best position, because his Spa engine (#5) has only seen action in FP3 and Q, a bit of fortune in that misfortune. My guess is that engine will be important in Texas, because of its first corner climb, and also quite long straight. With any luck, Alonso will win his WDC there. :D

Taken from http://www.vivaf1.com/reliability.php?featuretabs=1 I assume

Vanja #66

Obviously... I'm not the one who made the screen-shot, I directed it from another serbian F1 website, I think that image is hosted...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Crabbia
Crabbia

Looking through that site confirms that the F2012 is the most reliable car of the 2012 season so far. Only two non finishes and both of them were due to collisions. No mechanical failures in a race at all.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

F1.Ru

beelsebob wrote:
superdread wrote:I suspect that it is a simulation tool to find the effect the fuel mixture has on the performance of the car.

Why is the HP/Nm-curve from 1.5k to 7.5k rpm? or is it 10k+x? (in the light, that idlespeed is above 4k rpm)

The small graph with all the colourful lines is titled "Low Fuel Performance vs. McLaren", but I have no idea what the axis represent (neither from labeling or the course of the lines).

Also it is from this year, as last year there was no Bahrain GP and track was different before.
It's not from this year, as as you will see from the map, it's the long Bahrain circuit, not the one that was raced this year.
+1, Here is a pic of Bahrain GP Long Circuit, you just have to rotate is to match the map on the alogoc Pic......... :D

Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Analysis of the Singapore RW that didn't work.

via AutoSport

Old Wing that was used after new one failed

Other Singapore updates included new tweaked FW & front brake ducts, all which worked successfully.

Old RW(notice distance between end plate louvers & RW flaps)

New RW(notice same distance)

superdread
superdread

What I think they tried is to move the endplate vortex reducing elements further outwards. The multi-element part right next to the endplates is gone, so are the leading edge dips at the sides.
To replace their effect the louvers have been massively increased (could this bring problems with sideways flow in the corners?), the endplate cutouts after the main wing are enlarged and the leading edge cutouts are back (now round).
The ridge on top of the endplate, behind the wing, is now gone, to a rather minor effect, I presume.

But I'm not quite sure why the middle of the wing has a higher camber (could be to alleviate the disruption of the DRS pod, or to increase downforce in that area).

And the monkey seat has got a gurney flap now.

Richard
Richard

Discussion of RRA and wind tunnels has been split into its own topic. :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13528

Car threads are the most strictly moderated on this forum. They should be focussed on discussion of the actual features of the car.

PlatinumZealot

This wing looks rushed to me.

πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

superdread
superdread

n smikle wrote:This wing looks rushed to me.
Why?

Granted, the straight louvers look crude, but given their higher density this might be the most efficient way to stack them.

alogoc
alogoc

I have soooo much technical rumors for Suzuka! 8)
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

radosav
radosav

alogoc wrote:I have soooo much technical rumors for Suzuka! 8)
jel nagnut motor?
what are they?

wesley123
wesley123

radosav wrote:
alogoc wrote:I have soooo much technical rumors for Suzuka! 8)
jel nagnut motor?
what are they?
Please, not again...
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

PlatinumZealot

Stepped nose pistons?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028