2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

FakeAlonso wrote:Aquí el tenim... Han obert el garatge i l'han tornat a tancar.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6yu6hcCYAA5AwC.jpg:large[/ img]

Someone help with trnaslation
"Here we have it... they've opened the garage and have then closed it again."

I don't wish bad luck towards any driver or team, but Vettel's pentaly really livens up the remainder of the season!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

dave34m
dave34m

raymondu999 wrote: Actually, will be interesting to see where Vettel feeds in, given his pitlane start. The pit exit covers Turns 1 and 2 on the circuit.
I would imagine he will feed in last, well last

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Has anybody looked into the issue of an engine replacement? If Red Bull replace an engine will they forfeit the 10 place grid drop or will it be carried on to next race?

dave34m
dave34m

Just watching the V8 Supercars on TV, man do they look slow on such a huge circuit and about 30 seconds a lap down on F1 cars, they probablay aren't the best option for a support race.

JimClarkFan wrote:Has anybody looked into the issue of an engine replacement? If Red Bull replace an engine will they forfeit the 10 place grid drop or will it be carried on to next race?
I'm going to guess no based on sporting regs:
28.4  a)  Each driver may use no more than eight engines during a Championship season. Should 
a driver use more than eight engines he will drop ten places on the starting grid at the 
first Event during which each additional engine is used
. If two such additional engines 
are used during a single Event the driver concerned will drop ten places on the starting 
grid at that Event and at the following Event. 

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

1158 wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:Has anybody looked into the issue of an engine replacement? If Red Bull replace an engine will they forfeit the 10 place grid drop or will it be carried on to next race?
28.4  a)  Each driver may use no more than eight engines during a Championship season. Should 
a driver use more than eight engines he will drop ten places on the starting grid at the 
are used during a single Event the driver concerned will drop ten places on the starting 

BUT would that be applied at Abu Dhabi, I mean they can hardly give him another 10 place grid start? Surely the most logical thing to do if Red Bull did change the engine would be to give them a 10 place grid penalty at the next race?

JimClarkFan wrote:
1158 wrote:

BUT would that be applied at Abu Dhabi, I mean they can hardly give him another 10 place grid start? Surely the most logical thing to do if Red Bull did change the engine would be to give them a 10 place grid penalty at the next race?

I have never seen a penalty applied next race to the HRTs of the world when they qualify last then change a gearbox or have a grid penalty for blocking or other such nonsense during a race weekend. With the way the regs are written I don't see how they can. It doesn't follow the spirit of the rules, but in my mind it follows the way it is written.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

1158 wrote: I have never seen a penalty applied next race to the HRTs of the world when they qualify last then change a gearbox or have a grid penalty for blocking or other such nonsense during a race weekend. With the way the regs are written I don't see how they can. It doesn't follow the spirit of the rules, but in my mind it follows the way it is written.

Lets just hope they don't change the engine then, otherwise there is gonna be one almighty chit storm.

JimClarkFan wrote:
1158 wrote: I have never seen a penalty applied next race to the HRTs of the world when they qualify last then change a gearbox or have a grid penalty for blocking or other such nonsense during a race weekend. With the way the regs are written I don't see how they can. It doesn't follow the spirit of the rules, but in my mind it follows the way it is written.

Lets just hope they don't change the engine then, otherwise there is gonna be one almighty chit storm.

I hope they do/did. :lol: Just like Ferrari breaking curfew twice in one weekend resulted in a clarification it would hopefully bring about a clarification. Of course the people who hate RB would complain about FIA assistance just like those who hate the Red Team were grumbling about the curfew break. To me the precedent has been set with previous penalties not being carried over. I am keenly interested in what would happen in this case and have wondered about it in the past.

dave34m
dave34m

JimClarkFan wrote:
1158 wrote:

No, the rules clearly state that its at that race that the engine is first used. Its not logical at all to want to alter that, if the car in question is already in last place then he just gets a free engine, nothing wrong with that at all.
Its just making the best of a bad situation which is fine, same sort of thing about getting a free gearbox change if you didn't finish the previous race.

dave34m
dave34m

JimClarkFan wrote:

Arghh No, can't see why anybody could really complain about it. Its very clear in the rules

raymondu999

JimClarkFan wrote:
1158 wrote:

According to precedence, no. Source: Felipe Massa, Singapore 2010.

Here: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86984
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

clipsy1H wrote:
you are not fair.... why Vettel need to prove us that he's an amazing driver??? he start from pit lane so if he score 1 point will be like a win.
Vettel will never be given justice as a great or greatest driver if he only wins from the front. I doubt he will win but a top 5 would probably be what he needs. The WDC is going to come down to a few points and this might be the race we all look back on and say "That's where Vettel lost it" or the latter. Think 2008 Singapore gp. Massa still says he should've won that race which cost him title.

banibhusan

Apparently RBR and Renault are still insisting that enough fuel was present in the tank, but it was not possible to extract all the fuel without removing bodywork.
C.Horner wrote:"The rules dictate that one litre has to be able to be provided without the removal of bodywork, without manipulating the car,"

"We believe that the fuel is in the cell, according to what Renault have told us, but you cannot dismantle the cell to give the sample.
Article 6.6 wrote: 6.6 Fuel draining and sampling

6.6.1 Competitors must provide a means of removing all fuel from the car.

6.6.2 Competitors must ensure that a one litre sample of fuel may be taken from the car at any time during the Event.

Except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the stewards of the meeting), if a sample of fuel is required after a practice session the car concerned must have first been driven back to the pits under its own power.

6.6.3 All cars must be fitted with a -2 'Symetrics' male fitting in order to facilitate fuel sampling. If an electric pump on board the car cannot be used to remove the fuel an externally connected one may be used provided it is evident that a representative fuel sample is being taken. If an external pump is used it must be possible to connect the FIA sampling hose to it and any hose between the car and pump must be -3 in diameter and not exceed 2m in length. Details of the fuel sampling hose may be found in the Appendix to these regulations.

6.6.4 The sampling procedure must not necessitate starting the engine or the removal of bodywork (other than the cover over any refuelling connector).
I remember reading that there are multiple layers in a fuel cell(may be 3 or 4). But why would that make extraction difficult?

banibhusan wrote:
I remember reading that there are multiple layers in a fuel cell(may be 3 or 4). But why would that make extraction difficult?

Only thing I can think of is a failure of one or more of the baffle trap doors. I would think RBR would pull the cell out to try and figure out what happened.