Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Ozan
Ozan

Re: Ferrari F2012

any pictures about the new diffuser on ferrari ?

PABLOEING
PABLOEING

FA ‏@joseluisf1
"Ferrari is expected to introduce new parts in the upcoming Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, which will be put on both the drivers’ cars."

aral
aral

PABLOEING wrote:FA ‏@joseluisf1
"Ferrari is expected to introduce new parts in the upcoming Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, which will be put on both the drivers’ cars."
Read Tombas post below. Rumours mean nothing, and anyway, all teams will be bringing new parts. It is all part of the season.

Redragon

PABLOEING wrote:FA ‏@joseluisf1
I don't understand this club @joseluisf1 fans, he doesn't say anything in his tweet. Everyone knows they will bring new parts to Abu Dhabi as it has been confirm by Ferrari and after Massa interview saying he didn't have the same package as Alonso in India but he will have in Abu Dhabi as they have the time to produce it, it is obvious that both will have same package.

I like rumours too but to post something vague like this it is just absurd.

The Moderator

Ozan wrote:any pictures about the new diffuser on ferrari ?
last one used in India on Alonso car

Ozan
Ozan

The Moderator wrote:
last one used in India on Alonso car
thanks for the picture, I wonder how it affects the rear-downforce, also does it have similar effect to the one on the MercedesGP car?

The Moderator

Ozan wrote:
The Moderator wrote:
thanks for the picture, I wonder how it affects the rear-downforce, also does it have similar effect to the one on the MercedesGP car?
the one that Alonso used is the same of Masa one, the differences shown by 1&2 on the image below

aral
aral

The Moderator wrote:
the one that Alonso used is the same of Masa one, the differences shown by 1&2 on the image below
The site you took that image from (without acknowledgment) clearly states that Alonso alone had the new diffuser. Every other site has also confirmed that Alonso and Massa were running different updates.

Hail22

A big thank you to Piola Animations for posting this animation showing how the foot operated DRS works:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ywjFDjDsW0[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Caito
Caito

Hail22 wrote:A big thank you to Piola Animations for posting this animation showing how the foot operated DRS works:

How accurate is that?

I don't think they have to keep the DRS pedal pressed, else it would delay brake pedal application.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Kiril Varbanov

The diffuser change compared to the other version is fairly small, it features just new forming in the central channel. I can't possibly know just what the effect might be, but Alonso was very competitive race pace-wise.

The slot gap between the Gurney flap and the diffuser's trailing edge has been increased for that race, too, but that's a parameter, really, so alterations are normal.

Holm86

Caito wrote:
Hail22 wrote:A big thank you to Piola Animations for posting this animation showing how the foot operated DRS works:

How accurate is that?

I don't think they have to keep the DRS pedal pressed, else it would delay brake pedal application.

Thats the whole point of this system. You let go of the DRS pedal before you press the brake pedal.
On a normal system the DRS flap is deactivated the instant you press the brakes. The Ferrari system deactivates the DRS before you start breaking allowing the flow to get reattached to the rearwing so breaking becomes more stabile.

Otherwise there would be no point at all in using a pedal istead of the normal button on the steering wheel.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Caito wrote:

How accurate is that?

I think the DRS must be close just before the brake application, if not, it would perhaps upset the balance of the car at braking ?

EDIT : Holm beat me to this

Nando
Nando

It could also be de-activated by a sudden lift on the throttle.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

raymondu999

Holm86 wrote:Otherwise there would be no point at all in using a pedal istead of the normal button on the steering wheel.
I disagree with this statement. It keeps the hands and fingers free for other uses.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法