2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sombrero
Sombrero

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

It would be very difficult to force Vettel to start from the pits if Alonso and Massa don't...

Mika1
Mika1

The boss follows me on twitter.

Omegadez
Omegadez

I am quite sure that If were talking about a Force India of a Toro Rosso they would be at the 24th position 2 hours ago.
I think if it was anyone else on the grid apart from Vettel the decision would have been ages ago and if it would have been Hamilton it would have been made even before the interviews!

I bet i know who is paying the bill for Charlie Whitings dinner, probably having some champagne with it too....

FakeAlonso

ESPN F1 ‏@ESPNF1
For reference, the decision on Hamilton in Barcelona came four and a half hours after qualifying. We've been nearly four now. #F1 #AbuDhabi

Lee McKenzie ‏@LeeMcKenzieF1
Still in the paddock waiting to hear Vettel's fate. 3 hours on and no decision which would make you doubt whether he would keep his 3rd!

turbof1

FakeAlonso wrote:ESPN F1 ‏@ESPNF1
For reference, the decision on Hamilton in Barcelona came four and a half hours after qualifying. We've been nearly four now. #F1 #AbuDhabi
Add in an extra hour for Charlies diner...
#AeroFrodo

Forza

F1.com wrote:Q: Sebastian, you stopped out on track at the end of qualifying. Why? Was it an engine problem or low fuel?
Sebastian Vettel: Neither. We will have to find out what happened. I was told over the team radio to come back to the pits as fast as I could, which doesn’t suggest the issue was low fuel. You wouldn’t say something like that if there was a risk of being on the limit.

Q: And the engine felt good?
SV: Yes, there was no issue whatsoever. But I got a brief and short instruction to stop the car.

Cylinder
Cylinder

Few rumours swirling around that, no penalty will be issued, source: Faceless twitter numbnuts.

FakeAlonso

From Twitter all major f1 journalists are losing their patience over the decision.

Is Charlie still out for dinner?

stefan_
stefan_

Hope he doesn't choke :)
Jake Humphrey ‏@mrjakehumphrey

Gary Anderson reports there should be some news in 15 minutes.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Lurk

FakeAlonso wrote:From Twitter all major f1 journalists are losing their patience over the decision.

A good journalist would have dinner with Charlie... :D

FakeAlonso

Gary Anderson reports news in 15 min

FakeAlonso

Lurk wrote:
FakeAlonso wrote:From Twitter all major f1 journalists are losing their patience over the decision.

A good journalist would have dinner with Charlie... :D
Maybe Mr.Mateschitz is having dinner. :)

turbof1

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperf1

#F1 FIA man says Vettel announcement is 'close' so we won't have long to wait it seems
#AeroFrodo

FakeAlonso

How many will be surprised if he gets away with it?

stefan_
stefan_

I will be surprised if he doesn't.
Ted Kravitz ‏@tedkravitz
Some detail while wait for decision on Vettel: I understand problem was low fuel pressure in fuel collector. Reason as yet unexplained
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985