2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Cylinder
Cylinder

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

Guys, where do we stand on this?

Assuming....

He didnt have enough fuel to do the in lap and provide a sample.

Red Bull stopped him on track to avoid running out of enough fuel for the sample.

Is the so called 'problem with the fuel system' relevant or not?

Mika1
Mika1

If it is a fuel problem=DSQ
The boss follows me on twitter.

adam2003
adam2003

Taking ages to find out grrrr

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Cylinder wrote:Guys, where do we stand on this?

Assuming....

He didnt have enough fuel to do the in lap and provide a sample.

Red Bull stopped him on track to avoid running out of enough fuel for the sample.

Is the so called 'problem with the fuel system' relevant or not?
If it is the same problem as Hamilton, i.e. miscalculation of the fuel he goes to the back of the grid.

If it is some kind of mechanical fault they can get a grid penalty of 10 grid places, or none at all depending on the specific kit that faulted

LionKing
LionKing

Mika1 wrote:If it is a fuel problem=DSQ
Not necessarily....It can be a problem with full pump etc...

adam2003
adam2003

ESPImperium wrote:Id like to see drivers be told that they have 400 seconds to return to Parc Ferme once flag has waved at end of Quali, and if they stop for any reason, fuel or technical they go to back of grid. Lets make it black or white in the regulations. If there is a problem on the tech side, let them do the damage to the engine or gear box. If they have to replace, either between Quali and the Race id make them start from back of grid, or better still pit lane with Le Mans style 1 lap down rule.

Engine and Gearbox changes should be punished harshly.

I know i have been critical of engine and gearbox rules, as i think they should be consecutively not concurrently as is present rule.
Bit harsh isnt it

FakeAlonso

autosprint ‏@autosprint
Si parla anche di un generico "problema di alimentazione" per Vettel #F1 #AbuDhabi

Not sure about the proper translation but seems like "power" problem

Someone with better Italian can help.

Goran2812
Goran2812

Red bull will get away with it... Like they always do... :) sorry to say it but game over for alonso i'm afraid... It would take a miracle for him to become champion. Ham wins tomorrow,seb second, alo 5th and thats all folks... :D it'll be a boring race tomorrow if maldonado doesn't do some of his magic! :D
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

turbof1

stefan_ wrote:
Jake Humphrey ‏@mrjakehumphrey
Gary Anderson on it - was just now the only man to grab Christian Horner...CH said fuel issue and we'll find outcome 'shortly'
That'll be a red bull at the back...
Goran2812 wrote:Red bull will get away with it... Like they always do... :) sorry to say it but game over for alonso i'm afraid... It would take a miracle for him to become champion. Ham wins tomorrow,seb second, alo 5th and thats all folks... :D it'll be a boring race tomorrow if maldonado doesn't do some of his magic! :D
If the issue really is underfueled, and it's looking like that more and more every minute, then they aren't going to get away with it. A precedent has been set by excluding all times of Hamilton at Spain. The consequences are absolutely clear.
#AeroFrodo

motobaleno

FakeAlonso wrote:autosprint ‏@autosprint
Si parla anche di un generico "problema di alimentazione" per Vettel #F1 #AbuDhabi

"problema di alimentazione" means problems with fuel delivery to the engine
like fuel pump and so

ecapox

They are saying that it is a generic fuel delivery problem.

FrukostScones

fuel pumping and injection I think, from what I read the engine was close to sucking in air through the fuel injection system...
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Omegadez
Omegadez

F1: "Told that a Vettel decision will be another hour at least. Charlie Whiting, race director, has gone for dinner” >>really!!?!!?

@andrewbensonf1 : That Horner remark v interesting - I was told by insiders a while ago unconfirmed rumours that Vettel did not have enough fuel

@andrewbensonf1 : Vettel: "A couple corners before, I was told to come back quickly. So I tried to hurry up. That would speak against fact we ran out of fuel"

If they have told him t stop the car and there is no known reason to stop the car then they surely are testing the rules, seems to me like fuel issue.

turbof1

FrukostScones wrote:

fuel pumping and injection I think, from what I read the engine was close to sucking in air through the fuel injection system...
Isn't that line translated from Horner's original comment, then back translated to english? If I am correct (tell me if so otherwise), Horner's exact words were "fuel issue". Could very well be that translated the line twice makes it something it isn't.
#AeroFrodo

FrukostScones

no It is from Marc Surer and I mixed it with Autosprint
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.