Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Kiril Varbanov

Re: Ferrari F2012

Redragon wrote:By the pictures, Alonso was running different RW on second practice.
This one, I suppose, very close shot with the tape that covers the "something" ...

Hail22

Kiril Varbanov wrote:
Redragon wrote:By the pictures, Alonso was running different RW on second practice.
This one, I suppose, very close shot with the tape that covers the "something" ...

Could be covering the hole to the DRD unit...its a long shot.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

alogoc
alogoc

Hail22 wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:

Could be covering the hole to the DRD unit...its a long shot.

Scarbs says is nothing it just for main plate adjustment because Korea can give a good lap time whit low and high downforce setup!

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1
@f1talks @tgruener that's the wing adjuster slots, korea can provide similar laptime with high or low DF so a lot of adjustment in the wing
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

shelly
shelly

on twitter @joseluis FA reports thet Massimo Rivola has confirmed tha ferrari is testing a super-drs /double drs.

There are two groups of slots: the slots near the mainplane are for vertical adjustment of the wing, as scarbs says, but there are other details to look at, like the taped slot near the flap in the above picture. We will see if later on a flap with vertical endplates will be mounted
twitter: @armchair_aero

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Chat with Rivola
-updates working so far ok.
-studying super drs, but it's hard to implement, he doesn't think we will see it soon. (I think he said they are working on it, but I'm not 100% sure).
-race pace good in both tyres.
-Felipe and Fernando share all the data and they work well together.
-Prediction for the race?, podium.
-They don't have rules for social media, they have chats with both drivers about the things they can publish (confidential info) but both drivers are mature enough to know what to do.
-Happy with Felipe's performance lately. He had bad luck in many races.

markp
markp

Could old wing mirror mounting be fot visability reasons. No point in having a small gain if what happened at the start in Japan with Alonso can be avoided with old mirror mounts?

aleks_ader

shelly wrote:The footplate curved leading edge has benne there from this summer
Thx! Ups I miss that! I gona check this out! :wink:
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

amouzouris

apart from the new fin on the front brake ducts and maybe the 'new' rear wing...what are the other 2-3 updates brought in Korea??

Kiril Varbanov

amouzouris wrote:apart from the new fin on the front brake ducts and maybe the 'new' rear wing...what are the other 2-3 updates brought in Korea??
I think I saw a picture of some Vortex Generators over the sidepods, and front wing pylons? Also, there was an image floating around with the underside of the front wing, which I think now features less strakes, but I can't be sure, as I can't find the old pictures. So, roughly, there are 4 updates ...

amouzouris

Do you mean the vortex generators below the wing mirrors?

SEBA_406
SEBA_406

Forza wrote:Screenshot from Saturday at Japan

Great picture, I´m always interested in the screens that we can see into garages and pitwall.

What does mean those numbers that appears in this picture?

Thanks!

Lastonedown
Lastonedown

They use NEC screens instead of ones from Acer :lol:

Great pic nice to see some data!

f300v10
f300v10

Nice flow fiz of the front brake duct.

Redragon

Marc Gene on Antena 3 spanish tv who owns F1 rights on Spain, said one of the updates for this race were the rear brake ducts. So that might be the other update to count. Checking for pictures.

godlameroso

This as well as the internal aerodynamics are basically the only areas of an F1 car that are basically deregulated. I think the wheel air tunnels as how air flows through and around the chassis is the most important area of development. Especially for top teams that have well sorted suspensions, and braking systems.
Saishū kōnā