Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
remix
remix

Re: Ferrari F2012

Alonso dont has a black strip on his helmet--> 100 % photoshop. The black sticker scuderia ferrari is normal red so also the black strip is normally red :))))

alogoc
alogoc

mx_tifoso wrote:
f@natic wrote:Agreed,I call BS on this one.Ferrari had Davide Rigon helping with the test and unless he lost his helmet he would have had no reason driving with Alonso's.....
Are you guys serious? That is a random picture of Alonso during a GP weekend, but with the car done in black in photoshop. So no, it is not from a straightline test or anything similar.

Last week's straightline test was done with Davide Rigon in Spain... in a red car.

And I'll be darned if Alonso let some rookie use his famous helmet. A helmet is an identity as a driver and a persona for most of these guys.
actually there was 3 tests in just a few days!last one was yesterday!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

raymondu999

3 tests? Are you not limited to 4? They used up 3 in one go? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

F1.Ru

raymondu999 wrote:3 tests? Are you not limited to 4? They used up 3 in one go? :?
IIRC they already used 1 straight line test before spanish gp, so they have only 3 test remaining. If they used 3 test in this sort of quick succession then i think that something is cooking in Maranello........................... :mrgreen:
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

raymondu999

If they used 3 in quick succession, they BETTER have something cooking... lol
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

Just to clarify something as I've noticed a few people lost.

The photo of David Rigon is from the Magny Cours young driver test.

There were no photos/spy shots taken of the F2012 12.5 Chassis that was tested at Idiada, reason for this?

Just like what they did at Fiorano they placed black tarp and at elevated sections they even erected temporary scaffolding/platforms to preventing people to peak inside the circuit.

Ferrari are very intelligent, what better place to test their car...high amount of bush/scrub around the track to keep it private and the FIA merely signed off on the test, no observers were known to of been there except for the main technical work group.

Shell has tested a new hydraulic fluid and new engine oil compound...Will the hydraulic fluid be that of the massive rumored Mercedes Mercury system? I highly doubt it but lets just wait and see shall we? :)

Oh and Alonso does do test runs with Ferrari:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aok_Iouv9M8&feature=plcp[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Chuckjr

Was this video from the test just done? Maybe it's just me, but is the rearward suspension A arm for the front wheels mounted on the body at a lower point than before? I looked back to pics from the end of September in this forum and it looks like the A arm mounting point is an inch or two lower.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Hail22

Chuckjr wrote:Was this video from the test just done? Maybe it's just me, but is the rearward suspension A arm for the front wheels mounted on the body at a lower point than before? I looked back to pics from the end of September in this forum and it looks like the A arm mounting point is an inch or two lower.
That was a straight line test conducted on the 19th of July, just using it as an example that its not rare for Alonso to be driving during test runs/sessions.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

alogoc
alogoc

raymondu999 wrote:3 tests? Are you not limited to 4? They used up 3 in one go? :?
3 but word is one was very short for some reason so maybe they cancel it or something so it doesnt count!
i got this info from people that actually live there!
THE F2012!

aral
aral

Hail22 wrote:Just to clarify something as I've noticed a few people lost.

The photo of David Rigon is from the Magny Cours young driver test.

There were no photos/spy shots taken of the F2012 12.5 Chassis that was tested at Idiada, reason for this?

Just like what they did at Fiorano they placed black tarp and at elevated sections they even erected temporary scaffolding/platforms to preventing people to peak inside the circuit.

Ferrari are very intelligent, what better place to test their car...high amount of bush/scrub around the track to keep it private and the FIA merely signed off on the test, no observers were known to of been there except for the main technical work group.

Shell has tested a new hydraulic fluid and new engine oil compound...Will the hydraulic fluid be that of the massive rumored Mercedes Mercury system? I highly doubt it but lets just wait and see shall we? :)

Oh and Alonso does do test runs with Ferrari:
First of all, the photo was of Alonso, and someone just decided to photoshop the red, so as to create a bit of a mystery. And it wasnt even April 1st! (was Remix responsible?)

Secondly, there was never any such thing as the Mercedes mercury system (which was said to be in the suspension), again just someone stirring.

Finally, Shell could very well be creating a new hydraulic oil, ( not sure why? ) but it would have nothing to do with the suspension.

aleks_ader

Here is a nice article about F2012 greasing and hydraulic oil lubrication...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Hail22

gilgen wrote:
First of all, the photo was of Alonso, and someone just decided to photoshop the red, so as to create a bit of a mystery. And it wasnt even April 1st! (was Remix responsible?)
Yes there is that photo however someone has since deleted the photo/removed the img link as it was Rigon taking a left hand turn/corner...

Anyways I see the Gadus grease and Hydraulic fluid piece is floating around :)

Gilles Villeneuve

alogoc
alogoc

Today's Autosprint says that India update will be evolution rather than revolution,many small changes in all areas,all produced by Koln WT and comfirmed by straight line tests,and there will be a change to the exhaust!
Links tonight around 20h!
THE F2012!

Consider&Go
Consider&Go

alogoc wrote:Today's Autosprint says that India update will be evolution rather than revolution,many small changes in all areas,all produced by Koln WT and comfirmed by straight line tests,and there will be a change to the exhaust!
Hmm, i'm very dubious over this whole "change to the exhaust". I just don't see it happening.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

f1316
f1316

Consider&Go wrote:
alogoc wrote:Today's Autosprint says that India update will be evolution rather than revolution,many small changes in all areas,all produced by Koln WT and comfirmed by straight line tests,and there will be a change to the exhaust!
Hmm, i'm very dubious over this whole "change to the exhaust". I just don't see it happening.
Or it'll be the kind of "one degree to the left" change that is impossible to make out with the naked eye (but could actually make a decent difference)