COTA Austin - construction and infrastructure

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

What do you think of the prospect of a USGP 2012 at Austin Texas

Good thinking. Place has good infra structure and nice climate in winter.
47%
Not good as it has no motor sport tradition in the US.
9%
I will wait to see how it will shape up.
36%
I don't care.
9%

Total votes: 269

strad

Re: 2012 US GP to be held in Austin

And you both know that when you talk about a Chevy or a Ford you call them American cars,,,Not United States cars. Get real.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Pup
Pup

beelsebob wrote:Actually, the southern most tip of america is at about 55° south, the northernmost at about 83° north. That makes the middle 14° north, that line goes through nicaraguar, honduras, el salvador and guatamala.
As you know, my primary purpose for posting here is to be corrected. :lol:

beelsebob
beelsebob

strad wrote:And you both know that when you talk about a Chevy or a Ford you call them American cars,,,Not United States cars. Get real.
Notably though, not Americas cars ;)

Richard
Richard

Apparently ....
The exact geographical center of the Americas is located in Siguatepeque, Honduras.
http://www.thegroupscompany.com/destina ... e-americas

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Important ticket info just released:

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=420 ... 0b18e4db26
Ticket Delivery
Tickets will be shipped on October 22, 2012 via FedEx 2-Day Express Mail.
If your address is a P.O. BOX it will be sent to you via USPS Priority mail.
The tickets will be mailed by FedEx for your convenience. Your signature will not be required to receive the tickets.
In the event that your address on file has changed or is incorrect, your tickets will not be mailed at the date above and will be sent out at a later date.
Please contact us directly at 512-301-6600 to make any necessary changes to your contact information.
Will Call
If you prefer to pick up your tickets in Austin the week of the race, we will be making your tickets available at our Will Call pickup area in our downtown Austin office beginning Monday, November 12, 2012.

Our office is located at 301 Congress Avenue Suite 210, Austin, TX 78701.

Our pickup hours begin Monday, November 12, and are as follows:
Monday–Wednesday from 10 A.M. to 6 P.M.
Thursday–Friday from 10 A.M. to 8 P.M.
Saturday from 10 A.M. to 6 P.M.
Sunday: Any remaining Will Call tickets not picked up by Sunday will be at the Grand Plaza Ticket Booth at Circuit of The Americas.
Please keep in mind that failure to pick up your tickets before Sunday means that you WILL NOT have access to the complimentary shuttle and transportation to the circuit must be made on your own accord.

A photo ID will be required to pick up your tickets.

Only the person whose name the account is under will be able to pick up the tickets.

You will have the entire business week of the race (Monday through Saturday) to pick up your tickets and/or parking passes.

PLEASE REPLY ASAP IF YOU PREFER YOUR TICKETS BE AT WILL CALL.

Complimentary Shuttle
Shuttle location is at the Travis County Expo Center: 7311 Decker Ln.
For those who have not purchased on-site parking, please keep in mind that you will receive a complimentary shuttle to and from the circuit with your tickets. The tickets must be in your possession in advance to gain admittance to the shuttle and circuit.
No pedestrians or bicyclists, with or without a ticket, or vehicles without the proper credentials will be admitted into the circuit.
Please refer to our website for any questions.

Thank you again for your cooperation and interest in the FORMULA 1™ UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX. We look forward to seeing you in November.

Sincerely,

COTA Ticket Office
Follow me on twitter @Austin_F1 ...

thearmofbarlow
thearmofbarlow

If you're from Honduras you don't say "I'm American!", because you're from Honduras. They're Honduran (at least in English). Guatemala? Guatemalan. You use the name of your country, not continent.

Last edited by Richard on 16 Oct 2012, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rants deleted

Nando
Nando

? I honestly can´t believe how you wrecked yourself in one post.
I mean seriously, did you not see the contradiction you just did?

America is NOT a country. Never have been never will be. America is two continents in the western Hemisphere.
US Citizens or US Americans is the correct term. Not "I´m American" as you so nicely pointed out in your illogical post.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Richard
Richard

ahem - The conversation is based on the name "Circuit of the Americas". Note the plural and use of the definitive article.

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Moto GP & Aussie V8s tickets on sale now:

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=420 ... 0b18e4db26

Like I mentioned a while back, the V8s will be running the abbreviated version of the COTA circuit:

Pup
Pup

Nando wrote:? I honestly can´t believe how you wrecked yourself in one post.
I mean seriously, did you not see the contradiction you just did?

America is NOT a country. Never have been never will be. America is two continents in the western Hemisphere.
US Citizens or US Americans is the correct term. Not "I´m American" as you so nicely pointed out in your illogical post.
Come on, Nando. Just do a google search for "de las Américas" and you'll see that it's a very common phrase that's used all over both continents for all kinds of businesses that have nothing to do with anything outside their respective countries.

But, hey, this one is in the US, so let's all cry about it. :roll:

turbof1

Oh common! Even though a moderator stepped in, this off topic discussion is still going?
#AeroFrodo

Pup
Pup

Stepped in, or joined in? :wink:

Richard
Richard

Nothing wrong with a touch of banter while we wait for updates on the track construction. Its on topic (the circuit name), has a technical approach (as opposed to emotive or trolling), and is not getting in the way of any technical conversation.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll have something more weighty to discuss soon and the geographic implications of the name will be a mere footnote in a huge thread.

I suppose we could focus on the technical spec for that red paint, what's is the RAL number? Is it spray paint? I'd expect it to be a thermoplastic or perhaps an epoxy coating. It's certainly not one of those high grip finishes we've been seeing in run off areas recently.

WhiteBlue

Pup wrote:Stepped in, or joined in? :wink:
I hate to give points to PUP but he deserves +1 for that. This American bickering is a bit tie tiring to us old worlders.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

New COTA aerial photo: