Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Hail22

Re: Ferrari F2012

Anyone else notice the revised Singapore wing during FP2?

Quite a bulge where the beam wing is...Does anyone feel they may be testing a passive beam wing? (dominated by chemical fluid reaction based on pressure hitting against the beam which could either tilt the beam up or down ergo passive beam wing?).

Or a possible housing for the DDRS unit/tubes that Marc Gene was hinting at over two months ago?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

smhasan7
smhasan7

Ferrari need a DDRS critically since their race pace isn't bad, they can count on Alonso magic on Sunday and also now that the Mclaren's aren't flying possibly because their frong wings aren't flexing. But even Alonso can't make our car 1s quicker on Saturday therefore a DDRS would be a massive help, will give us some more top speed while allowing us to add more DF. And what's more it's allowed for next year(Mercedes one is banned) so the development can be carried forward to f2013.

If Ferrari can't keep up in the development race, then I fear the championship might already be over, we had some buffer but the wunderkid wiped it all out. He's taken full advantage of Alonso's misfortunes, erased 20 points in Spa, took out another 10 in Singapore and took full advantage in Suzuka. It's not really down to RB8, it's just down to the German since Webber isn't doing the same magic in that car. Wish Fernando's title challenger was the Aussie grit.

alogoc
alogoc

F2012 Japan updates(Italian)

http://i47.tinypic.com/famu4w.png
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

f1316
f1316

smhasan7 wrote:...what's more it's allowed for next year(Mercedes one is banned) so the development can be carried forward to f2013.
I'm pretty sure it's not allowed for next year, since it creates a secondary effect from the DRS. The Lotus "device" would, so far, be allowed, but it doesn't seem to work and, if it does, it's possible they may still decide to ban it.

aral
aral

Hail22 wrote:Anyone else notice the revised Singapore wing during FP2?

Quite a bulge where the beam wing is...Does anyone feel they may be testing a passive beam wing? (dominated by chemical fluid reaction based on pressure hitting against the beam which could either tilt the beam up or down ergo passive beam wing?).

Or a possible housing for the DDRS unit/tubes that Marc Gene was hinting at over two months ago?
A tilting beam wing would be illegal! The bulge, as you put it, seems to be just to provide a clean, aerodynamic connection between end plate and beam wing

alogoc
alogoc

THE F2012!

jonaliew
jonaliew

Pat Fry
"I think looking back at recent races, we have been bringing small updates to every race, even if we made a few small errors in Singapore, but we worked out what they were and sorted them out in time for Japan. When you have a constant drive for performance, you need to take some risks and there will be four small updates on the car in Korea, with more significant changes in the races after that."
4 small updates? I wonder what they are.

And more significant changes? Wasn't that what was promised for Singapore but didn't work well? :? I hope those will work and that it helps Alonso win the championship.

Kiril Varbanov

Wings for Korea:

alogoc
alogoc

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Wings for Korea:

According to AMuS Ferrari will bring Magny Course spec FW/nose whit revised pillars!
THE F2012!

bhall
bhall

[image]

Based upon what I've seen on the RB8, and the now-public knowledge that it has a blown beam wing, I believe the F2012 has a passively blown beam wing and has for quite some time now. There are pictures somewhere within this thread that show the beam wing with apertures identical to those found on the RB8, and they also depict a duct that enters the beam wing from the engine cover.

amouzouris

can you elaborate or explain further, with some photos as well?

alogoc
alogoc

bhallg2k wrote:

[image]

Based upon what I've seen on the RB8, and the now-public knowledge that it has a blown beam wing, I believe the F2012 has a passively blown beam wing and has for quite some time now. There are pictures somewhere within this thread that show the beam wing with apertures identical to those found on the RB8, and they also depict a duct that enters the beam wing from the engine cover.
Even if true it's not as near efective as RB8!
THE F2012!

bhall
bhall

amouzouris wrote:can you elaborate or explain further, with some photos as well?
I went through 200 pages of this thread, and I cannot find the picture I have in mind. So, maybe I just invented it?

But, here's the duct to which I referred.
alogoc wrote:Even if true it's not as near efective as RB8!
If true, it's passive, not active like the RB8, which means it will be legal next year.

amouzouris

That duct you are referring to was there from the beginning of the season

bhall
bhall

I know. That's why I said I think they've had it for a while now.