Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
remix
remix

Re: Ferrari F2012

Marc Gené says the updates for India in Idiada conferms that Ferrari are in the just direction and that helps a lot.

and now, but:

you can not confirm 100% if the upgrades are 100% ok why it's not the same a Testtrack ( only straightlines permited) as a normal track like India.

He says also that Ferrari are very optimistic with the updates, no like the italian press who sayed ferrari wasn't happy with the Idiada Test.

im not sure but in the pics i see something new in the frontwing, im right?

saludos

Dream Theater

Usually the teams don't expose their latest upgrades on wednesday and on thursday.
We have to wait till FP1 to see something new, as usual.

amouzouris

Well..the front wing features the old cascade wings..i don't know if they are reverting back to older solutions again or if it is just a piece transferred in India from previous races..

diffuser

Thanks for that autosprint translation ...

We seem to have multipule sources pointing to minor changes for India .... but if that is true, why all the cloak and dagger ?

They did not want picturess taken at the straight line test...now the garage is being hidden at india ???

Guess we'll find out soon enough...

scuderiaF2012
scuderiaF2012

diffuser wrote:Thanks for that autosprint translation ...

We seem to have multipule sources pointing to minor changes for India .... but if that is true, why all the cloak and dagger ?

They did not want picturess taken at the straight line test...now the garage is being hidden at india ???

Guess we'll find out soon enough...

maybe we'll show up with a car that is SUPER fast....one die hard FERRARI fan can only hope... [-o< [-o<

diffuser

Gene says here http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=157 several minor upgrades that add up to .2 -.4 per lap.

Kiril Varbanov

While I have always been against evaluating components with "X fraction of seconds per lap" at this early point I see nothing new with the stuff shown on the pictures in my previous post.
Having in mind the India customs, I would rather assume that this is the "backup" in case the newer parts are late to the party.
If there are new parts, at all.

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Consider&Go
Consider&Go

TheGkbrk wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:...

Isn't the exhaust same as before?
What did you expect? If there's anything new, somehow I don't think they'd leave it on display in front of the garage.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

godlameroso

diffuser wrote:Gene says here http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=157 several minor upgrades that add up to .2 -.4 per lap.
Well, if you add Alonso's six tents we could see them neck and neck with any other leading car, possibly ahead.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

godlameroso wrote:
diffuser wrote:Gene says here http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=157 several minor upgrades that add up to .2 -.4 per lap.
Well, if you add Alonso's six tents we could see them neck and neck with any other leading car, possibly ahead.
Why haven't they deployed the 6 tenths until now? :P
Last edited by raymondu999 on 25 Oct 2012, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

Kiril Varbanov wrote:While I have always been against evaluating components with "X fraction of seconds per lap" at this early point I see nothing new with the stuff shown on the pictures in my previous post.
Having in mind the India customs, I would rather assume that this is the "backup" in case the newer parts are late to the party.
If there are new parts, at all.
Remember, the modifications may be a few millimeters simply to optimize the package they already have. That along with more setup data could yield all the pace they need. We saw in Korea that the Ferrari was about .3 a lap slower, so if they've clawed that back through small tweaks and optimizations great. Let's see if Vettle crumbles like feta cheese under pressure.
Saishū kōnā

ten_marco
ten_marco

First picture car mounted almost to India.

http://www.auto.it/images/auto/94/C_3_M ... _fullw.jpg

At least the nose of the car which said it was modified, I see nothing more

:mrgreen:

ten_marco
ten_marco

First picture car mounted almost to India.

At least the nose of the car which said it was modified, I see nothing more

remix
remix

hi are theses aero components at the breaks new??