2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

As I said, this thing with Renault telling to stop I think it is another of Horner's bulls**t stories.

He had a part overheating or was close of imminent failure? Let it fail, let the car stop because of the mechanical failure and you will get a clearance from the FIA to replace it under their supervision because you will have 100% clear proof about what happened.
If it is about a potential or a posibility of a part to fail on the way back and you stopped the car to avoid that, then (excuse me) f**k you and get to the back of the grid.
Last edited by stefan_ on 03 Nov 2012, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

mzivtins
mzivtins

Stefan, would changing that part in parc ferme bring its own penalty?

Cylinder
Cylinder

mzivtins wrote: Ok, so no penalty for going over the allocation of engines... but surely a penalty for changing and engine between Q3 and race start i.e parc ferme? isnt that the point? surely that is a 5 place grid drop, otherwise teams would always be doing it?!?!

And cylinder, yes i think they will take a look at the fuel regardless... a mechanical failure should never be a mitigating factor of breaking another rule... but i doubt it is fuel, its all speculation, but utterly BRILLIANT! so good for the championship going right to the wire!
According to Ted Kravitz, If red bull can prove the engine is ''damaged', they can switch the engine for a new one in parc ferme, then use an older engine, the engine they remove can not be used again for the rest of the season. Or something like that...this is why people are still not sure they will even get a penalty if there is an engine problem.

If anyone wants to correct me on this, please do so.
Last edited by Cylinder on 03 Nov 2012, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Mika1
Mika1

As always, Red Bull will get away with it.
The boss follows me on twitter.

Vanja #66

mzivtins wrote:Stefan, would changing that part in parc ferme bring its own penalty?
No, if they use an identical one in stead... But the part that is changed must fail in order to change it.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

banibhusan

mzivtins wrote:
Ok, so no penalty for going over the allocation of engines... but surely a penalty for changing and engine between Q3 and race start i.e parc ferme? isnt that the point? surely that is a 5 place grid drop, otherwise teams would always be doing it?!?!

And cylinder, yes i think they will take a look at the fuel regardless... a mechanical failure should never be a mitigating factor of breaking another rule... but i doubt it is fuel, its all speculation, but utterly BRILLIANT! so good for the championship going right to the wire!
What I understood is if they change with an old unit then no penalty will be imposed. But if they go for a new unit, which will be there 9th in this season, he will get a 10 place penalty. They are also allowed to change certain parts in the engine without incurring a penalty(tweeter again!! not fully sure).

I love this SPECULATION game!! :D

stefan_
stefan_

mzivtins wrote:Stefan, would changing that part in parc ferme bring its own penalty?
For example if the alternator had failed again on the in lap, I think that the FIA would allow them to fit in a new one (exact same as the broken one) so they can start the race. You can change certain broken parts with exactly the same new ones in parc ferme under FIA supervision.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Cylinder
Cylinder

stefan_ wrote:As I said, this thing with Renault telling to stop I think it is another of Horner's bulls**t stories.

He had a part overheating or was close of imminent failure? Let it fail, let the car stop because of the mechanical failure and you will get a clearance from the FIA to replace it under their supervision because you will have 100% clear proof about what happened.
If it is about a potential or a posibility of a part to fail on the way back and you stopped the car to avoid that, then (excuse me) f**k you and get to the back of the grid.
The Horner ''Renault'' asked us to stop thingy stank of --- to be honest. I could be wrong, but Renault told them to stop, and never bothered to tell them why or give them any idea whatsoever?

rssh

stefan_ wrote:As I said, this thing with Renault telling to stop I think it is another of Horner's bulls**t stories.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself here , firstly let us know what the problem is then we can argue what is the right kind of penalty .

As far as I am concerned if the fuel level is about 2 litre then he won't get the penalty but if it is less then they ought to hand him the last place .

In Parc ferme rule one can change the parts w/o a penalty if it is replaced with an identical part which fits the weight and dimension of the part failed (even Alonso had the anti roll bar changed in Monza though he made it to the pits) . If its a Gearbox failure or an Engine failure then he will get 5 & 10 grid drop resp.

Even if it is an alternator failure or a wire harness problem then he won't get a penalty (IMO :mrgreen: ).

AnthonyG

You won't hear from RB or Renault what's wrong with their car, so don't excite yourselves , I gues it'll take a least a few more hours till we hear something (if we do so) from the FIA stewards etc.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Forza

adamcooperf1
#F1 Red Bull and Renault delegation just headed to race control to discuss Vettel stopping on track with FIA Stewards

mzivtins
mzivtins

Its not really WHAT is wrong with the car that we are all hanging on for, it is the result of having him stop and what it means for tomorrows race... its awful of me but PLEASE 5 place grid drop!! AWESOME CLOSING RACES!

Guisson

Every Alonso Fan is waiting for a Grid Drop :mrgreen:
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

Cylinder
Cylinder

rssh wrote: I think you are getting ahead of yourself here , firstly let us know what the problem is then we can argue what is the right kind of penalty .
Forget what the "problem" is.

Step 1 is this.

Was there enough fuel in the car when it stopped so that a sample could have been produced to the FIA, if it had completed the in lap.

Is there is any doubt over this, then he's needs to go to the back.

lebesset
lebesset

horner said the instruction came from the engine department ...and that is renault personnel , not RBR

the fact that they can change to another engine from their allocation of 8 shows what nonsense the gearbox regulation is , why isn't that the same regulation ie , you can change to another of your gearbox allocation without penalty , instead of a 5 place penalty
Last edited by lebesset on 03 Nov 2012, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be