Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
amouzouris

Re: Ferrari F2012

Nando wrote:Plus one on that, i know how "long" these paintings take, not hours but still quite a lot for what is basically a couple of lines, even with pen tool.

Looks pretty cool with that exhaust i have to say :)
Thank you!

I think it suits the car! :D

WhiteBlue

godlameroso wrote:They're counter clockwise like Interlagos?
Sure enough the Korea Yeongam circuit is counter clock wise as a quick look at the opening post of the race thread reveals. I don't think it has any implications on the competitiveness of the F2012 though. The composition of the sectors is probably much more important and we can assume that it suited the Ferrari more than the Red Bull. Many details in the F2012 and RB8 threads indicate that effectively both cars had very little development change from Japan. The higher competitiveness of the F2012 suggest that the circuit suited them better which the length of the straights makes an obvious proposition. The Red Bull cannot exploit a downforce advantage in fast corners if there aren't enough of them compared to sectors with long straits.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Nando
Nando

amouzouris wrote:I think it suits the car! :D
Agree! :)

Hopefully it´s more then a rumor. Would be awesome to see this type of exhaust on the Ferrari.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

alogoc
alogoc

raymondu999 wrote:I'm not too sure. It seems like quite a big conceptual change rather than just an implementation change, and they'd waste more time tuning it - time they could use to do up setups for a better qualifying and race instead. Of course on the long run the new exhaust would probably pay out (if they saw fit to change to it in the first place) but in the context of the current title hunt, not sure.

Red Bull of late have really stepped up their game and shown that they have a capability of relentless development - since Singapore they've brought updates to all 3 races, and they've all seemingly worked at first go. If a team with that development capacity had trouble developing and actually getting this tunnel system to work in the first place - what of the Ferrari with their ailing CFD and windtunnel facilities?
first of all the development started in Monza and second Canada spec exhaust didnt need any tuning at all!
but i understand your concern over this! :D
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

diffuser

amouzouris wrote:
Nando wrote:Plus one on that, i know how "long" these paintings take, not hours but still quite a lot for what is basically a couple of lines, even with pen tool.

Looks pretty cool with that exhaust i have to say :)
Thank you!

I think it suits the car! :D
Really appreciate your drawing, they guys in the forum don't always highlight what they're talking about and i have problems visualizing. That isn't the case with your drawings.

diffuser

Holm86 wrote:
amouzouris wrote:i've just thought of something...autosprint says the new exhausts will look like the Red Bull ones...so about half the sidepod will be changed if it is true...if the new exhausts were indeed designed for the F2013 or what the car will be called next year..then to be compatible with this year's car then the cooling configuration must be very very similar...so is this a hint the oil cooler above the gearbox will be retained? i thought that they would go back to a regular configuration for next year for a lower center of gravity and better mechanical grip..
If the exhaust has anything to do with their 2013 car it will only be the concept wich is testet. Not the exact same exhaust as the 2013 car will have.
Agreed, next years car is next years car. Putting next years exhaust on this years car (depending on what they learn) will impact what next years exhaust might look like.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

WHAT ???

http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/10/18/massa ... -in-korea/

How the hell nobody had seen this ?

beelsebob
beelsebob

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:WHAT ???

Because it's bullshit...

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Yalla F1 said bullshit.

20 Minutos never said Massa had a new exhausts system, they just said Massa had some new component on his car, because Ferrari was not sure if these components were reliable, and for the championship one DNF for Alonso combined with a Vettel win it's the end for WDC hope.These new components tested by Massa during the race work very well.

Alonso will have these new elements for India AND Ferrari will have a RB style exhaust.

alogoc
alogoc

"Por otro lado, Ferrari prepara un completo paquete de mejoras para la India, entre ellas una evolución de los escapes similar a la que utiliza Red Bull. También perfeccionará el rendimiento de los alerones y trabaja a marchas forzadas en un doble DRS.

Estas piezas se están probando en el túnel de viento de Toyota (el de Maranello está estropeado) y con algunas ya se experimentó con éxito en Corea al montarlas en el coche de Felipe Massa. Alonso no las utilizó en Yeongam para no asumir riesgos."

It says Ferrari is planning a major update package for India including a RB style exhaust. Then it says some (updates) were successfully tested in Korea on Massa's car. It doesn't say Massa run a different exhaust layout than Alonso (because it is obvious from just looking at the car Massa run the same exhaust layout as Alonso, same layout they run in Japan, Singapore etc)
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

elFranZ

Isn't it funny how many RB8-style exhausts rumors are coming since Amouzouris published his idea?
8)

wesley123
wesley123

beelsebob wrote:
Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:WHAT ???

Because it's bullshit...
http://f.cl.ly/items/120p0x3q1n0x1k2S1U ... .15.49.png
They really need some glasses there, because the added image to the article even clearly shows there isnt a RB style exhaust applied :lol:
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

amouzouris

elFranZ wrote:Isn't it funny how many RB8-style exhausts rumors are coming since Amouzouris published his idea?
8)
i don't know if all these rumors are linked to my drawings..i clearly stated in my blog that it was just rumors..i hope they are not linked with me...

furthermore..it turns out it was a wrong translation..they said that Massa tried some parts...and then they said that ferrari might bring a new exhaust in india...

raymondu999

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm not sure why so many people are saying Ferrari will bring the RB8 style exhaust to their car.

It's not all roses and daisies with the exhaust - it probably adds quite a bit of drag with all the extra boundary layers, as well as choking at extreme high speeds. Lastly as with everything in Formula 1 - nothing this big ever works as a "bolt on," "just add water" type upgrade.

As I said earlier in the thread:
raymondu999 wrote:I'm not too sure. It seems like quite a big conceptual change rather than just an implementation change, and they'd waste more time tuning it - time they could use to do up setups for a better qualifying and race instead. Of course on the long run the new exhaust would probably pay out (if they saw fit to change to it in the first place) but in the context of the current title hunt, not sure.

Red Bull of late have really stepped up their game and shown that they have a capability of relentless development - since Singapore they've brought updates to all 3 races, and they've all seemingly worked at first go. If a team with that development capacity had trouble developing and actually getting this tunnel system to work in the first place - what of the Ferrari with their ailing CFD and windtunnel facilities?
To add on, even though their current exhaust was raced the first time it appeared at a race weekend, it had the luxury of 3 days of testing at Mugello.

As for Massa's exhaust in Korea... this is one of those moments you're grateful you kept a 720p copy of the race. (You can right click and view image for the full 720p glory

Here:

Here's another angle, where you can clearly see daylight under the exhaust (indicating there is no tunnel):
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

aral
aral

Why can we not discuss what is actually on the car, rather than start rumours etc?

Anybody can start a rumour and try to show something to try and prove their theory.

It is only natural for others to copy an idea seen on another car, and try to see how it works, but it is usually about an entire package.