2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ecapox

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

Adamcooper also notes that it is very odd that team principle be involved in matters like these. Uh oh.

Lurk

Fake Martin Brundle ‏@FakeMBrundle wrote: Hamilton awarded penalty for vettel running out of fuel
:mrgreen:

mzivtins
mzivtins

Lurk wrote:
Fake Martin Brundle ‏@FakeMBrundle wrote: Hamilton awarded penalty for vettel running out of fuel
:lol: =D>

stefan_
stefan_

Kevin Eason ‏@easonF1
Ridiculous. Told that a Vettel decision will be another hour at least. Charlie Whiting, race director, has gone for dinner
Kevin Eason ‏@easonF1
Stewards said to be waiting for Red Bull/Renault to provide explanation for why Vettel stopped on track in quali for
Last edited by stefan_ on 03 Nov 2012, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Lurk wrote:

Yep I just seen this on FIA twitter
Fake FIA tweet wrote:Vettel has been found without enough fuel in the car. Hamilton will be given a 23 place grid penalty for starting the trend in Spain

Cylinder
Cylinder

Lurk wrote:

Can I just say, whilst we wait for these results, Hamilton was mighty today, obviously he is Enemy no1 to the Tifosi, BUT, I have to say, I look at him in quali today and I think, how much of that is the car and how much was the driver? It seemed to me like Hamilton himself may have been the difference today, just a hunch. For me, over a lap, he is clearly the one and would commit murders in a red bull rocketship.

stefan_
stefan_

Jake Humphrey ‏@mrjakehumphrey
Gary Anderson on it - was just now the only man to grab Christian Horner...CH said fuel issue and we'll find outcome 'shortly'
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

banibhusan

Might be a fuel pressure issue or something!! Will there be a penalty in that case? I guess not!!

FakeAlonso

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1
RT @mrjakehumphrey Gary Anderson on it - just now the only man to grab Christian Horner... CH said fuel issue & we'll find outcome 'shortly'

RT @5LiveF1 Christian Horner tells BBC's Gary Anderson that there was a problem with the fuel system
Last edited by FakeAlonso on 03 Nov 2012, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

Omegadez
Omegadez

#F1 Unusual for a team principal to become involved in such matters which can only mean it's getting serious for Vettel...

Something must be getting serious, looks like Redbull must be putting their hands in their pockets again to get outta trouble...

Cylinder
Cylinder

Told ya, forget any possible 'mechanical issues', 1st thing to check is the fuel load........... :lol:

stefan_
stefan_

@FakeAlonso - no need to post same things twice.

Hope that it will be a good clarification, not some obscure statements that will allow Vettel to start the race 3rd (because the whole thing is unclear), win it and the bulls to be happy.
Last edited by stefan_ on 03 Nov 2012, 18:56, edited 2 times in total.

FakeAlonso

That Horner remark v interesting - I was told by insiders a while ago unconfirmed rumours that Vettel did not have enough fuel

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

FakeAlonso wrote:Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1
RT @mrjakehumphrey Gary Anderson on it - just now the only man to grab Christian Horner... CH said fuel issue & we'll find outcome 'shortly'

RT @5LiveF1 Christian Horner tells BBC's Gary Anderson that there was a problem with the fuel system

To quote Sebastian

''yes baby, yes, yes, that's what I'm talking about... thanks you guys''

FakeAlonso

According to Autosprint no issues with the alternator, only fuel and engine discussed.