2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dawguk
dawguk

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

Under what conditions would that imminent failure mysteriously go away without fixing something under part ferme conditions?

myurr
myurr

turbof1 wrote:
MrBlacky wrote:One question: They stopped Vettel on purpose, so there wasn't actually a failure on the car at that moment.

This is a breach of the rule, that the car has to reach the pits under its own power, isn't it?
The rules state it has to be "force majeure". I think it does not necessarily has to be a failure; if there is evidence enough that there was a problem that didn't manifested yet, but was going to if Vettel continued, then that'll be enough
Surely force majeure means that something has to be outside the teams control, rather than just a simple failure? Something like a tyre exploding or a dog running on to the circuit.

stefan_
stefan_

We don't need the whole twitter feed over here, post the relevant tweets if they aren't posted yet.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Omegadez
Omegadez

No if it is only a minor failure than they will not get a penalty!!

If there is a problem with the pump or something similar that would mean that the car would not get fuel into the injectors causing it to stop. Doesn´t only ave to mean there is no fuel left. Although it all seems very strange to me, if there would have been a problem the car would have just stopped he wouldnt need to be told to stop.

myurr
myurr

dawguk wrote:Under what conditions would that imminent failure mysteriously go away without fixing something under part ferme conditions?
They're allowed to replace failed parts, or parts about to fail, under parc ferme. You'd be amazed how much actually gets changed in parc ferme.

astracrazy
astracrazy

myurr wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
MrBlacky wrote:One question: They stopped Vettel on purpose, so there wasn't actually a failure on the car at that moment.

This is a breach of the rule, that the car has to reach the pits under its own power, isn't it?
The rules state it has to be "force majeure". I think it does not necessarily has to be a failure; if there is evidence enough that there was a problem that didn't manifested yet, but was going to if Vettel continued, then that'll be enough
Surely force majeure means that something has to be outside the teams control, rather than just a simple failure? Something like a tyre exploding or a dog running on to the circuit.
yes, unavoidable accident. I guess in relation to fuel, a fuel leak on his in lap would be such an example for force majeure if he didn't have enough fuel.

dawguk
dawguk

Eh. Either way, the FIA are pushing hard for a penalty and Red Bull are pushing hard back. Therefore, the FIA thinks something is suspect. This whole debacle is starting to stink.

Cylinder
Cylinder

FakeAlonso wrote:Jake Humphrey ‏
It's 10.30pm here and @alo_oficial is still here, chatting to mates...and waiting for a decision that could change the destiny of the title.

Typical Fernando, his strategy tomorrow depends on this result.

NathanOlder

How much longer can this take! Dont they know we have Fireworks to go and stare at :mrgreen:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

FakeAlonso

C. Horner just walked out of the FIA meeting

He refuse to comment so I suspect penalty. Otherwise he would have said no penalty.
Last edited by FakeAlonso on 03 Nov 2012, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

astracrazy
astracrazy

Cylinder wrote:
It's 10.30pm here and @alo_oficial is still here, chatting to mates...and waiting for a decision that could change the destiny of the title.

typical fernando? what?

its got nothing to do with him.

Hangaku

Indeed, although you could say that this is a bit of a Catherine wheel...

Round and round and round and ...
Yer.

Lurk

Cylinder wrote:

This is what I am thinking...

I need someone technical to explain the following....mainly because I am stupid.

This fuel pressure/pickup system, how does it work (basics)?

I am hearing from some that ''fuel pressure' issues really mean "not enough fuel left in the tank".
There should be some posts around the forum which will explain better than me but basically the fuel line is the following (if I remember well): low pressure pumps pick fuel from tank and feed a small room with fuel / high pressure pumps pick fuel from this room and feed injectors.

So if you don't have enough fuel in the tank, low pressure pumps will not fill the room and high pressure pumps will not have fuel to pick either.

edit: http://scarbsf1.com/blog1/2012/06/01/an ... el-system/
Last edited by Lurk on 03 Nov 2012, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

astracrazy
astracrazy

Christian Horner says a statement will be made in next 5 minutes from the FIA

tends to suggest he doesn't like the result else he'd say himself?

Cylinder
Cylinder

astracrazy wrote:
Cylinder wrote:

typical fernando? what?

its got nothing to do with him.
The man is utterly relentless, you should know this. All he thinks about is "what is the gap to vettel", "How many points I need tommorrow give myself a realistic chance" His brain is one big championship calculator. No surprise whatsoever he is waiting around to find out what will happen.