Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Kiril Varbanov

Re: Ferrari F2012

Mazdaboy wrote:Hmmm... (use google translate)

http://f1-live.hu/hirek/hirajanlo/57264 ... jabb_vita/
There's a separate topic for the "wing matter" and whether Ferrari have complained.

I would expect to see the car setup as in UK or Spa, simply because the tracks are similar to some extent.

ffangio
ffangio

minosse wrote:
Actually the article isn't about new Brembos on F2012. It's more about the latest key area in the development of F1 carbon brakes (the aerodynamic importance of the 'cooling' holes). It also has some considerations about different braking styles between drivers.
Not so much info in my opinion :)
It always amazes me that they end up with different hole patterns. Ferrari seem to change them all the time. WHY?!!
So confused! Surely more porous = better?

amouzouris

yes indeed..more holes = better cooling

http://technicalf1explained.blogspot.co ... discs.html

more updates from signapore to follow

superdread
superdread

But they don't always want the maximal cooling, in order to keep the brakes at higher temperature on the long straits, making them more responsive.

medeni73
medeni73

First photo I could find:

f1316
f1316

It's interesting that this article states:

"It is believed that the new rear wing itself worked but Ferrari were unfortunate to bring only one version of their endplates with the new vertical gills placed below the endplates attached that help with the extraction of air from the diffuser. That is probably what didn't work and they had to revert to the old version that was raced in Hungary."

Everything else I've read simply says the wing did not work as expected, and this seemed to be led to all the talk of wind tunnels being closed etc. If it did, in fact, work as expected, then there's no reason to assume there's any data correlation issue with the wind tunnel....so I'm confused.... #-o

amouzouris

f1316 wrote:
It's interesting that this article states:

"It is believed that the new rear wing itself worked but Ferrari were unfortunate to bring only one version of their endplates with the new vertical gills placed below the endplates attached that help with the extraction of air from the diffuser. That is probably what didn't work and they had to revert to the old version that was raced in Hungary."

Everything else I've read simply says the wing did not work as expected, and this seemed to be led to all the talk of wind tunnels being closed etc. If it did, in fact, work as expected, then there's no reason to assume there's any data correlation issue with the wind tunnel....so I'm confused.... #-o
as my article states, I believe that the correlation problem was with the vertical gills...they didnt work as expected but ferrari didnt bring 2 versions of the new endplates..the brought only one with both the new vertical gills and the gills above the main plane of the new rear wing. so they couldn't use the new rear wing because of the vertical gills...there is a problem with the windtunnel that is unfortunately not yet resolved..

alogoc
alogoc

deleted
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

bhall
bhall

What are we hiding here?

amouzouris

intergrated..

Spankyham

bhallg2k wrote:What are we hiding here?
That Stefano Domenicali is taking Felipe's seat?
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari

Lastonedown
Lastonedown

Spankyham wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:What are we hiding here?
That Stefano Domenicali is taking Felipe's seat?
Not really :lol:

amouzouris

I dont think its domenically in there..

smhasan7
smhasan7

Experts - Pls answer my daft question that I've longed to ask for quite some time now.

What's worked so good or worked as expected with the Ferrari nose this year that they haven't made any design change unlike Mclaren, we've seen RBR fiddling with it and most recently Williams, think that was Singapore. It was rumoured that we were working on a different nose but ever since the debut back in Jan, the nose of the car has remained exactly the same, wonder what's so spot on with it?