Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
diffuser

Re: Ferrari F2012

[quote="shelly"]I read on another forum that in korea massa has used a new engine, while alonso had an used one.
Can anyone confirm

There was a link, in this forum a while back that showed the engines used.
Here it is

http://www.vivaf1.com/reliability.php?featuretabs=1

Basically cause of Alonzo's forced early exits, He has 2 almost new engine to complete the season.

hendrix
hendrix

diffuser wrote:I've been expecting something big to come out of the young drivers test. I figured they would have collected enough information to confirm or deny what they've been seeing in the tunnel. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a large update in India.

Its getting late into the season. It now or never. Otherwise, we'll just be praying for rain!

You must pray a lot mate! New Delhi, Abu Dhabi and Texas need a lot of prays to see the rain!

Nico
Nico

What happned to the much anticipated Rory Byrne floor? It was supposed to have "some holes" in it
it was supposed to be the begin all and end all of F1 floors? It was said that Byrne is like kryptonite to Newey. Was all this just Ferrari hype or too much lemoncello.

diffuser

yep, better they release a big upgrade that works for India.

Spankyham

I don't see the need to rush into any radical/major upgrades. What I got from Korea was, on a supposedly unfriendly circuit, the F2012 was clearly the 2nd fastest car and, was only fractionally behind the RB. What's more, the F2012 was clearly the best car in terms of tire management.

I'd rather see the team refine what we have and get the setup exactly right for each of the remaining races. Of course upgrades that have been or are in the pipeline and the team has confidence in from previous testing etc should be added.

In short, the F2012, in its present iteration, is good enough to beat any car if we get the setup right and don't have any more bad luck.
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari

godlameroso

shelly wrote:I read on another forum that in korea massa has used a new engine, while alonso had an used one.
Can anyone confirm /rectify this?
I think that massa was running with a lower downforce level compared to alonso.
Strange to see that, as last year, it is korea where massa performs better in comparison with alonso. What do kprea and turkey circuit have in common?
They're counter clockwise like Interlagos?
Saishū kōnā

diffuser

Spankyham wrote:I don't see the need to rush into any radical/major upgrades. What I got from Korea was, on a supposedly unfriendly circuit, the F2012 was clearly the 2nd fastest car and, was only fractionally behind the RB. What's more, the F2012 was clearly the best car in terms of tire management.

I'd rather see the team refine what we have and get the setup exactly right for each of the remaining races. Of course upgrades that have been or are in the pipeline and the team has confidence in from previous testing etc should be added.

In short, the F2012, in its present iteration, is good enough to beat any car if we get the setup right and don't have any more bad luck.

Well, If 3 wins in a row doesn't tell you who's going to win if things don't change, I'm not sure what will. It's pretty much a 2 horse race (well 1 horse and 1 bull). With the DDRS Red bull is gonna stay at the front of the Qualifying pack and reduce the chance of incident. The only thing you have left is reliability but if RB wins 3 of the next 4 race and the car dies in the 4th.....well, they're gonna win. Also Hamilton Still seems very fast, even though he was a little slower in Korea than Alonso, there is the off chance he'll come between the bulls and the horse in future races and further complicate Alonzo's title prospects.

Kiril Varbanov

shelly wrote:I read on another forum that in korea massa has used a new engine, while alonso had an used one.
Can anyone confirm /rectify this?
While vivaf1.com is great site, there's a note down there that it derives its data from TV commentary, which only reflects the seals removed by FIA from those units - the internal mix of which engine is used where and how many kilometers had on it is not actually revealed, which is understandable.

Due to the two DNF that Alonso has had, he may have a bit of advantage, but honestly, it's hard to tell yet.

Both Ferrari cars were not that far away in terms of race pace (compared to Webber), but if they want the title (Alonso), small updates won't help them at this stage of the championship.

alogoc
alogoc

Ok,this is from another forum(@thescuderianet) i really don't know how reaible it is but is something to give hope anyway!

I got some infos and these are coming from a serious source you can trust me.We now plannig to bring a new exhaust which was created for 2013 basic but it will effect a lot this year's car if it works.But team has some suspecious on durability.It needs to be more resistance.Also Shell our parter is preparing a new oil which is aimed to get 1hp and engine power and some reliability.One more thing about Shell oil is it will reduce the fuel consumption. And this info says Ferrari made an application to ban Red Bull's flexi wing but as all we knew they couldnt do it even tests.So Ferrari had tried to copy but so far they failed.DDRS is another device will be tested and finally a new floor entegreted to new exhaust concept and tihgter diffuser.I forgot to say the new front wing.Ferrari tyring to get ready a flexi wing like Red Bull right now.Thats all i know.

any thoughts? :)
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

aral
aral

alogoc wrote:Ok,this is from another forum(@thescuderianet) i really don't know how reaible it is but is something to give hope anyway!

I got some infos and these are coming from a serious source you can trust me.We now plannig to bring a new exhaust which was created for 2013 basic but it will effect a lot this year's car if it works.But team has some suspecious on durability.It needs to be more resistance.Also Shell our parter is preparing a new oil which is aimed to get 1hp and engine power and some reliability.One more thing about Shell oil is it will reduce the fuel consumption. And this info says Ferrari made an application to ban Red Bull's flexi wing but as all we knew they couldnt do it even tests.So Ferrari had tried to copy but so far they failed.DDRS is another device will be tested and finally a new floor entegreted to new exhaust concept and tihgter diffuser.I forgot to say the new front wing.Ferrari tyring to get ready a flexi wing like Red Bull right now.Thats all i know.

This comment was made about three races ago! We are still waiting.

Ferrari2183
Ferrari2183

gilgen wrote:
alogoc wrote:Ok,this is from another forum(@thescuderianet) i really don't know how reaible it is but is something to give hope anyway!

This comment was made about three races ago! We are still waiting.
Yeah, it is the same story. This was supposed to be part of the Singapore package but apparently during the young drivers test Ferrari discovered that their wind tunnel was fibbing again. It is very telling that the team have reverted to Canada specification floors and flow conditioners around the side pods.

I'm still of the opinion that the Ferrari wind tunnel should be bulldozed and a new more advanced one built in its place. Minus the 45 degree incline of course.

alogoc
alogoc

todays Autosprit speaks of new exhaust as well,also a straight line in Variano will take place to test it!
THE F2012!

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Like Alogc said, Autosprint say that Ferrari will have :
-New exhaust
-They will have a straight line speed test at Vairano
-New wings

aleks_ader

I can confirm the exhaust bit but not anything else.
Just rumor...

1st Anyway F2012 needs DDRs sys to improve car performance... Their intergration souldnt be problem (or? Tombazis is a good aerodynamics and Jordan is a good composite designer so the endplate/beamwing tuneling shouldt to much efect on rear wing strength)... That will drasticaly help in their neat slim coke bottle area and help to extract more air around sidepods and consequently over it. Also reducing some drag in that area (medium high pressure area feeded by additional high pressure) and help to ajust the optimal aero balace...

Ferrari for last 4 races dont have enough time for major udates or changes.. So in my opinion their biggest area on potencial improvmend lies in 2 nd front wing which seem to be slighty unsufisticated in terms of "rough" endplate design... They need to improve the downwash efect and coresponding to DDRS adapt front wing design...

And on mehanical area of the car they need to lit bid investigation where lies problem (Singapure bad performance clearly shown that, 3rd car)... They loose a lot performance on traction from slow corners (2nd/3rd gear)... Maybe to that contribute a lit bit unagresive "blown map". Who knows their are million of reasons witch contribute to bad or suberb car performance...

Their race pace also seems pretty good but not good enough to equal battle with bulls...

Pat Fry and co& had huge chalenge and at a momment I do not want to be in their skin..
Last edited by aleks_ader on 16 Oct 2012, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

alogoc
alogoc

THE F2012!