Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
AnthonyG

Re: Ferrari F2012

Very minor change. I couldn't tell if it were changed if it weren't for the new seams.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Hail22

Slight changes of the rear diffuser for Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi:

Inidia:

If you take a closer look the starter hole has a more aggressive curve (Pure guess around 45 Degrees per angle). Looks to be feeding the new scoop.

Now on the small flap connected to the diffusor, at this weekend its seems to have been converted to a double slit instead of the single element seen at all races up to india

India:

Abu Dhabi:

Note in the Abu Dhabi photo as well that the double holes spotted in India have been taped up? (perhaps it wasn't working or their hiding something pre practice?)

Would be nice for someone like Scarbs, Bhall, Amou, Crucial X to take a look at this, to me this seems to be a hole/tunnel feeding the diffuser...or even more far fetched the floor.

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

idiot
idiot

Come on guys..U are so anxius to spot new things on f2012 ...Nothing new yet ,everything looks the same from india except some kind of metal attachement points on the diffuser like f300v10 mentioned..nothing more than that..

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

idiot wrote:Come on guys..U are so anxius to spot new things on f2012 ...Nothing new yet ,everything looks the same from india except some kind of metal attachement points on the diffuser like f300v10 mentioned..nothing more than that..
That's what this forum and thread are about, discussing technical developments. And F1 is all about minimal increments to outperform the competition. A hundredth of a second is significant, and a tenth even more so.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

jonaliew
jonaliew

I've overexposed the area in the picture (hence the rectangle). So people can judge.

If there were holes. Do you ever think we might be following RBR letterbox solution?

munudeges
munudeges

f1316 wrote:I'm sure he knows his stuff, but I'm surprised that the coke bottle, front wing and diffuser of a front-running car could be as basic as he seems to suggest.
Compared to what they're up against there just hasn't been the same level of development and what has gone on the car on Friday generally hasn't stayed on for Saturday. They just haven't got the major updates on their car required to keep pace.

Whether they're second or not they are a long way off now, and that's Anderson's point.

idiot
idiot

jonaliew wrote:I've overexposed the area in the picture (hence the rectangle). So people can judge.

If there were holes. Do you ever think we might be following RBR letterbox solution?
That thing looks like a hole is there some gps ago..The diffusser stuff Hail 44 mentioned where used on indian gp..The only new thing to watch is that metal things on the diffuser that look like attachment points that may host something.."MAY",this is a speculation still..and this forum hasnt to do with speculations..

remix
remix

Idiot look at the diffusor, there are a second (gourney flap over) compare both dif and talk, you will se the second! In india dif has one line ind, abu dhabi 2, look good

jonaliew
jonaliew

idiot i was referring to Hall's comment where "Would be nice for someone like Scarbs, Bhall, Amou, Crucial X to take a look at this, to me this seems to be a hole/tunnel feeding the diffuser...or even more far fetched the floor." that's why i did the overexposure for him.

Hail22

jonaliew wrote:idiot i was referring to Hall's comment where "Would be nice for someone like Scarbs, Bhall, Amou, Crucial X to take a look at this, to me this seems to be a hole/tunnel feeding the diffuser...or even more far fetched the floor." that's why i did the overexposure for him.
Indeed you did, thank you mate.

Well its not a "Shadow" so there is definitely a hole...however the question remains, where is it leading to/feeding?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

kebab
kebab

It could be an access to the connecting point of the pull-rod of the rear suspension.
Last edited by kebab on 02 Nov 2012, 04:42, edited 1 time in total.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

remix wrote:Idiot look at the diffusor, there are a second (gourney flap over) compare both dif and talk, you will se the second! In india dif has one line ind, abu dhabi 2, look good
There has been two Gurney Flaps on the F2012 for some time now. The Gurney Flap extension(to the floor) was first presented in India. Fernando ran this new spec diffuser, Massa did not.

We shall see what updates are brought to Abu Dhabi in a few hours.

timbo
timbo

munudeges wrote:Compared to what they're up against there just hasn't been the same level of development and what has gone on the car on Friday generally hasn't stayed on for Saturday. They just haven't got the major updates on their car required to keep pace.

Whether they're second or not they are a long way off now, and that's Anderson's point.
Well, if you look at Australia and India alone, there's obviously a great deal of development over the season. The fact that with so few working updates they're still in the hunt is telling that the car is fundamentally not a bad one.

Kiril Varbanov

Edit of this post: it appears that Ferrari have broken the curfew last night, three more chances left.
Last edited by Kiril Varbanov on 02 Nov 2012, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

kebab
kebab

I wonder why we don't change to the shorter RW endplate extension like RBR and Macca did. I understand that not what others have would work on the F2012 though.